The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

We are at Club Wyndham right now and had a stressful experience on our arrival day. I had placed a large order with Amazon (Whole Foods) and our flight was delayed by about three hours so we were not present to accept the order when it was delivered. Last year when we stayed here Bell Services was perfectly happy to accept and store grocery orders when we were not present, but (unbeknownst to me) they have now changed their policy and no longer do this. So the Amazon delivery person texted me to say the hotel would not accept the order, and I called Club Wyndham, spoke to the bell desk and begged them to make an exception and accept it for me, but they flat-out refused, so the order had to go back to Whole Foods (fortunately Amazon gave me a full refund). So I can certainly recommend Amazon Whole Foods, with the caveat that you really have to be there to accept the order.

Can you order beer/wine from Amazon if you are there to get it?
They offer both beer and wine on the website so as long as you are over 21, with ID, and there to accept the order, should not be a problem. If you add the Club Wyndham address to your Amazon account, then select it as the delivery location, you will be able to browse the Whole Foods section and see what is available for delivery here.

The last time In stayed at BC in November 2021 you had to provide your own floats/ring for the Lazy River at Bldg 5. They had a hose where you could fill up your own floats at the little hut that sells sunscreen and ice cream.

Does anyone know if the hose is till available to fill up your own floats?

I was able to use a float that had a seat that did not violate the size restrictions but I sure don't want to blow them up myself!

I'm heading back in May and would like to use my float instead of performing the gymnastics to get comfortable in the rings they provide but only if I don't have to blow up my own float!

We are at Club Wyndham right now and had a stressful experience on our arrival day. I had placed a large order with Amazon (Whole Foods) and our flight was delayed by about three hours so we were not present to accept the order when it was delivered. Last year when we stayed here Bell Services was perfectly happy to accept and store grocery orders when we were not present, but (unbeknownst to me) they have now changed their policy and no longer do this. So the Amazon delivery person texted me to say the hotel would not accept the order, and I called Club Wyndham, spoke to the bell desk and begged them to make an exception and accept it for me, but they flat-out refused, so the order had to go back to Whole Foods (fortunately Amazon gave me a full refund). So I can certainly recommend Amazon Whole Foods, with the caveat that you really have to be there to accept the order.
I thought it has been a couple years since Bell services was able to store groceries. Grocery delivery is a pain now that they can't store them. Honestly, its easier to just run down to the Publix in Celebration. Its on exit 65. Not even 10 minutes away.

The last time In stayed at BC in November 2021 you had to provide your own floats/ring for the Lazy River at Bldg 5. They had a hose where you could fill up your own floats at the little hut that sells sunscreen and ice cream.

Does anyone know if the hose is till available to fill up your own floats?

I was able to use a float that had a seat that did not violate the size restrictions but I sure don't want to blow them up myself!

I'm heading back in May and would like to use my float instead of performing the gymnastics to get comfortable in the rings they provide but only if I don't have to blow up my own float!

We were there in January, and I didn't see anywhere to fill up your own floats. They don't man the little cabana tents any longer by the pools either to hand out towels. You have to go to the front desk area to get pool towels. We ended up just taking bath towels from the room down and using those.

Last edited:
Last year when we stayed here Bell Services was perfectly happy to accept and store grocery orders when we were not present, but (unbeknownst to me) they have now changed their policy and no longer do this.

We've decided to go the "order ahead from Instacart / Publix and Uber down to pick it up" route. Even scored some nice discounted Instacart gift cards. I don't want to be clock-watching on the flight down and have something like this happen. :(

I thought it has been a couple years since Bell services was able to store groceries. Grocery delivery is a pain now that they can't store them. Honestly, its easier to just run down to the Publix in Celebration. Its on exit 65. Not even 10 minutes away.
i really don’t want to be going to a supermarket on vacation. Given the amount of time spent away from the room on a Disney trip, it is a MAJOR inconvenience not to be able to place an order for milk or fruit or whatever we need, without worrying about if we will be present when it is delivered, and grab it at the bell desk on our return (or have it sent to our room). Because this is now impossible at Club Wyndham, this will very likely be our final visit here.

i really don’t want to be going to a supermarket on vacation. Given the amount of time spent away from the room on a Disney trip, it is a MAJOR inconvenience not to be able to place an order for milk or fruit or whatever we need, without worrying about if we will be present when it is delivered, and grab it at the bell desk on our return (or have it sent to our room). Because this is now impossible at Club Wyndham, this will very likely be our final visit here.

I get it. But Publix will deliver to your car. Roll into the parking lot and roll out and be back in the room in less than 30 minutes. But if that doesn’t work for you then, yeah, WBC may not be for you.

We are planning to have groceries delivered on our arrival day. Which delivery services have you all had the best luck with? I am hoping I can also order alcohol?
How does grocery delivery work at this resort? Do you have to meet the person in the lobby, or can they actually drop stuff off somewhere?

Can the delivery meet you at the tower lobby you’re staying in or do you have to meet them in main lobby?

I'm curious how many are still going to go ahead with a reservation on one of the blackout dates that are now in place? I have interest but trying to gauge the risk

I'm curious how many are still going to go ahead with a reservation on one of the blackout dates that are now in place? I have interest but trying to gauge the risk
I’m still unclear on what the rules are. Can an owner use a GC for a guest during a blackout date even if the owner is not present? I need to check Tugbbs.

I’m still unclear on what the rules are. Can an owner use a GC for a guest during a blackout date even if the owner is not present? I need to check Tugbbs.

I found this video helpful:

But, the only one I've seen for when I was looking (late May/early June) on Redweek looks like payment was only accepted via bank account, check, or money order. Obviously, nobody wants to get screwed with a cancellation last minute and I much prefer the idea of paying with CC for purchase protection

Yes, up to a limit of two per year during the blackout dates.
Excellent. I wonder if the Wyndham system is smart enough to check if an owner has used all of his allotments of GCs before the owner is allowed to book additional ones. For example, say an owner used two of them for the year, but then tried to book a third in the same year during a blackout. Would the system catch it before allowing him to book? I'd hate to be a guest, travel to the resort, and then come check-in, front desk tells me "Nope, he used all his GC already."

Excellent. I wonder if the Wyndham system is smart enough to check if an owner has used all of his allotments of GCs before the owner is allowed to book additional ones. For example, say an owner used two of them for the year, but then tried to book a third in the same year during a blackout. Would the system catch it before allowing him to book? I'd hate to be a guest, travel to the resort, and then come check-in, front desk tells me "Nope, he used all his GC already."
From what I understand, they can't add the guest to the booking. Or if they do, the booking gets cancelled. I could be wrong on those mechanics though.

From what I understand, they can't add the guest to the booking. Or if they do, the booking gets cancelled. I could be wrong on those mechanics though.
This is right. The system will try to draw from their annual allotment of 2 guest certs during block out dates and the request for a 3rd in the year will trigger a reservation cancellation. So, the owner needs to be aware of how many guest certs have already been obtained for reservations during block out dates when the owner was NOT also staying in another unit with an overlapping reservation. I'm not sure whether the points managers have access to that information independently from what an owner tells them. To me, this is a high stakes question. So during block out dates, I would only rent from someone I know and trust. YMMV.

We will be going in December 14-23 we have a 2 bedroom deluxe. Anyone else planning for December??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter