The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

I have used VacationStrategy numerous times and have been very happy with them. Now, with the new Owner restriction dates what is the best way to go about finding a rental? Any good communities for finding owners?

I have used VacationStrategy numerous times and have been very happy with them. Now, with the new Owner restriction dates what is the best way to go about finding a rental? Any good communities for finding owners?
Vacation Strategy is still doing rentals, if you are happy with them, why not reach out? There are more challenges for big renters these days, but they are still going.

Other resources for finding rentals include ebay, redweek, tugbbs and go-koala

While there are more rules for owners renting WBC, it doesn't mean they can't do it. There are just limitations on how much they can rent and how they go about it.

Had anyone used Expedia to book WBC? They have several listings for our dates in August but I am concerned as it falls in the blackout period and I don't know how they are securing the reservation for non owners. The listing agent is Resort Rental Pros and states listing is provided by Vrbo, part of Expedia Group.

Vacation Strategy is still doing rentals, if you are happy with them, why not reach out? There are more challenges for big renters these days, but they are still going.

Other resources for finding rentals include ebay, redweek, tugbbs and go-koala

While there are more rules for owners renting WBC, it doesn't mean they can't do it. There are just limitations on how much they can rent and how they go about it.
Thank you for those options! I have had great experiences with VS and will continue to work with them in the future, it just so happens that they are not offering rentals during the week that we are looking for because of the new restrictions (or that was the response to my request with them anyway).

We love working with Vacation Strategy, and have booked another trip with them for this summer. They're working around some of the restrictions with WBC by snatching up a good number of RCI exchange weeks at Saratoga Springs. We were able to grab one of those bookings for June, at $1,700 for a one bedroom DVC unit. I'm happy to continue giving them my business, even if I can't stay at WBC.

We love working with Vacation Strategy, and have booked another trip with them for this summer. They're working around some of the restrictions with WBC by snatching up a good number of RCI exchange weeks at Saratoga Springs. We were able to grab one of those bookings for June, at $1,700 for a one bedroom DVC unit. I'm happy to continue giving them my business, even if I can't stay at WBC.
So instead of breaking Club Wyndham rules, they opt instead to violate the terms and conditions of RCI. That will however dry up for them with RCI because DVC has moved on to Interval International and RCI probably won't see any new DVC deposits after 2023.

Hopefully neither RCI nor DVC will discover that an RCI exchange has been rented out. That’s against RCI regulations, and the reservation can be cancelled without recourse if they do find out. Good luck, and have fun!

Hopefully neither RCI nor DVC will discover that an RCI exchange has been rented out. That’s against RCI regulations, and the reservation can be cancelled without recourse if they do find out. Good luck, and have fun!
I think the chances are low. People see these listed all the time on eBay and Redweek. They know they are an RCI rental because they list the mandatory $190 fee due at checkin. RCI doesn't enforce the rule about commercial renting of exchanges. Interval International has been known to enforce this rule for their members. So we may see less of it once DVC is completely out of II.

I am concerned as it falls in the blackout period and I don't know how they are securing the reservation for non owners.
Ask the owner. Any owner who knows what they are doing should be able to explain to you how their rental is within the boundaries of what is allowed.

Anyone have any experience with how to do grocery delivery to this hotel? I'm assuming there's no Bell Services to hold your groceries for you and you have to meet them? If using instacart or something like that, how do facilitate that? What do you put in for the delivery address / etc.? Thanks in advance!
Just bumping this question to see if anyone knows, we are leaving for this hotel in two weeks. Trying to figure out what I would put in as delivery address for instacart. Is this even possible?

Just bumping this question to see if anyone knows, we are leaving for this hotel in two weeks. Trying to figure out what I would put in as delivery address for instacart. Is this even possible?

I would call them to be sure, but I think it is possible. I just called WBC yesterday to ask about grocery storage because we've done it in the past, but pre-covid so I wanted to be sure they'd still hold perishables for us. She started answering about grocery delivery, saying something about needing to be there...but I stopped her since I was asking about just our own grocery shopping prior to our room being ready. (No trip is complete for me without a stop at Publix!) She assured me that bell services has a big fridge and can hold our groceries like before :) Like I said, though, I'd call to be sure about the procedures and address they recommend for delivery.

Last edited:
I ordered from Walmart for delivery last June and we arrive tomorrow so i have another delivery set up :) Address is 9560 Via Encinas, Orlando, 32830. I put in Memo: Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Main Bldg Entrance. Please text with updates. If your room is not ready, they will put it all on a rolling cart and store it in their walk in cooler. Done this at least 3 times!

So they happened to put us in tower 6, and there is clearly still external work to be done, but I can’t comment on noise yet, as we got in late last night. There is also a fence up between the work area and the pirate pool, taking up some of the pool deck, but doesn’t seem like a big deal.
Was the tower 6 lazy river open though?

Contemplating booking our first non-Disney stay!
A couple of questions:

1 - We have a 2yo who will sleep in either a full sized crib (rental) or an inflatable mattress that measures 3' x 6'. The jacuzzi looks like it eats up a large amount of the bedroom. Would either of these fit in the bedroom of a Deluxe 1 bedroom?

2 - I got an amazing price from Koala, any feedback with them? I've never heard of them before.

3 - I read that there is a clause in Florida law that essentially states if a paid car service (Uber/Lyft among others) is used, a car seat is not required for a child. Anyone heard this before or followed this?

4 - Is there any tower that's best for quick and easy parking?

A couple of questions:

1 - We have a 2yo who will sleep in either a full sized crib (rental) or an inflatable mattress that measures 3' x 6'. The jacuzzi looks like it eats up a large amount of the bedroom. Would either of these fit in the bedroom of a Deluxe 1 bedroom?

2 - I got an amazing price from Koala, any feedback with them? I've never heard of them before.

3 - I read that there is a clause in Florida law that essentially states if a paid car service (Uber/Lyft among others) is used, a car seat is not required for a child. Anyone heard this before or followed this?

1 - I can't speak to cribs or inflatable mattress fitting into the room.

2 - Koala is fine. They list rentals from timeshare owners. They keep the transaction secure and the owner isn't paid until after you checkin. So if there are issues, you can raise them with Koala. We have rented through them on four occasions and everything worked out fine. They validate all of the reservations.

3 - This law looks like it only protects the Uber/Lyft driver from fines and prosecution in the event a child doesn't have a proper car seat or restraints. Parents of the children are still required to abide by the law. So plan to have a car seat. Rideshare drivers can decline rides for those that don't have proper car seats or restraints for their children.

4 - There is parking directly outside of every building.

A couple of questions:

You can request a Lyft or Lyft XL with a car seat. We used that service frequently.

You can request a Lyft or Lyft XL with a car seat. We used that service frequently.
That's what I would do if we go that route but nervous a car seat won't be available and we'll be stuck. I've been playing with the Uber app (Lyft doesn't have car seats currently) and there have been times no car seat vehicle was available.

That's what I would do if we go that route but nervous a car seat won't be available and we'll be stuck. I've been playing with the Uber app (Lyft doesn't have car seats currently) and there have been times no car seat vehicle was available.
3 - This law looks like it only protects the Uber/Lyft driver from fines and prosecution in the event a child doesn't have a proper car seat or restraints. Parents of the children are still required to abide by the law. So plan to have a car seat. Rideshare drivers can decline rides for those that don't have proper car seats or restraints for their children.

This is incorrect.

Paid rideshare service has different child restraint provisions in Florida. They are not required to provide or demand a child be in a restraint. It’s a parental choice, not a requirement due to the method of transportation, so if you want that then be absolutely sure they’ll provide it.

This is incorrect.

Paid rideshare service has different child restraint provisions in Florida. They are not required to provide or demand a child be in a restraint. It’s a parental choice, not a requirement due to the method of transportation, so if you want that then be absolutely sure they’ll provide it.
I'm familiar with NYC taxis where the same applies regarding car seats not being mandatory.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter