• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Does anyone have recommendations for favorite places to pick up to-go dinner? Bonus points if it is easy to get to driving from Magic Kingdom to WBC. I know this sounds dumb, but we don't really have Uber Eats or Door Dash where I live, so I"m not 100% sure how to check and see what is available to get delivered. Our arrival day, we're going to be hitting Magic Kingdom for a half day and would like to just pick up dinner on our way to WBC (we will have a rental car). Thank you!

Does anyone have recommendations for favorite places to pick up to-go dinner? Bonus points if it is easy to get to driving from Magic Kingdom to WBC. I know this sounds dumb, but we don't really have Uber Eats or Door Dash where I live, so I"m not 100% sure how to check and see what is available to get delivered. Our arrival day, we're going to be hitting Magic Kingdom for a half day and would like to just pick up dinner on our way to WBC (we will have a rental car). Thank you!

I am not sure that there is much between those two destinations other than resort restaurants. I would suggest getting food delivered from Flipper's Pizza. We have never found the wait to be terrible and you can just call and place your order instead of using a delivery service since.

Are you planning on stocking up on groceries? Our go-to "takeout" on our first day is usually sub sammies from the Publix deli when we do our grocery stop for the week. We usually hit the Celebration (Water Tower Plaza) Publix, not very far from WBC.

Yeah, there isn’t anyplace to pickup take out in between MK and WBC except for Disney food courts and you can’t call ahead to order. Using Uber Eats is pretty intuitive, it’ll show you what’s available and how long it will take.
You could get McDonalds over by Coronado Springs. If you venture off Disney property there are many options off Hotel Blvd, we like to get Chik-fil-a or Bahama Breeze sometimes. We haven’t been since Goodings Shopping center was closed so not sure where all those restaurants relocated to.

There are several restaurants at the Club Wyndham BC Resort that are located around the lake. 2 of them are around buildings 4,5 and 6. You could get something to go from them. There's also a sandwich shop with ice cream near the main building although it may be seasonal.

You can also have pizza and a few pasta entrees delivered to your unit from the on-site pizza place. That's probably your least expensive option. There are also several restaurants in the Wyndham hotel.

To me any of those options sound easier than trying to find any place between MK and WBC. Your only options are McDonalds and Disney Springs restaurants.

Are you planning on stocking up on groceries? Our go-to "takeout" on our first day is usually sub sammies from the Publix deli when we do our grocery stop for the week. We usually hit the Celebration (Water Tower Plaza) Publix, not very far from WBC.

We are planning

We are going to be ordering groceries from Publix through Instacart. Ordering subs is a great suggestion--thank you! I saw where you can do this in the app.

Yeah, there isn’t anyplace to pickup take out in between MK and WBC except for Disney food courts and you can’t call ahead to order. Using Uber Eats is pretty intuitive, it’ll show you what’s available and how long it will take.
You could get McDonalds over by Coronado Springs. If you venture off Disney property there are many options off Hotel Blvd, we like to get Chik-fil-a or Bahama Breeze sometimes. We haven’t been since Goodings Shopping center was closed so not sure where all those restaurants relocated to.

Chik-Fil-A is good to know about--one of my son's favorites, and can be relatively healthy. Thank you!

There are several restaurants at the Club Wyndham BC Resort that are located around the lake. 2 of them are around buildings 4,5 and 6. You could get something to go from them. There's also a sandwich shop with ice cream near the main building although it may be seasonal.

You can also have pizza and a few pasta entrees delivered to your unit from the on-site pizza place. That's probably your least expensive option. There are also several restaurants in the Wyndham hotel.

To me any of those options sound easier than trying to find any place between MK and WBC. Your only options are McDonalds and Disney Springs restaurants.

I always forget about on-property options, so I appreciate the reminder! :) Thank you!

Has anyone been successful in getting upgraded to a larger room? We have a 2 bedroom booked using our Wyndham points. We have a few people traveling with us so it would be nice to have a 3rd bedroom. Just wondering if there is a process for this. Thanks!

If we wanted to have a pool day after we check out, are there showers we can use before leaving for our flight? if so, where are they located? Thanks

If we wanted to have a pool day after we check out, are there showers we can use before leaving for our flight? if so, where are they located? Thanks
There are showers and changing rooms in Tower 6 near the pirate-themed pool. There may be another location in the main check-in building, but I am not 100% on that.

Has anyone been successful in getting upgraded to a larger room? We have a 2 bedroom booked using our Wyndham points. We have a few people traveling with us so it would be nice to have a 3rd bedroom. Just wondering if there is a process for this. Thanks!
I would say incredibly slim. This is a popular timeshare resort, so owners have the bulk of the reservations.
I have stayed there more than. 30 times and never been upgraded. This is even in times when the resort wasn't as busy as it is now.
If you booked through Wyndham, I would contact them to see if they have availability and if you can upgrade. The 3-bedroom units are relatively rare. Most of the resort is 2-bedrooms units.

I believe that is a Wyndham VIP Owner perk at a certain level, you might get better feedback if you post on the TUG boards under the Wyndham section. But if you're a regular old standard Wyndham owner (like I am) my guess would be that an upgrade potential would be slim to none, have you looked at the availability to see if there happens to be 3BR available during your time frame?

We are Wyndham resale owners and we have been upgraded from a one bedroom to a two bedroom at checkin. But it probably happened because they have more two bedrooms than one bedrooms. Although they did tell me “thanks for being a Wyndham owner.”

Do you have to get the wristbands? I don’t want to even hear the time sales pitch intro. Would like to completely avoid.
We’ve gotten the bands the last few times. They’re nice to have for the food discounts and stuff. We’ve never been pressed or even asked to attend anything when we’ve picked up bands.

Do you have to get the wristbands? I don’t want to even hear the time sales pitch intro. Would like to completely avoid.
The wrist bands double as room keys and and the entrance gate key. They also claim you need them to be worn on property and in the pools, but I’ve never seen security ask anyone not wearing one.

I don’t believe you really need them. They also give the traditional key cards at checkin so you can use those to access your rooms.

We are planning to have groceries delivered on our arrival day. Which delivery services have you all had the best luck with? I am hoping I can also order alcohol?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter