• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

I’m currently booked November 26th in a 3 bedroom, and didn’t get any notification of the pool being closed, I’m also not seeing it on their website. Am I missing something?

I’m currently booked November 26th in a 3 bedroom, and didn’t get any notification of the pool being closed, I’m also not seeing it on their website. Am I missing something?
It is in the link from post #6,721 under the Helpful Hints section. You need to click the + sign and expand.

I'm thinking the same thing. But trying to navigate the ins and outs of Wyndham's program seems daunting. I'm part of a Facebook group for owners and renters and it all seems very complicated.

I just want 1 or 2 weeks or partial weeks at WBC in off times (May and October/November). This was easy to do renting from an owner but this new restriction really puts a damper on planning.

Luckily I'm looking for 4 nights in early November that isn't restricted. For now.
We purchased resale…. Bought a few different smaller contracts for really next to no money, each around 175,000 points and we bought into club wyndham access…. We have just under 600,000 points and we paid maybe 2-3k for all of it.. It’s easy to navigate, we have used it all over the east coast so far and love all the accommodations, and we are also DVC members for the last 16 years, so our expectations are high and wyndham doesn’t disappoint.

I bought my first smallish wyndham deed 15 years ago---the resale market was a little more expensive then than it is now but not much. I've added a few extra converted Hawaii weeks---during COVID Wyndham offered to convert weeks for free---and now have almost 840K points.

We've stayed in a number of Wyndham resorts: Bonnet Creek, Smoky Mountain, Old Town Alexandria (VA), Wisconsin Tamarack, Kauai Beach Villas, and Belle Maison (NOLA). All have been great. We originally bought for Bonnet Creek and have since stayed at WBC along with several different DVC resorts many times. Bonnet is a fantastic alternative to DVC, and the vacation experience is comparable to a stay at SSR or OKW with some things I like better at one, others at the other. But, it's significantly less expensive to buy and to own. You can buy a Club Wyndham Access deed large enough for a prime week at WBC resale, for $2K or less. The annual cost for that 2BR week in fees would be about $1,600. That's barely enough for a single Value room in peak seasons at WDW. The annual dues on a 2BR at SSR would be $2,125, and you'd have to shell out close to $30K to buy it, minimum.

Better still, the CWA deed has higher annual expenses than some other deeds you can find if you are patient. My average cost for that week is more like $1250. Try to find a Value WDW room---even at a discount---during Spring Break season for that.

I've found the system easy to use and there needn't be extra costs, especially if you use it the way it was designed: booking vacations for yourself, planned in advance, staying for most or all of a week at a time.

Last edited:
I bought my first smallish wyndham deed 15 years ago---the resale market was a little more expensive then than it is now but not much. I've added a few extra converted Hawaii weeks---during COVID Wyndham offered to convert weeks for free---and now have almost 840K points.

We've stayed in a number of Wyndham resorts: Bonnet Creek, Smoky Mountain, Old Town Alexandria (VA), Wisconsin Tamarack, Kauai Beach Villas, and Belle Maison (NOLA). All have been great. We originally bought for Bonnet Creek and have since stayed at WBC along with several different DVC resorts many times. Bonnet is a fantastic alternative to DVC, and the vacation experience is comparable to a stay at SSR or OKW with some things I like better at one, others at the other. But, it's significantly less expensive to buy and to own. You can buy a Club Wyndham Access deed large enough for a prime week at WBC resale, for $2K or less. The annual cost for that 2BR week in fees would be about $1,600. That's barely enough for a single Value room in peak seasons at WDW. The annual dues on a 2BR at SSR would be $2,125, and you'd have to shell out close to $30K to buy it, minimum.

Better still, the CWA deed has higher annual expenses than some other deeds you can find if you are patient. My average cost for that week is more like $1250. Try to find a Value WDW room---even at a discount---during Spring Break season for that.

I've found the system easy to use and there needn't be extra costs, especially if you use it the way it was designed: booking vacations for yourself, planned in advance, staying for most or all of a week at a time.
That’s awesome Brian! And yes we bought because of WBC as well but we’re pleasantly surprised with 2 resorts in Myrtle beach, pompano beach, national harbor and even Atlantic City! With the new renovations at SSR, that is still my favorite value because of the proximity to Disney springs (we are nightly springs people even if we stay at WBC). And my kids love the slides and pools there and they don’t restrict on height nor care if they wear a life vest (it’s the small things for my kids who are 4 and 6). Bonnet is great with the new renovations as well and for the money it can’t be beat!

I bought a 308K point even year contract off Ebay a year ago, and will be making my first stay as an owner in March. Less than $1000 all in (plus maintenance fees) purchased me a 3 bedroom condo during Spring Break every two years. I cannot wait.

If you book a presidential two bedroom and are staying in building 6, can you use the reserve lounge on the top floor? Is that lounge only for owners? Also, if you book presidential does that help you avoid a dumpster view? Do you have a better chance of a lake view with a presidential or a deluxe?

Last edited:
We have owned Marriott and Vistana timeshare for many years and have started to consider Club Wyndham. I am still not sold on it though. We are currently at Ocean Walk and while nice, it isn't the same standard as Marriott or Vistana. This is our fourth Wyndham timeshare stay and so far and the only resort I would really be drawn back to would be Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek. We are pretty flexible and can often travel weekdays. Is renting still the way to go?

We own resale Wyndham points and DVC points. We are former Marriott owners. We have really enjoyed stays at Wyndham’s Bonnet Creek Resort, Wyndham Great Smokies Lodge, Wyndham Waikiki Beachwalk, and Wyndham Panama City. All four of those resorts were comparable to Marriott and DVC quality in my opinion. I want to try Wyndham’s Beach Street Cottages in Destin, Florida, one of these days.

it isn't the same standard as Marriott or Vistana.
No, generally it isn't. But, Wyndham also generally imposes lower fees than those two. If you really need a Marriott-level experience, most (but not all) Wyndham resorts won't get you there. On the other hand, if those differences aren't quite as important, Wyndham can save you some scratch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter