The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Staying at Bonnet Creek for the first time with a room purchased via Ken Price at Vacation Upgrades and looking at the amenities offered, I assume they'd be open to us -- pool, etc? All of the sudden I'm reading up on things saying you need wristbands and such and I started to get ever-so-slightly concerned that we wouldn't get them.

I assume we'll be able to do things like mini-golf, cornhole, ping pong, etc?

Also, are towels available at the pools?

I'm admittedly a little confused about the landscape of Bonnet Creek and I think I read a little bit about this in this thread, but is the timeshare piece of Bonnet Creek tied in to the Hilton Bonnet Creek website seen here? Does anyone recommend any of the restaurants located at the Hilton or the Waldorf Astoria which I guess(?) is located nearby? Sorry for the multitude of questions? Just trying to figure out a new landscape for the first time!
You have access to all the pools and amenities offered at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. That includes everything in operation, like games. You are just like all the other guests in the resort, so if they are using the wristbands you will be given them.

As for the Hilton and Waldorf, those properties next door to the WBC resort have no connection to WBC. You can go over there to eat if you want, of course. I have not eaten there.

"Bonnet Creek" is an area that includes several resorts that are not Disney resorts, even though the area is surrounded by Disney property.

You are staying at Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek, which shares amenities with the Wyndham Grand hotel.

Down the street is the Waldorf, the Waldorf Golf Course, the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek and the JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek.

You have access to all the pools and amenities offered at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. That includes everything in operation, like games. You are just like all the other guests in the resort, so if they are using the wristbands you will be given them.

As for the Hilton and Waldorf, those properties next door to the WBC resort have no connection to WBC. You can go over there to eat if you want, of course. I have not eaten there.

"Bonnet Creek" is an area that includes several resorts that are not Disney resorts, even though the area is surrounded by Disney property.

You are staying at Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek, which shares amenities with the Wyndham Grand hotel.

Down the street is the Waldorf, the Waldorf Golf Course, the Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek and the JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek.

Perfect. Thanks so much for the quick reply. Your response made it clear to me...I think the Bonnet Creek nomenclature is what was throwing me for a loop, but now I understand what it entails!

Perfect. Thanks so much for the quick reply. Your response made it clear to me...I think the Bonnet Creek nomenclature is what was throwing me for a loop, but now I understand what it entails!
PS the wristbands, while useful (they’ll open your room door & the pool gates and qualify you for discounts), have taken the place of parking passes for the purpose of giving Wyndham the chance to solicit you for a sales presentation. Be prepared for that.

PS the wristbands, while useful (they’ll open your room door & the pool gates and qualify you for discounts), have taken the place of parking passes for the purpose of giving Wyndham the chance to solicit you for a sales presentation. Be prepared for that.

Could you clarify what you mean by this? Do non-Wyndham folks have a different color wristband to point us out? I don’t NEED a wristband, but I wanna get into the pool. Ha! Is it just that when we get a wristband they’ll try and pull us into a sales pitch?

Could you clarify what you mean by this? Do non-Wyndham folks have a different color wristband to point us out? I don’t NEED a wristband, but I wanna get into the pool. Ha! Is it just that when we get a wristband they’ll try and pull us into a sales pitch?
no they're all the same. They try to sell points to everyone even if you already own a million!

As redboat45 said, they treat everyone the same. What I meant originally is that the person who checks you in won’t have the wristbands. They’ll send you to another desk in the lobby where someone else will try to entice you with gifts to spend part of your vacation with the sales staff who will try to sell you a Wyndham timeshare. So just be prepared for that “invitation” to attend a sales presentation.

If you stay on the hotel side at the Grand Orlando, then will they still try to get you to sit down for a timeshare presentation? We're staying at the hotel the first week of August and I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for what to expect in that regard.

If you stay on the hotel side at the Grand Orlando, then will they still try to get you to sit down for a timeshare presentation? We're staying at the hotel the first week of August and I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for what to expect in that regard.
I don't think so.

If you are visiting Orlando, you may stumble upon a timeshare pitch at any time. Disney even has them in their parks. Yes, Disney sells timeshares, called DVC. Disney just uses "pixie dust" to get people to sign up for presentations, not gift cards or discounts.

Anyhow, generally, they offer some kind of gift or vacation deal to hook you. Saying "no" works every time. It is not some kind of painful ordeal.

That would be the actual presentation.

This whole thing really stinks. We always travel over Sept/Oct for our family vacation to WBC. Been doing it for 8 years now and renting there every time. Looks like we won't be able to do that anymore since it always overlaps a weekend.

So I guess I'll start looking at Hilton Bonnet Creek. Its not a condo, but at least it in the same general area and they actually run bus service every half to one hour or so to the parks throughout the day which is something that WBC never really did well.
Bonnet creek isn't listed under the weekends in oct, it looks like it's only some Wyndham resorts

Yes, the “owners only” weekends are a Wyndham timeshare restriction. The other Bonnet Creek hotels aren’t affected.
I think the other poster meant that different resorts have different restrictions in the entire Wyndham group. WBC is not one of the resorts affected by this in the month of December, for instance.

I know there is a charge for the shuttle of eight dollars per person round-trip. Is that as many trips back-and-forth to the parks as we would like? For example, if we want to go to the park in the morning and come back in the afternoon for a break and then return to the park do we have to pay for two trips? We have been to Disney many times that this is going to be our first time staying offsite. Also, can anyone tell me how often the shuttles run? Thanks!

I know there is a charge for the shuttle of eight dollars per person round-trip. Is that as many trips back-and-forth to the parks as we would like? For example, if we want to go to the park in the morning and come back in the afternoon for a break and then return to the park do we have to pay for two trips? We have been to Disney many times that this is going to be our first time staying offsite. Also, can anyone tell me how often the shuttles run? Thanks!
This is the most recent posted, if I recall. It hasn’t changed that I know of.
Each trip from WBC requires payment/reservations. You cannot come and go on one payment.

Copied from a previous poster-
1626057777136.jpeg

The shuttle schedule isn't really conducive to coming and going. There are a couple of shuttles to the parks in the morning and a couple returning in the afternoon. It isn't a consistent schedule like you would find with WDW transportation between resorts and parks.

Yes, you have to pay for two trips. It is $8 per person round trip.

For a large family, it would make more sense to rent a car and pay for parking at Disney, although with today's rental car rates, that may not be true.

Is there a place that I can find recent activity guides posted? I can’t see anything on the website…

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter