The Witcher

Jennasis

DIS life goes on
Who is watching this series? We've been working our way through it...and the reviews are good, and the acting and production values are great (it's a beautiful show to look at). The plot has me scratching my head. We are like 4 episodes in and it has just dawned on me that the shows has been time-jumping the whole time and I am LOST. What is up??

Be patient it will all come together soon!

I assumed there was time jumping, though didn’t have who everyone was/would turn out to be all straight.

Overall, I thought the series was interesting, and definitely felt like a film rather than a typical tv series. It was also obviously intended to run more than one season.

It timejumps differently for each character but is pretty simple once you put the events in the right order in your head. You could also treat it as three separate narratives that intersect at certain points. Geralt, Yennefer, and Ciri all experience their events in their own timeline and everyone experiences the fall of Cintra in their timeline, helping you piece when everyone is. By the end of the first season all are on the same timeline and it will be more linear going on.
The books are also fantastic as well!

I can't get into it. I really wanted to like it. I read the first book but wasn't particularly interested enough to read the next.

I can't get into it. I really wanted to like it. I read the first book but wasn't particularly interested enough to read the next.
Agree. I love fantasy genre and was excited to start watching this. After one episode none of the characters have grabbed me and the need to study @DuskKodesh 's charts and graphs to follow it just makes watching any more too much work. :upsidedow

I loved the Witcher......it didn't realize they were time jumping until a few episodes in and then it made more sense. Henry Cavill is awesome in this. Loved it. Binged the whole season when I was down with a stomach virus. Made my misery much easier to take!!!

MJ

I watched the first 2 episodes and it didn't really grab me either. I've been confused and I'm just not overly invested in the characters.

It takes a while to figure out how the three plot arcs come together, but once you do it makes sense. We loved it!

I'm so happy there are people that liked it because I'm really hoping that with events of the second season we'll get to meet Regis who is one of my favorite characters in fiction! (Yes, I know he won't look like he did in the game, it's just my fave visual of him) Such a good sweet boy. 10/10 good friend material.

I watched the series when I was off over the holidays, loved it! In retrospect, I shouldn't of started it till more seasons were out. I hate waiting for the next seasons, umf.

I agree with all of you and wish they would've indicated a time jump. It helps that I watched my husband play through one of the games, so we were able to pick up on some.

Could do without some of the gore and adult scenes personally, but otherwise it is nice to see fantasy done well!

Is anyone else not a fan of Yen and Geralt? Even in the games...

We have to wait SO LONG for the next season.

Don't forget...toss a coin to your witcher!

We enjoyed it. D'S explained the time stuff to me. One of his favorite games

I'd never heard of it before stumbling over it on Netflix. Watched the whole season and wish I had those 10 hours of my life back. Perhaps if I'd read the books or whatever, it would have made more sense. I thought it was a mess!

Who is watching this series? We've been working our way through it...and the reviews are good, and the acting and production values are great (it's a beautiful show to look at). The plot has me scratching my head. We are like 4 episodes in and it has just dawned on me that the shows has been time-jumping the whole time and I am LOST. What is up??
I am lost too, Jennasis! I like the show but I'm having a hard time following the plots. I am going to stick with it anyway.

It had potential, but I actually thought the production quality was sophomoric and the special effects budget was next to nothing. They seem to have spent a lot of money on casting, set pieces and wardrobe, but the special effects are cringeworthy, about what I'd expect from a WB show from the 1990's.

As many have said, the timeline-jumping made the story unnecessarily difficult to follow and didn't make any sense, even if the book was written that way (don't know, haven't read it...although my wife did so she tried to keep me up to speed as best she could). The fight choreography is reasonably well-done. But I must admit, the Bard character is flat-out awful and doesn't even help advance the storyline IMO.

I'll stick with it for season 2, but on the whole I thought season 1 was a disappointment.

What books do you suggest I check out for this series? My understanding is that they're translated from Polish.

The first one is The Last Wish which is kind of short stories rather than a big plot. First one with a big connective plot is Blood of Elves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter