Theme park mercandise returns after you get home?

Raya

DIS Veteran
I bought a shirt at Momento Mori in the MK. On my first wear I noticed the seam under the arm isn't sewn shut. I love this shirt and don't want to lose it, but can't wear it with the hole. It's listed as Out of stock on the Disney store website and the Shop Disney Parks app but was available in the park.

Is there a way to do an exchange without flying down to the park? (That's not really an option.) I'm wondering if the shirt being listed as Out of Stock is "real"? Would I call the shop to find out or the Disney Store or what?

Probably would be easier to have it sewn up

Agree. Would probably be a very easy fix. I have no needlework skills, but I have fixed an open seam with no problem. Even if it isn't perfect, no one will ever see it under the arm.

For sure, sew it up.
Much less hassle.

If you want to exchange it, they’ll make you ship the shirt back and then they’ll mail you a new one after they receive the damaged one. It’s a long process, especially since someone has to physically go into the parks to pick up the new item. I think you’re better off trying to fix it yourself!

This happened with me and a hat. They left the ink security tag on and I didn’t realize it until we got home!

If you're not a handy sewer, take it to your local dry cleaners. They often have people to do hemming and will likely be able to do that quite easily (for a price). But at least you'll have your shirt and not have to wait for Disney and the post office.

They left the ink security tag on and I didn’t realize it until we got home!

Several years ago this happened to us. Bought a piece of luggage, had it taken to our room so never unwrapped and looked at it until we arrived home. Tried a couple local stores first (even Disney Store) and they said their removal systems would not work.
Called Disney and they said to send it back to them. I did, and would you believe they tried to stick me with the postage???? I said, no way, and they did refund my postage. Couldn't believe it after 'me' being the inconvenienced one!!! I watch them closely now!!

So what happened, how did you get the tag removed?
Oh I kind of explained it a little in my first paragraph :) They made me return it and then they removed the security tag and shipped it back to me. They did pay for the postage both ways but omg it was silly. Luckily the receipt was in the shopping bag with the hat still because they did need that information!

Definitely call or email Disney Merch. When we got home my sister discovered a wine glass she bought from Epcot was broken and it wasn’t available online. Without her knowing I contacted Disney and they sent me a replacement, no charge, and all I had was a photo I found online. She was very surprised when I showed up with it!

Definitely call or email Disney Merch. When we got home my sister discovered a wine glass she bought from Epcot was broken and it wasn’t available online. Without her knowing I contacted Disney and they sent me a replacement, no charge, and all I had was a photo I found online. She was very surprised when I showed up with it!

We had a similar incident with one of the Starbucks Tumblers. When we got home, we noticed there was a small crack inside. We contacted Disney and they sent us a replacement free of charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter