The week after Christmas....do we dare????

Those of you that did use Disney Transportation....what was your longest wait for a bus to/from what park/hotel? I'm just curious to compare to past trips that we've taken. We do tend to stay in the parks basically until the CMs are herding to the front gate....and those bus line waits are extensive. Just curious about the long waits that some have experienced during the New Year week!

We have gone the past two years and plan to go this year as well. We absolutely love being there during Christmas. But we also go at another time during the year. We are going in June this year. So our focus during Christmas are the holiday offerings. We spend more time in Epcot than usual and love HS at Christmas. We are able to ride almost everything by getting to the park early, having fp set for late morning and refreshing to get more fps. It is more crowded but it is now our favorite time to go.

This might be us too :scared:. I’m a little nervous, but it’s a gifted trip and we are blessed to go!! It’s still a ways out, and nothing is set in stone, but if all works out, I just plan to be as laid back as possible, and have very low expectations. Just enjoy whatever comes along :cool1:

We go this time of year every year ... All my kids know is Christmas at Disney. You have to manage your expectations and realize there will be a lot of people. If you do that you can have an awesome time. If you have the money, there are things you can do to ensure you get to do more with a little less stress. If you stay CL you can pay for the extra CL FP+. Then you get a guarantee of 6 FP rides for every day you pay for it ... if you do that and then refresh the system you can get quite a few rides in. There is also the VIP "plaid" tour option. And plenty of other things like EMH, tours, dessert parties, etc.

We did that week in Dec 2010 / Jan 2011. We flew down on 12/26 (which was nerve-racking in itself because we were on the last flight to get out before our local airport shut down due to a snow storm).

It was insanely busy. We went to Epcot for New Year's Eve and the park was filled to capacity by noon. They had a special NYE countdown, and I've never been in a crowd with that many people that was that packed (i.e. shoulder-to-shoulder). We were trying to make it back over to the lagoon for the countdown and got stuck somewhere on the bridge between FW and WS. My wife almost had a panic attack due to the crowd.

On the other hand, the decorations were beautiful, and we loved the Candlelight Processional. I'm glad we did it, but would never go that week again.

Those of you that did use Disney Transportation....what was your longest wait for a bus to/from what park/hotel? I'm just curious to compare to past trips that we've taken. We do tend to stay in the parks basically until the CMs are herding to the front gate....and those bus line waits are extensive. Just curious about the long waits that some have experienced during the New Year week!

On New Year's Eve 2016/2017 (ringing in 2017), we were on a bus from Kidani Village to Epcot for over two hours. Stuck in standstill traffic.

When I said we learned that year for this past NYE (ringing in 2018), we learned BIG TIME to not be anywhere without walking distance, monorail or ferry transportation. The Polynesian was perfect. (we did use the friendship boat from DHS to Epcot to get to the monorail back to Poly on nye afternoon, and they were running double boats to help with the volume of people)

Outside of New Year's Eve, transportation wasn't any different than any other time of the year wait wise, in our experience.

Our bus waits weren’t much different then our August trips. But we go out of our way to avoid peak travel times. We only rope dropped Christmas Day and the first bus left POFQ at 4:51am. We missed it and waited about 25 minutes for the next bus. That was probably our longest wait.

We were at the MK on Dec. 30th and Epcot on Dec. 31st well past park closing. There is no point in heading to the buses until the parks are mostly cleared out. We just hang back and enjoy the atmosphere. :) We waited about 15-20 minutes on those nights. It wasn’t too bad, but we’ve had better bus luck on previous Christmas/NY’s trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter