The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Hey, all! It's been three years since I've stayed at WBC but we are going back in December! The rate for the 1 bedroom was Uh. Maze. Ing.

Anyway...way back in 2017, I attempted an Instacart order that went awry and was never delivered to the hotel.

I am wanting to do an order for our December trip and wondering what folks' recent experiences have been?

Hey, all! It's been three years since I've stayed at WBC but we are going back in December! The rate for the 1 bedroom was Uh. Maze. Ing.

Anyway...way back in 2017, I attempted an Instacart order that went awry and was never delivered to the hotel.

I am wanting to do an order for our December trip and wondering what folks' recent experiences have been?
It seems the bell staff will no longer accept grocery orders. So plan to be at the lobby to receive your order when they arrive.

They will jut blame it on corona and staff shortages. It’s the “go to” excuse nowadays for most businesses generally sucking.
This is an issue that has been percolating for a while. It's easy to complain about a lack of service, but this is a timeshare resort that was built long before anyone started ordering groceries. Timeshare owners pay fees that pay for what customer service amenities are offered. They may not think it is worth paying for grocery handling.

WBC is a large resort with hundreds of rooms. I can certainly see where getting dozens of grocery deliveries a day, storing them, making sure they get to the right guests can be an issue.

Then there is the issue of liability if items are missing, broken, spoiled, etc. Was the order wrong? Who broke those eggs?

Anyway, I think the best thing is for guests to just get their orders from the delivery person.

Does anyone know if you can walk between Wyndham Bonnet Creek and the JW Marriott Bonnet Creek. Looks like it is about 1/2 mile?

Also is the entertainment back? Music/game at the pools, etc?

Does anyone know if you can walk between Wyndham Bonnet Creek and the JW Marriott Bonnet Creek. Looks like it is about 1/2 mile?

Also is the entertainment back? Music/game at the pools, etc?
It's probably about a half mile or so. I think there's a jogging path so you won't have to walk in the road or on the grass. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong on this.

When I stayed there at the beginning of May I was in Bldg. 5 where the lazy river is located and they weren't playing music or games but this may have been because of that particular location. Other pools may have music and kid's activities.

Things have also loosened up a bit since the first week of May.. As an example, they weren't providing floats for the lazy river, you had to buy them or bring your own. About a week after I got home, they began providing floats.

I'm still going to bring my own float because mine has a 'seat' and is way more comfortable than the tubes they provided or were available for purchase. I had many, many people ask me where I got mine. 5 bucks at Target.

Last edited:
It's probably about a half mile or so. I think there's a jogging path so you won't have to walk in the road or on the grass.
Yes, pretty sure there are paved sidewalks throughout Bonnet Creek on one side of the entire length of Chelonia Pkwy. It naturally includes the stretch between Wyndham and Marriott.

hmm I made a reservation on June 19 for Aug 14-19 with my parents points (so using a guest certificate). Nothing was said during the reservation that we couldn't do this. They are VIP so hopefully I'm ok. It's a quick last minute trip for just my daughter and I.

hmm I made a reservation on June 19 for Aug 14-19 with my parents points (so using a guest certificate). Nothing was said during the reservation that we couldn't do this. They are VIP so hopefully I'm ok. It's a quick last minute trip for just my daughter and I.
Owners can have up to two guest certificates added in a year during the restricted periods. So you should be fine.

Staying at Bonnet Creek for the first time with a room purchased via Ken Price at Vacation Upgrades and looking at the amenities offered, I assume they'd be open to us -- pool, etc? All of the sudden I'm reading up on things saying you need wristbands and such and I started to get ever-so-slightly concerned that we wouldn't get them.

I assume we'll be able to do things like mini-golf, cornhole, ping pong, etc?

Also, are towels available at the pools?

I'm admittedly a little confused about the landscape of Bonnet Creek and I think I read a little bit about this in this thread, but is the timeshare piece of Bonnet Creek tied in to the Hilton Bonnet Creek website seen here? Does anyone recommend any of the restaurants located at the Hilton or the Waldorf Astoria which I guess(?) is located nearby? Sorry for the multitude of questions? Just trying to figure out a new landscape for the first time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter