The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Will I have an issues checking in super late? We’re checking in on our MK day so may not make it to WBC until nearly midnight (if the kiddos make it that long at the park).

Would it make sense for me to call ahead or go by the day before to give them all our info/registration stuff or am I overthinking this? I also could run over there on our afternoon break, but would prefer to actually take a break at that time vs. running around to do the check-in…

We’ll have a car, so transport and luggage storage are not issues, but I would prefer not to deal with a lengthy check-in with exhausted kids or be given a subpar room if it can be avoided.

Also - any buildings/areas recommended? We have a 2BR (non-presidential) and I assume will be spending a lot of time at the pools, etc. I would prefer not to have soley a parking lot view or be immediately next to the trash area, etc.

Will I have an issues checking in super late? We’re checking in on our MK day so may not make it to WBC until nearly midnight (if the kiddos make it that long at the park).

Would it make sense for me to call ahead or go by the day before to give them all our info/registration stuff or am I overthinking this? I also could run over there on our afternoon break, but would prefer to actually take a break at that time vs. running around to do the check-in…

We’ll have a car, so transport and luggage storage are not issues, but I would prefer not to deal with a lengthy check-in with exhausted kids or be given a subpar room if it can be avoided.

Also - any buildings/areas recommended? We have a 2BR (non-presidential) and I assume will be spending a lot of time at the pools, etc. I would prefer not to have soley a parking lot view or be immediately next to the trash area, etc.
This is a 24/7 resort with thousands of rooms and guests, you can check in any time. The front desk is always staffed.

The check-in will not take long. No longer than any standard hotel stay. I suppose there is the chance that 20 people all show up at once and there is a line, but that is highly unlikely.

The timeshare people who try to talk you into coming to a presentation will likely be long gone, which will also save you a few minutes.

There are more 2BRs than any other room type, so they are in all the towers and everywhere. There are pools all over the resort, so nothing is far. Towers 4, 5 and 6 have good pool positioning. You can request an upper floor. You can always request, but nothing is guaranteed.

After you check-in, you will have to drive to the tower you are staying in. When you arrive late, be aware that there is a chance you may have to hunt a bit for a parking space. I would suggest dropping off your party at the tower you are assigned, then going to park.

I'm considering booking a stay here for my parents but I'm a little worried about the timeshare people. How aggressively do they pursue guests to attend a presentation? Will they be a nuisance throughout the trip with my parents having to dodge them for the duration of the stay?

I'm considering booking a stay here for my parents but I'm a little worried about the timeshare people. How aggressively do they pursue guests to attend a presentation? Will they be a nuisance throughout the trip with my parents having to dodge them for the duration of the stay?
They will likely only ask you at checkin when you go to get your wristbands. After that you are unlikely to see them again.

I booked two 2-bedroom units at Bonnet Creek and one of the families can no longer come. I cannot cancel it so any suggestions on how I can rent out the second unit - Dates are Aug 27 to Sep 3 or what options I have? This was through RCI.

I booked two 2-bedroom units at Bonnet Creek and one of the families can no longer come. I cannot cancel it so any suggestions on how I can rent out the second unit - Dates are ___or what options I have? This was through RCI.
This is against the RCI & Club Wyndham terms of service. Even if you might be able to pull it off (depending on who you put as the lead guest for the second reservation), you'd run the risk of having reservations cancelled. I wouldn't do it, especially since you'd be risking the person you are renting to not having a reservation. You should probably also edit the dates out of your post.

I booked two 2-bedroom units at Bonnet Creek and one of the families can no longer come. I cannot cancel it so any suggestions on how I can rent out the second unit - Dates are Aug 27 to Sep 3 or what options I have? This was through RCI.
The person you rented from would have to change the name on the 2nd reservation. That costs an additional $99. I would approach whoever you rented from and ask what the procedure would be. I am actually looking for those dates so pm me and let me know what the cost would be.

The person you rented from would have to change the name on the 2nd reservation. That costs an additional $99. I would approach whoever you rented from and ask what the procedure would be. I am actually looking for those dates so pm me and let me know what the cost would be.
He didn't rent. He said this was an RCI exchange. Trying to do this is very risky for both of you. You could end up showing up with all your reservations cancelled. I strongly advise you not to do this.

Was it RCI points or TPU? Can you still buy points/TPU protection? If so, you could at least get your points or TPU back. For a fee and you wouldn't get the exchange fee back. As for renting, that isn't a great option as it is a violation of the terms and conditions.

This should also be a lesson, if someone is planning to travel with you and you plan to charge them for the accomodations, you need to get money upfront so they have "skin in the game". Then if they cancel, they are out their own money and not yours. If they weren't going to be paying you for the unit, then you aren't really any further behind by just letting the unit sit empty.

Last edited:
I second the points/trade power protection. I've used it in similar circumstances. It's about $130-140 or so, but depending on how many points/how much trade power you used, it is often a good value.

I second (or, at this point, maybe fifth) the "do not rent this out" advice. I particularly second that advice if by any chance your screen name is close to your actual identity.

We have 7 nights in a 2 BR (rented), if we add a night or 2 pre-stay via Wyndham directly would we get to keep the same room? Is there any way to link a cash reservation to a rental?

You may be able to stay in the same room, but it will not be guaranteed. Bonnet generally does not take location requests prior to arrival, but this might be worth calling about. I'd also ask when I checked in to the first stay.

If I am most interested in a lake view, higher floor - and can book either a 2 bedroom deluxe (thinking there is more of them) or a 1 bedroom Presidential - which would you think would be the better gamble? I realize I can communicate my preference at check in only.

I am not an owner. They are priced the same.
We are going first week of Dec. - just 2 adults.

Last edited:
We stayed in the 1 bedroom presidential and they are on the higher floors in tower 6. It was lovely. We had the conservation view not lake and were able to watch fireworks from MK and Epcot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter