The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

First Timers at WBC - family of 4 with kiddos!

Hello All! First off, thank you ahead of time - this site is a little confusing to me, but I've managed to read to some recent threads and have had some great insight. I'm posting to see if people would be willing to give general advice for first time family of 4 (me, hubs, 3yo son, 6yo daughter) staying at Bonnet Creek on our FIRST TRIP TO WDW! Some specific questions I have to start off are:

1. Any recs on where to instacart groceries from? I hear there may be a Publix near by? We don't have those in TX so aren't familiar. We would ideally like to have them delivered shortly before or close to when we arrive onsite our first day. What are logistics with that? Do they come directly to the room? Front desk?
2. Any recs on which tower to ask for? We have a (non-presidential) standard 2-bedroom. Of course we have kids so the fireworks view is tempting, but I personally like the idea of requesting a lake view just for overall aesthetics. I also know we will be wanting to head out to parks pretty early so walkability and closeness to our car (we are renting one) would also be kinda nice.

Thanks again!

Here’s some local retail chains from the check-in paperwork we received on our last trip in 2021.

1690725257020.png

Last edited:
If you’re doing instacart delivery I’d recommend publix over walmart, since distance doesn’t really matter since you’re not picking it up. Publix has better qualify produce/fruit/fresh food, etc., IMO.

Sorry if these have been asked recently, it I want to be sure to have current info - we’re going in 2 weeks (so excited!)

1. Will they replenish coffee filters, coffee, and laundry/dishwasher detergent on request or should we bring our own? If we need to bring our own - what type or coffee filters?
2. They are currently providing tubes for the lazy river, correct? Any reason we would need to bring our own tubes (e.g. do people use their own in the other pools?)
3. Any suggestions for getting to Aquatica and universal? Our family is likely going to split up one day between these two parks - trying to determine which is easier to get to for the group that won’t have the car. I’m open to uber/Lyft, just curious if there are other options/shuttles?
4. Anything else we should know? Our girls are 5, 9, and 12, and we’re planning a good bit of resort/free time so we can enjoy the resort or other things in the area.

Hello- I just booked a 3 bedroom suite for my nieces 16th bday in December- SO excited. I have never stayed at Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek- I'm curious about the shuttle service to/from the parks and I would love any info about how those work, we would really like to not have to rent a car if possible.

Hello- I just booked a 3 bedroom suite for my nieces 16th bday in December- SO excited. I have never stayed at Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek- I'm curious about the shuttle service to/from the parks and I would love any info about how those work, we would really like to not have to rent a car if possible.
I think you’re much better off using rideshare. The shuttle is very restrictive timing wise and is not free.

Definitely easier to just take an Uber or Lyft

Other than the Club Wyndham website, is there any other place we can book? We are wanting to extend to an extra day and they are saying it is all booked up and there is nothing they can do. I've got to think since we already have a reservation they could work with us but they aren't budging. Thanks for any guidance! We are looking to book Oct 10 - 16th but the reservation is October 11 - 16th.

Other than the Club Wyndham website, is there any other place we can book? We are wanting to extend to an extra day and they are saying it is all booked up and there is nothing they can do. I've got to think since we already have a reservation they could work with us but they aren't budging. Thanks for any guidance! We are looking to book Oct 10 - 16th but the reservation is October 11 - 16th.
https://www.extraholidays.com/is the official wyndham timeshare rental wing, but i don’t know if you can get a single night there.

Extra Holidays is showing that day as unavailable so, assuming the booking was through extraholidays (since that’s what happens if you try to book through wyndham, you get redirected there), then it is probably accurate that they don’t have the room available. That is Columbus Day week, a very popular time to travel to a Walt Disney World area resort, and it’s less than 60 days away.

I am assuming they did not book as Wyndham owners, but instead rented the reservation from somewhere. If they rented from an individual owner, they may be able to get the owner to modify the reservation to check in a day early (assuming the owner has the points to do it). If they rented from Extra Holidays/directly from Wyndham, they would need Extra Holidays to have the night in inventory.

Because this is a timeshare, and owned by the individual owners, Extra Holidays (aka Wyndham) can't just pull a night out of inventory and rent it--it needs to be supplied by some owner first.

However, on that note: Extra Holidays usually has a very liberal cancellation policy. Assuming you need a regular 1BR or 2BR (not presidential and not a larger unit) it might be worth canceling and booking it through someone else willing to rent the stay. That someone else will probably have a no-refunds policy, so make sure you are definitely going/willing to eat the loss if you can't.

However, on that note: Extra Holidays usually has a very liberal cancellation policy. Assuming you need a regular 1BR or 2BR (not presidential and not a larger unit) it might be worth canceling and booking it through someone else willing to rent the stay. That someone else will probably have a no-refunds policy, so make sure you are definitely going/willing to eat the loss if you can't.
Yeah, this is the winning answer, I think, since those dates are still available. I’d first try to rent through the third party though, before cancelling the EH reservation, that way the person doesn’t run the risk of having nothing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter