• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

I contacted my vrbo owner and my reservation for June was made in January but it was in her name. She was able to switch it over from her name to my name and I got an email confirmation from Wyndham. Does that mean my reservation should be pretty safe? or since there was a name change after March 15th could it still be in jeopardy?
We don't really know and Wyndham hasn't provided a lot of details to their owners about this. There is nothing preventing owners from adding a guest certificate after the March 15th date. No popup, nothing. Just that it is "subject to cancellation". It could end up just getting cancelled, who knows. I wish you luck.

Curious about what others do on early arrival before their room is ready? Its most likely based on direct flights and airport, etc that we would be arriving at BC before noon.... what do others do while they wait for their room?

Curious about what others do on early arrival before their room is ready? Its most likely based on direct flights and airport, etc that we would be arriving at BC before noon.... what do others do while they wait for their room?
You don't have to go directly to the resort. You can go to the parks, Disney Springs, International Drive, or go shopping somewhere first.

If you arrive at the resort and your room isn't ready, you can still use the amenities. Hang out at the pool, eat at the restaurants and play mini-golf.

They have facilities to change, so you won't have to go swimming in your airport attire.

They can hold your bags until it's time to check-in.

Last edited:

does DoorDash, Uber eats, etc. deliver to resort? Is food delivered to main building or can driver bring to room?

We don't really know and Wyndham hasn't provided a lot of details to their owners about this. There is nothing preventing owners from adding a guest certificate after the March 15th date. No popup, nothing. Just that it is "subject to cancellation". It could end up just getting cancelled, who knows. I wish you luck.
Just wanted to update that my reservation was canceled. My vrbo owner called Wyndham and they confirmed it was going to be canceled despite the system allowing her to transfer it to my name. The reservation was made in January but she added my name March 17, so it was subject to cancellation. Had the owner not called, I'm not sure when they would've officially cancelled it.

Just wanted to update that my reservation was canceled. My vrbo owner called Wyndham and they confirmed it was going to be canceled despite the system allowing her to transfer it to my name. The reservation was made in January but she added my name March 17, so it was subject to cancellation. Had the owner not called, I'm not sure when they would've officially cancelled it.
It may be annoying but can you book for one night somewhere and check in on June 2nd? It says the peak is May 28th-June 2nd...So, I wonder if checking IN on June 2nd would be OK??

Another update ..
after being told my reservation was safe and not to worry , I read your post and reached out to Vacation Straegy again because it wasn’t sitting right with me . I wanted to specifically hear that my name was on the reservation. Sure enough they had given me the wrong info and my reservation will be cancelled .

They say they are in active talks with Wyndham to find out what happens because I booked with a credit but their contact isn’t in the office for the weekend and they will let me know next week .
So the bottom line is I reached out to them for the information, they gave me the wrong information, and I had to reach out a second time after reading here to get the right info .

I asked about a refund but this is an old old credit and I didn’t book their cancellation insurance way back then . So I’m sure they are just going to offer me credit . I’d rather just book elsewhere and get the dates I want and part of me thinks they owe me the money back given that they are cancelling this, not me . But I don’t think it will work that way . Overall I’m just annoyed about the whole thing.

Another update ..
after being told my reservation was safe and not to worry , I read your post and reached out to Vacation Straegy again because it wasn’t sitting right with me . I wanted to specifically hear that my name was on the reservation. Sure enough they had given me the wrong info and my reservation will be cancelled .
They say they are in active talks with Wyndham to find out what happens because I booked with a credit and blah blah . But the bottom line is I reached out to them for the information, they gave me the wrong information and I had to reach out a second time to get the right info .
I asked about a refund but this is an old old credit and I didn’t book their cancellation insurance. So I’m sure they are just going to offer me credit . I’d rather just book elsewhere and get the dates I want and part of me thinks they owe me the money back given that they are cancelling this , not me . But I don’t think it will work that way .
Sorry to hear this. My situation was similar as well... Wyndham bonnet creek actually told me my reservation was fine but I pursued with presidential reserve and bonnet creek was wrong. Good luck getting a refund.

Is there any way to determine how crowded WBC is now? Is there a limit on occupancy for Spring Break? (3/26 - 4/3)

I'm not aware of a limit on occupancy at this resort. When I look online as a Wyndham owner, there is no availability for a 2-night stay or longer in any room category or size, between 3/26 and 4/3. So, it appears to be nearly fully booked!

Okay we did it! We are going to do what we thought couldn't be done and stay in a non-Disney hotel! Cancelled our BCV reservation, saved almost 2700 dollars, and booked a 2-Bedroom Suite at the Club Wyndham for September! The comparisons kept pointing to Wyndham! Huge space in your room, two bedrooms, washer and dryer, balcony. Come on!

Now, time to soak in all 313 pages of this thread!

Okay we did it! We are going to do what we thought couldn't be done and stay in a non-Disney hotel! Cancelled our BCV reservation, saved almost 2700 dollars, and booked a 2-Bedroom Suite at the Club Wyndham for September! The comparisons kept pointing to Wyndham! Huge space in your room, two bedrooms, washer and dryer, balcony. Come on!

It is a beautiful resort and I think you will really enjoy it. (We own DVC points and Wyndham points and I like staying at Bonnet Creek just as much as the Disney resorts). We stayed at Bonnet Creek last week and the employees were super nice and glad to be there. They were touching up paint in the hallways and everything looked top notch (we were in Tower 5). We actually were upgraded from a one bedroom to a two bedroom at checkin - “thanks for being a valued owner, you have been upgraded” was sweet to hear. 😁

You won't regret it!

As DVC owners, we like WBC as well and hope to exchange in there more often with our other timeshares. To me, the only downside is transportation. If visiting WDW parks will be a large part of your stay, I’d rent a car, but if most of your time will be spent at the resort (where there is more than enough to fill your days), it’s not necessary.

As DVC owners, we like WBC as well and hope to exchange in there more often with our other timeshares. To me, the only downside is transportation. If visiting WDW parks will be a large part of your stay, I’d rent a car, but if most of your time will be spent at the resort (where there is more than enough to fill your days), it’s not necessary.

Car rented!

When we went last July, they had set pool times- like 12-2, 3-5, 6-8..you had to show up at the start of the time block to make sure you could get in. Can anyone who has been recently tell me if they are still doing this? We go next week and want to be prepared!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter