The Wiggles Go Global

lrodk

<font color=009900>No one is immune to the TF's in
Australian children's band "The Wiggles" has negotiated an exclusive licensing-rights deal with the Walt Disney Company. The arrangement will permit overseas performers to audition as members in non-Australian Wiggles bands. New Wiggles bands will be first launched in Taiwan and Japan. Wiggles business manager, Mike Conway, said Asian audiences have responded well to the band's music.

Possible licensing in France, Germany and Italy is also being investigated. Conway noted that overseas programs will be very similar to the original Australian concept, but will be performed in other languages by local artists.

I'm not a fan of the just the Wiggles 'concept', I and my kids are fans of Anthony, Greg, Jeff and Murray themselves. I don't know how well that licensing idea will fly. It'd be like Menudo (insert big yuck here).

No, bad idea-very bad idea!

Suzanne

(yes, I've been known to sing their songs at work!)
My 3 year old says "Wake up, Jeff" with an aussie accent, just like them!

my three year old has to "do the monkey..ooh ohh ahh ahh"..every day! BTW..have you noticed the new..(dfferent)? beginning they have going now?..We liked the old one better...And if I had to pick..I think ANTHONY would be my fave!...lol

Love that show. Watch it every day before I go off to work. It's taught me so much about Australia. That catsup or ketchup is called sauce. That a band-aid is called a sticking plaster. That they sing "Down by the Station," but the train is not a
train, but a puffer billy.
But, does anybody else think that whoever designed the costumes worn by the Wiggles was a fan of "Star Trek?" Everytime I see those costumes, I can't help but think of the costumes on "Star Trek." Enjoy!

My DS and I are BIG Wiggles fans. I notice they will be in the Florida area early November, 2002.
Any chance of them beng at WDW last week October??

I'm sure this won't be a popular opinion but I find the whole "Wiggles" show disturbing. The customes are bad and those guys are just weird. My DD does like it but I just can't watch it with her. I have to leave the room!

I think we all have shows we can't stand but the kids adore. I have a major dislike for the purple dinosaur, but my kids love him. I can't stand Mr. Rogers, but they like him (I think he's condescending), so I let them watch and I leave the room.

I find I like the non american shows that everyone else hates (we like the Teletubbies, although the boys have outgrown them).

If we all liked the same thing, there would be one tv channel, one flavor of ice cream...

Just another crazy person who likes the Wiggles

Face it, the Australians are sort of an odd lot anyway. Apparently, three of them were Early Childhood majors who started writing songs. Don't knock it, I'm sure they're all millionnaires by now!
Personally, I'll take Anthony over anyone on other kid's shows..except maybe Joe on Blue's Clues!!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter