The worst travel day yesterday

erin1715

DIS Veteran
We had the absolute worst travel day from NY to Orlando yesterday. And it ended with us not being able to get our car rental that we pre-reserved and even called twice to make sure it would be there after a delayed flight. But Thrifty had NO cars for anyone. Ppl were lined up at least 60 deep waiting for the cars to be returned at 3am so they could get one. They had no answers. We had an exhausted 4 year old so we had to grab a cab to our resort. I’m praying my husband can go back to MCO today to wait for a vehicle. We’ll never travel spring break again. What a nightmare. Our flight was delayed 7 hours due to weather and then a door malfunction. We were supposed to leave NY at 3:50pm. The plane took off at 10:30pm. It was with southwest.

Wow, what a rough start to your trip! I hope things turn around quickly for you. pixiedust: Spring break time can be a challenging time to travel.

Well ,at least the weather in ORL will be great while your here.
Mild days mon, Tuesday ,HOT all other days

Well ,at least the weather in ORL will be great while your here.
Mild days mon, Tuesday ,HOT all other days
All my apps show 70 for high on Wednesday and 40s that night, then low 80s the rest of the week. This is too cold for me - I’m going to freeze at MK EEH!

It has been in the upper 80's for several weeks. Looking for some mild weather for a chance.
My HVAC ran for most of FEB and now MARCH.
It has been nice at night though.
I lived in Orlando from 1995-2001. My AC was on every single day except for about a week after my daughter was born in December. There was a cold snap (broke out the wool sweaters), and I was afraid she would be cold! My constitution has changed drastically since then, and I’ll be ecstatic if your forecast is more on target than mine! Regardless, I hope the weather is good for OP so her terrible travel down can become a distant memory.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter