• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

First timer here. Any tips on the check in process? We have a party of seven coming and staying in one of the suites. Do they all need to be there at check in? Anyway to avoid the sales desk people?
The biggest thing is the person named her n the reservation must be the person checking in. They will make literally no exceptions. Insanely annoying.

We checked in a couple days ago. Completely different experience than 2 years ago. This year they sent us to tower 6 to check in. Gave us our key and turned around to a desk filled with sales agents to get the wristbands. Now to be honest, we could’ve just skipped that part. We’ve been here 3 days and haven’t used them once. Our room key has worked for everything. I’m not sure why checkin was in tower 6, maybe they mix it up every day. Also for those wondering no you don’t need your whole party there at check in. The group ahead of us had 15 people in 4 separate rooms and only 4 of them were there checking in.
FYI, the wristbands will get you a discount on property. I think it is 10 or 15%.

Called BC yesterday and confirmed my reservation that I booked through Vacation Strategy. Everything is correct. The girl I talked to on the phone was super nice and helpful. Hoping that is a good sign of things to come.

Called BC yesterday and confirmed my reservation that I booked through Vacation Strategy. Everything is correct. The girl I talked to on the phone was super nice and helpful. Hoping that is a good sign of things to come.
If they have your reservations, you won't have any issues.

If you care about getting a good view, or a specific building, check in as early as possible.

If you care about getting a good view, or a specific building, check in as early as possible.

I have stayed at Bonnet Creek many times and I have found this to be not necessarily true. I have checked in both early and late and have got mixed results. I have arrived late and got a much better view than when I checked in early. Sometimes my view or request is honored, sometimes it's not. Sometimes the person who checks you in is short with you and tells you that requests cannot be made at all. Sometimes the checkin person is really nice and very accomodating. Honestly, I think it depends on who you get.

I recall seeing a system where we can leave items for future DISers who have an upcoming stay here at bonnet creek. Is this still a thing? We will be checking out Wednesday morning and have items (rain ponchos, inner tubes, food) that we prefer to leave for someone who can use :)

Hi, I’m looking to book here for the first time. I’m trying to book directly because vrbo makes me a little nervous. Google keeps pushing me to www.extraholidays.com. Is that a legit direct booking site for Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek?
Not sure why a third party booking site makes you nervous. Extra Holidays will allow you to get around the current blocked out time periods, but you will pay a lot more for it. Renting *semi* direct through an owner is the way to get the best price. Sure there is risk, but sites like Vrbo and KOALA hold the funds until after you checkin, so there is some added protection there. I have rented through KOALA several times without issue.

Not sure why a third party booking site makes you nervous. Extra Holidays will allow you to get around the current blocked out time periods, but you will pay a lot more for it. Renting *semi* direct through an owner is the way to get the best price. Sure there is risk, but sites like Vrbo and KOALA hold the funds until after you checkin, so there is some added protection there. I have rented through KOALA several times without issue.
Thanks. It’s mostly the cancellation policy that makes me nervous. I’ve got a six year old and a three year old. The odds of one of them being sick at any given time causing me to have to cancel a vacation is like 25/75. Extra holidays was offering free cancellation up to 72 hours before and then after that just losing one night’s deposit. The best VRBO seems to have is 30 or 14 days before free cancellation. I’m willing to pay the premium to be able to cancel.

We used Vacation Strategy to book our stay at Bonnet Creek for later this week. Have had a great experience so far with them and the price they gave us was awesome. Way cheaper than Extra Holidays by a couple hundred dollars. They also have a Cancelation Protection option you can pay for. I think the the refund type and window does vary though as you get closer to the check in date.

Extra Holidays will allow you to get around the current blocked out time periods
I'm not 100% sure of that. In the first few months of the policy, folks at TUG didn't find inventory on EH that overlapped with the restricted periods. An owner who tried to give EH a week (at another resort) that included a restriction had the submission rejected because of the restrictions.

It might have changed, but if it did it might change again.

Just called WBC to let them know we have a late arrival. The same person who I spoke with last time answered again. Another great experience on the phone with her. Her name is Bailey.

Last edited:
We'll be staying at WBC for the first time in a couple of months. We won't have a rental car and relying on Lyft, so we are interested in grocery delivery. Has anyone had any experience with grocery delivery at WBC? I know our approximate time of arrival but with potential flight/traffic delays, there is no guarantee we'll be on property at whatever time I schedule. For what it's worth, we will be arriving several days late into the existing reservation (official check-in date is on Sunday but we won't arrive until Wednesday).

We'll be staying at WBC for the first time in a couple of months. We won't have a rental car and relying on Lyft, so we are interested in grocery delivery. Has anyone had any experience with grocery delivery at WBC? I know our approximate time of arrival but with potential flight/traffic delays, there is no guarantee we'll be on property at whatever time I schedule. For what it's worth, we will be arriving several days late into the existing reservation (official check-in date is on Sunday but we won't arrive until Wednesday).

I have always checked in and then ordered my groceries from Publix. It doesn't take long at all for someone to pick up my order, shop it and deliver it. I check in, bring all my bags in, order groceries, order pizza and then unpack while I am waiting for both pizza and the groceries. I've never had an issue with this. Perhaps you can order it when you get there instead of ordering ahead?

Checked in yesterday. Really enjoying this place. We are on the 3rd floor of T1. We are supposed to have a lake view but we have a dang tree in the way. Oh well. When we checked in late last night, I was the only one in the lobby. So as soon as I got my room keys I got grabbed and taken over to the sales desk to get my bracelets. Knowing what was coming, I gave the person 5 minutes. After 5 minutes I told him I was not interested. Told him I knew why I had to come over to get my bracelets and that I would not be doing any timeshare sales meeting no matter what. After that it looked like I had shot his dog. Kind of gave me a “oh okay” and then just handed over the bracelets. Everything has been great. Room is nice and they have been very responsive whenever we texted the front desk for extra towels or coffee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter