The Wizarding World of Harry Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed the September hours for both parks is 9-6 on the days we'll be visiting, even weekends. I'm glad we've planned on four days in the parks!

I can help-I just had this conversation last week! :)

As soon as you enter Seuss Landing, go immediately to the left, before you get to Green Eggs and Ham. Follow the path around and it takes you by the water and drops you off right by the bridge to Lost Continent. By taking this path, you cut off the corner by Cat in the Hat and 1 Fish 2 Fish.

You can really see the route if you go to Google Maps. (that was a suggestion I received, and it was a great one!) Hope this helps!

just curious, but ok, you have TWO lines of groups of people streaming to ONE entry point at WWoHP. if you take the shortcut left, what happens when you get to the rest of the group line & the space in line is not in front of you but BACK now behind you ... & more people lining up.. ( understand?) so now what? do you merge with this line & have people arguing you are now cutting? or have to head BACK to end of line to merge?
this confuses me where all this merges. ( since I thought on here somone posted pics of the line heading back down the street to the carousell)

Onsite people are let in thru Lost Continent...there are 2 paths to get there thru Suess. Even if you can take the shortcut thru Suess, the shortcut and main walkway merge together at the bridge to cross into LC.

if you don't go thru Suess (bear left at POE), you go thru Toon Lagoon & JP.

There are 2 ways into WWoHP...thru LC & thru JP.

I just noticed the September hours for both parks is 9-6 on the days we'll be visiting, even weekends. I'm glad we've planned on four days in the parks!

Yeah, I saw this too and couldn't believe it.

With the way they are being mobbed, don't you think they would stay with the longer day? Unless they think the crowds are going to decline dramatically, but that seems hard to believe.

Is it possible the hours will change? From what I've been reading about early entry and opening times, there doesn't seem to be much consistency. Does US/IOA often operate like this?

Yeah, I saw this too and couldn't believe it.

With the way they are being mobbed, don't you think they would stay with the longer day? Unless they think the crowds are going to decline dramatically, but that seems hard to believe.

Is it possible the hours will change? From what I've been reading about early entry and opening times, there doesn't seem to be much consistency. Does US/IOA often operate like this?

I think that if the crowd level warrants it, the hours will change. Normally, September is empty and the long hours just weren't necessary.

I think that if the crowd level warrants it, the hours will change. Normally, September is empty and the long hours just weren't necessary.

Yeah, I can understand this was the case in the past, but these past two months of insanity should have impacted their decision on the park hours. Yet, those short hours are what they posted anyway.

So it is possible they will change those hours, and probably with no notice?

From what I understand, with the exception of WWoHP, the rest of the parks are already empty. :lmao:

Let's all get together and wish the little kiddos back to school so we "alumni age" Potter fans can have Hogwarts to ourselves in September! :wizard::wizard::wizard:

I did check hotel availability today and found rooms available even at passholder and Fla resident rates 2nd week of Sept and the weekend following, so I think that bodes well for smaller crowds.

How much is a wand at the Wizarding World? I just need to know because I have friends bugging me for wands and I need to know how much $ they should give me. Thanks!

From what I understand, with the exception of WWoHP, the rest of the parks are already empty. :lmao:

Let's all get together and wish the little kiddos back to school so we "alumni age" Potter fans can have Hogwarts to ourselves in September! :wizard::wizard::wizard:

I did check hotel availability today and found rooms available even at passholder and Fla resident rates 2nd week of Sept and the weekend following, so I think that bodes well for smaller crowds.

:thumbsup2 Love hearing that!!

We're preparing for crowds, because I'm a 'worse case scenario' commando kind of gal. If it's less crowded, that will be a bonus!! :banana:

Wow, didn't know that, too funny!

Yep, I'm going and dragging the kids along; they really had no choice. :rotfl:

Oh, if it only would stay this way! I'll prep the kids for long waits, and if there aren't, we're golden. :)

Exactly -- what do "they" say? Prepare for the worst, hope for the best. I'd glad we've allowed for about four days in the parks, so the shorter park hours shouldn't be an issue. I do not get up early at home, so I don't really enjoy the thought of dragging my carcass out of bed before dawn to stand in line for Hogsmeade. But I will!

Taking my daughter for her 13th birthday. We have never been to Orlando during that time, what will the weather be like? Also has anyone else bought the package and been able to enter the park early? We have a breakfast reservation for Friday November 5th at the Three Broomsticks and we can't wait.:cool1:

I do not get up early at home, so I don't really enjoy the thought of dragging my carcass out of bed before dawn to stand in line for Hogsmeade. But I will!

I am not a morning person, and neither are my kids (teenagers).

But for Harry Potter, they were up at 6:15 and out the door of the hotel (Royal Pacific) by 7 am.

We were in line by 7:10, and let into the park by 7:30. We were among the very first people go get into Hogsmeade, and I will tell you, there is NOTHING like seeing it empty, just like in the movies, for the first time. And then, coming around the corner and seeing the Hogwarts castle for the first time is just amazing.

Trust me, it is totally worth getting up early for . . . :thumbsup2

How bad will crowds be on Dec. 23 and 24? Unfortunately I had to push back our vacation and those are the 2 days we'll be at Universal...

Courtesy of Manx27, Orlando United
http://www.orlandounited.com

Manx27 said:
Put this pano together after today's quick trip

IMG_4527%20Panorama.jpg

Brendan Fraser and new wand kiosk show up at Universal Orlando's Wizarding World of Harry Potter

wand41.jpg

Brendan Fraser may be more closely associated with the Mummy ride at Universal Studios, but he showed up this week at Islands of Adventure to check out the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. You can see him at right sporting the trademark butterbeer foam mustache after trying the sweet concoction, with Hogwarts Castle in the background.

I noticed another "appearance" when visiting the Wizarding World over the weekend. A new wand kiosk has magically popped up near Hogwarts where you can purchase the same wands sold inside Ollivanders. They used to be offered at a cart in the same area, but that cart was transformed into a general souvenir stand when the wands were temporarily sold out. Now they have a new sales spot, as you can see in the photos below. Sorry they're dark, but they were taken with a flashless cell phone camera:

wand11.jpg

wand21.jpg

This new merchadise cart, plus other additions like the sometimes-open "secret" butterbeer stand just past all the stores, are all evidence of Universal's ongoing tweaks to handle the crowds who are eager for more shopping opportunities with less lines at the Wizarding World (Ollivanders always has a long line, and the other stores have a wait to get inside, too, on the busiest days).

Source: http://www.examiner.com/x-2200-Orla...rsal-Orlandos-Wizarding-World-of-Harry-Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter