The worst date you had ever been on

NFLDERS

Stay Safe
A Sadie Hawkins dance/date. My date sent his bf because he had made up with his gf. It was awkward, disappointing, and probably a worse date for him than me.

I did online dating in my mid-20s for about six months before I met my husband. Most of the dates were totally fine--some not so great, some really fun. I think the worst was when I met someone for a casual coffee shop "date" and within 10 minutes he was asking me if I was a virgin or not. Ummm....awkward! I left soon after.

Hmm... not the worst but definitely awkward. I was set up by a friend (yeah, I know...) and we agreed to meet for dinner. We meet and I'm not really attracted to him, but I thought maybe the conversation will be fine, as we did have similar interests. Things started to get weird when he didn't order *anything* to eat or drink. Then he starts talking about his dolls. Apparently he collected these Japanese dolls that he named, made clothes for and posed around his room for photo shoots... and yes, Of course I asked to see the photos. When the bill came he offered to pay, but I told him he hadn't ordered a thing and that I'd prefer to pay for myself. I could tell that he was definitely more interested in me than I was in him, but he wasn't getting the hints I was dropping about calling it a night. I ended up making some excuse about being needed somewhere and we parted ways. Afterwards I ended up walking around a bookstore telling my best friend about what had just happened and guess who I ran into...

YUP.

:-/

Last edited:
Thanksgiving Dance in HS
I took a guy a year younger, that I didn't know well. I thought he was nice in school. I had to drive and meet his parents as he couldn't drive. He brought a flask with him and proceeded to get drunk. At the afterparty we went to, he ran off ignoring me and telling his friends he's dissed me. Well, not really, I was glad to be rid of his presence. Too bad I had to drive him home. (Actually, I may not have driven him home because I can't remember actually doing it...he may have gotten his friends to take him home?)

He bragged about his new car prior to our date, so imagine my surprise when he picked me up in a rust bucket with multiple colored side panels. The interior was gutted and two go cart seats were bolted to the floor ( days before seat belts). I was terrified for my life when we hit the highway. It felt like the car was leaving car part breadcrumbs on the road. He told me he paid only $30 for the car. He paid too much.

We arrived at the movie and he tells me he left his wallet at home. He asks me if I can pay and he will write me a check. I pay and we make our way to our seats. The previews start and he excuses himself and heads to the bathroom. Several minutes later he arrives with a popcorn and coke. He tells me that he found some change in his pockets. He sat there and never offered me a sip.

After the movie he tells me he will add the cost of dinner to his check. We had discussed a local burger joint in our phone calls, but now he wanted to go to a chain steak restaurant. I was a college student, working two jobs, and I was worried about the expense. I faked a headache and asked him to take me home.

Of course he dropped me off without the check. He asked me out several times afterward, but I refused. I told the story a few times and word got back to him. He dropped off a check for the movie tickets weeks later. Of course it bounced.

In high school, I invited a boy to the Sadie Hawkins dance. We went out to eat and as we were leaving the parking deck, we drove through this circular spiral drive that went up a floor. He was driving his parent's woody station wagon and the side of the wagon LOUDLY scraped the wall the entire drive through the spiral.

The whole date was so awkward that when this happened, no one said a word, we just stared straight ahead, our ear drums being pierced by the screeching of the metal on the concrete wall, haha!

I was on another date where my date almost KILLED ME! We were sitting and talking in his living room. I was actually sitting on a couch that was perpendicular to the couch where he was sitting. He had pulled out a hunting bow (to show off no less) and was pulling back on the string acting like he was checking something.

He was pointing it across the room, so no danger to me. SUDDENLY, he accidentally released the bow and it went FLYING ACROSS THE ROOM, HITTING THE STEREO GLASS DOOR AND RICOCHETED AT A RIGHT ANGLE!!

The only way we knew this happened (it was so fast we didn't see it, only heard it)....was piecing the clues together. The arrow was lodged in the wall. BEHIND MY HEAD JUST TO THE RIGHT!! There was a nick in the glass of the stereo door. Somehow this arrow went straight, hit the door and managed a right angle and went buzzing right by my head. If I heard this story from anyone I would call BS, since how on earth could an arrow make a right angle...but I was there and I almost died. Lordy.

Not long after my divorce, so in my 40s, was set up by a friend. The guy was really good looking, built retired Marine,because as he said no such thing as an exMarine. Since he knew my friend really well I let him pick me up in his car, which I never do on 1st dates.

Well on the way out to dinner we talk about this & that, his service comes up. So as we are driving he pulls off his shirt and shows me his wound scars. Yeah that was freaky enough, then he proceeds to go into detail of his being shot & how he killed people in the skirmish. I mean graphic detail. This went on the whole way to the restaurant. He then tells me al about his PTSD treatment & how when we sleep together not to make any sudden movements or loud noises in the dark. OKAY!

So off to the ladies room to get my DS to call & do the "emergency" thing. Not only did my DS call but after the description he & my DIL drove to the restaurant & picked me up.

This guy called me several times after, I finally told my friend what happened I felt bad cause he was good friend with him. Never herd from him again, also put off dating for about 6months

Nothing too terrible for me, I've only dated 2 guys in my life. Junior prom with my boyfriend the dance was fine, we went to my school for the dance so my friends were there. But for after-prom we went to his school. He pretty much abandoned me and I didn't know any of the kids. I knew one of the parents helping was a friend of my dad's so I went to his blackjack table and played that all night. I did win a Mickey Mouse watch in the door prizes so it wasn't a total loss.

Maybe 6 years ago I was out with friends for a bachelorette party. I met a guy who asked for my number and eventually asked to meet for dinner. I met him at a restaurant and it was an ok time. no fireworks but not horrible. he asked if i wanted to grab a drink nearby and i agreed. the bill came for dinner and i offered to split with him and said that i had my debit card. he said no, he had it, no problem.
i got up to use the bathroom. while in the bathroom i got a text from this guy saying ****ing ***** only has her debit card. now we're going to get drinks."

probably didn't mean to send that to me! i was stunned for a minute and debated my options. i ended up going up to the table, thanking him for dinner and saying that im sure that text was meant for a friend. he turned red and apologized profusely and continued to text me the rest of the night asking for another date.

always get a good laugh thinking about that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... not the worst but definitely awkward. I was set up by a friend (yeah, I know...) and we agreed to meet for dinner. We meet and I'm not really attracted to him, but I thought maybe the conversation will be fine, as we did have similar interests. Things started to get weird when he didn't order *anything* to eat or drink. Then he starts talking about his dolls. Apparently he collected these Japanese dolls that he named, made clothes for and posed around his room for photo shoots... and yes, Of course I asked to see the photos. When the bill came he offered to pay, but I told him he hadn't ordered a thing and that I'd prefer to pay for myself. I could tell that he was definitely more interested in me than I was in him, but he wasn't getting the hints I was dropping about calling it a night. I ended up making some excuse about being needed somewhere and we parted ways. Afterwards I ended up walking around a bookstore telling my best friend about what had just happened and guess who I ran into...

YUP.

:-/

You ever wonder if there's a doll that looks just like you in that collection, now? :)

Mine's pretty boring. Went on a band trip to an amusement park. Somehow ended up spending most of the day with one of my sister's friends. She laughed at all my jokes, engaged me in conversation, looked at me all moony-eyed. We seemed to really hit it off & just had a ball.

So, I call here after a couple days & ask her out. Takes 3 or 4 calls before we can agree to something that works with both our schedules (my first clue this isn't going as planned). Then, the date finally comes & she barely talks to me at all. The movie previews were SO awkward. I had planned to take her to dinner afterwards, but took her home instead & called my friends to get together for the night. The sun was still out when it was all over LOL.

I don't I ever had a really bad date because I was friends with most of the girls I took out. I dunno, they may have a different answer if you asked them.;)

Ok, I was college aged, maybe 20 or so. Long long time ago, way before cel phones. Details are sketchy, but met a guy new to town, a doctor. That part was true. We went to dinner or something, he invited me to his place so he could play some songs for me. Yes, I was naive. Once there, he locked the apartment from the inside and hid the key. I remember him playing the guitar in his underwear and me talking to him all night, trying to remain calm. He finally took me home the next morning. Needless to say, I didn't go out with him again. Though he did harass me for a while. Also long before "stalker" was a thing.

Maybe 6 years ago I was out with friends for a bachelorette party. I met a guy who asked for my number and eventually asked to meet for dinner. I met him at a restaurant and it was an ok time. no fireworks but not horrible. he asked if i wanted to grab a drink nearby and i agreed. the bill came for dinner and i offered to split with him and said that i had my debit card. he said no, he had it, no problem.
i got up to use the bathroom. while in the bathroom i got a text from this guy saying "**$#ing b*9ch only has her debit card. now we're going to get drinks."

probably didn't mean to send that to me! i was stunned for a minute and debated my options. i ended up going up to the table, thanking him for dinner and saying that im sure that text was meant for a friend. he turned red and apologized profusely and continued to text me the rest of the night asking for another date.

always get a good laugh thinking about that!

Was he upset that you didn't have cash to kick in for dinner? I'm trying to figure out what caused that reaction from him (other than he was/is a gigantic jerk (insert stronger, non-Dis friendly, word)!!) Man, that must have been scary!

Was he upset that you didn't have cash to kick in for dinner? I'm trying to figure out what caused that reaction from him (other than he was/is a gigantic jerk (insert stronger, non-Dis friendly, word)!!) Man, that must have been scary!

not really sure why he said that. i guess he could have been upset i had no actual cash (i never do- im a hopeless debit card user).
he certainly made it easy to weed himself out of the dating pool though!

You ever wonder if there's a doll that looks just like you in that collection, now? :)

OhEMGee! That whole post freaked me out. Reminded me of some guy who had made dolls out of dead people. I think I would have excused myself to go to the restroom and exited via a window or something.

Reading these stories makes me feel better about my own worst first date! When I was 18 I made plans to meet up with a girl I had met online. She was lying about her age and was just barely out of middle school (she was 13 but told me she was 16). Fortunately we met at the local carnival and some of her friends were there, so I found an excuse to ditch her with her friends and go do my own thing.

Reading these stories makes me feel better about my own worst first date! When I was 18 I made plans to meet up with a girl I had met online. She was lying about her age and was just barely out of middle school (she was 13 but told me she was 16). Fortunately we met at the local carnival and some of her friends were there, so I found an excuse to ditch her with her friends and go do my own thing.

Yikes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter