The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Other than the Club Wyndham website, is there any other place we can book? We are wanting to extend to an extra day and they are saying it is all booked up and there is nothing they can do. I've got to think since we already have a reservation they could work with us but they aren't budging. Thanks for any guidance! We are looking to book Oct 10 - 16th but the reservation is October 11 - 16th.
Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek shows up on various hotel booking sites, like Priceline, but they likely will require a reservation of more than one night.

Your best bet is to try to extend with who you booked with. Availability changes constantly, so I would keep asking. You can keep asking right up until you have to check out.

If searching the various hotel sites you could try booking two nights instead of one and see that helps you find something. You don't have to stay for the two nights, you can just leave early.

If all else fails, you could try to book one night at the Wyndham Grand hotel. You would not have far to move since it is part of the same complex.

You might be able to cancel the res, if it's free to cancel, and rebook w/ the right amount of days. Bonnet Creek requires booking of 2 or more days. You are only trying to add on an additional day, but maybe its bugging up the system. I know I have had strange things happen as an owner and had to cancel the whole thing and start over to make it work.

Last edited:
You might be able to cancel the res, if it's free to cancel, and rebook w/ the right amount of days. Bonnet Creek requires booking of 2 or more days. You are only trying to add on an additional day, but maybe its bugging up the system. I know I have had strange things happen as an owner and had to cancel the whole thing and start over to make it work.
Thanks! We ended up booking with an owner (not extra holidays) through Airbnb and cancelled the reservation through ExraHolidays. Whew!

Been awhile since I have been in this thread. We stayed at Bonnet Creel about two years ago. Had a great experience (minus the sales people) and really enjoyed the stay.

Has there been much change in how you go about getting a reservation for BC? I think last time I used one of the services where you email them your dates and they find your rate and book it for you. I don’t recall off the top of my head. We are headed to WDW 12/30 through 1/8 and doing a split stay. We are staying offsite 12/30 through 1/2. Recently another family joined in on our trip plans. My first thought was a two bedroom condo at BC. Any possibilities to still grab one for those dates or too late for a New Years stay?

Been awhile since I have been in this thread. We stayed at Bonnet Creel about two years ago. Had a great experience (minus the sales people) and really enjoyed the stay.

Has there been much change in how you go about getting a reservation for BC? I think last time I used one of the services where you email them your dates and they find your rate and book it for you. I don’t recall off the top of my head. We are headed to WDW 12/30 through 1/8 and doing a split stay. We are staying offsite 12/30 through 1/2. Recently another family joined in on our trip plans. My first thought was a two bedroom condo at BC. Any possibilities to still grab one for those dates or too late for a New Years stay?
The beginning of your stay falls in the restricted time period for non owners.

I figured as much. Back to the drawing board.
Owners can still rent to you so long as they haven't used up the guest certificates they can use during the blackout dates. In the past, they could rent as much as they wanted, but the new rules aim to slow that.

It would not surprise me if some owners have booked in-demand holiday weeks to rent out, hoping to cash in and saved their guest certificates to do just that.

Just be aware of the restrictions and ask about them if you find someone renting.

Owners can still rent to you so long as they haven't used up the guest certificates they can use during the blackout dates. In the past, they could rent as much as they wanted, but the new rules aim to slow that.

It would not surprise me if some owners have booked in-demand holiday weeks to rent out, hoping to cash in and saved their guest certificates to do just that.

Just be aware of the restrictions and ask about them if you find someone renting.
Renting from an owner during a high-demand owner restricted period like new years likely runs a decent risk of your reservation getting cancelled. I wouldn’t risk it.

I think that's less true now that the booking system enforces the two-exception limit up front. But yes, there is a bit of risk here.
I guess I can't quantify the risk, but boy I think the kind of person that is making spec rentals over Christmas and New Years to book (since it's now sold out for those dates so it would have to be a spec rental) is the kind of person that Wyndham might shut down and "make an example of" at any moment. I just wouldn't want to risk showing up in Orlando with no hotel reservations at a time when many/most other hotels are likely to be booked. Tripadvisor for CWBC is now littered with reviews from renters who had their rentals cancelled.

I am looking to book BC through RCI for a week in June. If I find one available, is it not at risk for any cancellation because booking through rci?
Is anyone familiar with BC availability on RCI?

I am looking to book BC through RCI for a week in June. If I find one available, is it not at risk for any cancellation because booking through rci?
Is anyone familiar with BC availability on RCI?
RCI is fine. The cancellation risk exists for people who rent directly from Wyndham owners, either privately or through an agency.

Hi All! We are planning a trip next year in late August, planning on staying just in between the owner priority dates. We are hoping to stay around 10 days and I have a few questions I couldn't really figure out after reading through

1) what is the earliest we can realistically book?
2) Is ExtraHolidays our safest bet to guarantee a rental or should we consider Vacation Strategies,etc since we are not in the blackout? I assume VS is cheaper than booking directly through EH
3) any issues with a longer stay through any of these sites or are we at the mercy of what the owners want to make available?

Thank you everyone in advance, this thread is so helpful!

1: At 10 months prior to check-in, any owner can book. (A few days after if you are staying for more than 7 days, but that's a minor point.)

2a: EH is the "official" outlet for Wyndham timeshare rentals, but they can only rent what owners supply, so you may have to wait for them to have your dates.

2b: I think it is less likely that a reservation during Owner Priority dates will be cancelled after it is made, because the owner web site now checks to see if we've used both of our exceptions before allowing another one. However, having a reservation during an owner priority period is not the only way to get a reservation cancelled. The other is if Wyndham decides the owner is renting commercially.

3: EH can only rent what an owner supplies. But if you rent directly from an owner (via VS, another point manager, or the owner themselves), they can reserve up to 14 nights in one booking.

What can I expect to pay for a 2 bedroom in late January? The best price I've found so far is $1800 including taxes and fees. I'm not sure I feel comfortable renting from VRBO and not having a cancellation policy.

What can I expect to pay for a 2 bedroom in late January? The best price I've found so far is $1800 including taxes and fees. I'm not sure I feel comfortable renting from VRBO and not having a cancellation policy.
If you want a generous cancellation policy, you need to rent through Extra Holidays and pay more. The higher price is the "premium" you pay for the ease of last minute cancellation.

We had an awesome stay at WBC from Aug 22 to Sept 1. We rented a 3 bedroom deluxe unit and we were in Tower 6 on the 9th floor. We rented from Ken and Denise Price at Vacation Upgrades. We’ve used them a bunch of times before and I highly recommend them. 😁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter