• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Wilderness Lodge and Villas FAQ (Part 7) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Planning some final details for our first WL trip in November. We currently have a Courtyard BB booked, and have 2 kids: DD5 and DD2. Trying to decide whether the BB's will work for them, or if I should put the 5 year old in the bottom bunk, leave the top open, and rent a crib from ABBF for the 2 year old (she's still in a crib at home).

Two questions I could use help for:
1) Is there even room in a BB room for a full sized crib? (she won't sleep in a pack n play).
2) for those who have put kids in the top bunk, does it seem safe enough with the rails? could you add additional bedrails (which may be higher) under the mattress?

I guess that's 3 questions :confused: Thanks for any help you can provide :flower3:

We've never had a BB room at Disney. Something to consider - Can you keep your child out of the top bunk if you do have it and don't want them up there? We finally had to teach both my 5 and 2 y.o. how to get up and down just for safety. Telling them "no" just wasn't enough. In any case, my 5 y.o. has been sleeping in top bunks at the beach with low rails for some time and has no problems. But she has never been one to get disoriented, sleep walk, or fall out of her twin either.
Also, I believe the table is bolted to the wall at WL. That leaves a space in the standard rooms which is between the dresser and closet wall that is just the right size for a pack n play. (In front of the connecting door). Even blocking the sliding door, I don't believe there is room for a larger crib because you can't move the furniture around.

Planning some final details for our first WL trip in November. We currently have a Courtyard BB booked, and have 2 kids: DD5 and DD2. Trying to decide whether the BB's will work for them, or if I should put the 5 year old in the bottom bunk, leave the top open, and rent a crib from ABBF for the 2 year old (she's still in a crib at home).

1) Is there even room in a BB room for a full sized crib? (she won't sleep in a pack n play).
2) for those who have put kids in the top bunk, does it seem safe enough with the rails? could you add additional bedrails (which may be higher) under the mattress?

I guess that's 3 questions :confused: Thanks for any help you can provide :flower3:

When my son was 3, he slept in the top bunk and did fine. These were however at the ft. Wilderness Cabins, but the same bunk beds. They are against the wall there which made me feel more comfortable with him sleeping up there. I don't know if you can get higher rails. There is not much room for a full sized crib in the room. A pack n play is really all you can fit in the room since a lot of the furniture can not be moved. We thought about BB for an upcoming trip since our kids will be almost 5 and 2 when we go and think they will be fine, but I am worried about my son getting in and out of the bed especially if he has to get up in the night for some reason. This bothers me more than the idea of him falling out. I don't think our little one will care where she sleeps.

I'm really curious about this too. Room renovations (w/ a change of the current bedding motif) would completely seal the deal for a July 2011 trip for us. Thanks!

Wow, they just renovated the rooms at WL in 2006, I'm suprised to hear that they're renovating them again so soon, can anyone confirm that this is true?

My wife and I will be celebrating our 10 year anniversy. Is there anything special that I can do to suprise her?

Love when these questions pop up. I always suggest going to Artist's Point. Letting them know that it is your anniversary. After dinner get a couple glasses of wine and go for a nice walk down the beach in the evening...(AFTER THE MOVIE IS OVER). Sometimes if you catch it late in the evening you can take the blue boat for a round trip journey and have it basically to yourself. :love:

Just some ideas.....

I know there is also a way to have things delivered to the room, perhaps someone else knows more about that... :confused3

Brian

You could call the Disney florist or have a cake delivered to the room. One night my hubby and I had the cobbler out on the porch by the babbling brook and it was so romantic. I loved that evening as it was just something different that you can't do anywhere but at the Lodge.

Wow, they just renovated the rooms at WL in 2006, I'm suprised to hear that they're renovating them again so soon, can anyone confirm that this is true?

Just back from 8 days at WL (9/25-10/2).
We were on the 5th floor in the North Wing and there were no room renovations being performed anywhere that I could see.
The only refurbing I saw was some exterior stonework outside of Roarin Forks and some painting on one of the balconies off the lobby. Both projects were done in about a day or 2.

Just back from 8 days at WL (9/25-10/2).
We were on the 5th floor in the North Wing and there were no room renovations being performed anywhere that I could see.
The only refurbing I saw was some exterior stonework outside of Roarin Forks and some painting on one of the balconies off the lobby. Both projects were done in about a day or 2.

:banana::banana::banana:

That is great news, I hope that is still true in January!!!

Brian

We fly out TOMORROW!!!!

it will be our first trip to WDW. We are staying at WL, it just looks so nice! I realy hope it is the best choice for us (me, Dh2B and DS3)

We will be there for 2 weeks, woods view, we are getting married while we are at WDW (Mickey and Donald are coming to our wedding!) and I am celebrating my 35th birthday (with breakfast at Tusker house with Donald!)

SOOOOO excited now!

We fly out TOMORROW!!!!

it will be our first trip to WDW. We are staying at WL, it just looks so nice! I realy hope it is the best choice for us (me, Dh2B and DS3)

We will be there for 2 weeks, woods view, we are getting married while we are at WDW (Mickey and Donald are coming to our wedding!) and I am celebrating my 35th birthday (with breakfast at Tusker house with Donald!)

SOOOOO excited now!

What a fantastically memorable trip this will be for you all!!
Sounds like it will be such fun to have Mickey and Donald come to your wedding.
All the best to you! :goodvibes

We fly out TOMORROW!!!!

SOOOOO excited now!

We fly out Friday for our first stay at WL.

Have a wonderful time and good luck on your big day !!

We fly out TOMORROW!!!!

SOOOOO excited now!

WOW!!! I hope it is all goes perfectly!!!

Have a great trip!!!

Brian

Does anyone have any current information on this? What time does it occur and what movies have they show recently.

TIA

We are staying in a woods view bunk room and I hope the top bunk is OK for our 5 year old and I hope our 3 year old doesn't try to climb up there! It costs more for a woods view bunk room than a courtyard room! Those bunkbeds are at a premium!

To answer your other question, we put a pack n play between the 2 beds in a standard room at WL last time and it was fine. Not sure about a full size crib....you can call and ask them.

Do the villas have a laundry area?

Yes. It is right next to room 1509 (which is a studio room). I know this because that is the room we had during our stay in June. It was so convenient and from our room we could not hear the noise of the machines. There are 2 washers (1 front loader and 1 top loader) and 4 dryers (thought only 2 dryers worked well when I was there). Also, you do not have to pay to use them. The machines have the coin slots but just push them in as you normally would just don't put any coins in it. And, then the machine will start. They do have a vending machine with laundry soap which cost $1. And, just as a side note, if you use the front loader machine you use much less soap but it takes longer to wash a load of clothes.

41 days! This will be our 4th stay at WL but the 1st one during the Christmas holiday season. The holiday pictures look beautiful and can't wait to see it in person.

Quick question for anyone going soon---could you find out what days the Lodge Tour is held during the winter months???
We tried to do the tour on one of our previous visits but the Park Ranger was ill and tour was cancelled and hoping to do it this time around. TIA!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter