Theme Park Reservation Resort Guest vs. Annual Passholder

tink88

Earning My Ears
We are visiting the week of 3/15 staying DVC resort guest. Certain parks are already sold out for most of our trip dates for resort guests. But it shows there IS availability for annual passholders, which we are. How do I book a park reservation as a passholder and not as a resort guest? The system denies me park reservations in My Disney Experience, I'm assuming based on my resort reservations, but I want to book as an annual passholder.

Funny ! I saw the same thing. It was super open for AP not resort guests. So I too was wondering.

I had to call to book the park reservation in this scenario.

is your annual pass in your MDE account under tickets?
We used our AP to make our park reservations and had no issues, but I have read of many who did. COuld be an error when they updated software.

is your annual pass in your MDE account under tickets?
We used our AP to make our park reservations and had no issues, but I have read of many who did. COuld be an error when they updated software.
Yes, annual passes are linked in our MDE account in tickets.

UPDATE-I called passholder support (407-939-7277) earlier this AM, after a 95 min. wait I got a CM.
She was lovely, but could not assist. She took my info, problem details and transferred me (I could have opted for someone to call me back). After another 45+ min. on hold I got another lovely CM who assisted me with cancelling the park reservations I had grabbed (just to have some) and booked me the parks I wanted via annual passholder availability vs. resort guest availability. She had me try to cancel my reservations and rebook myself but it would not work (system said I was over the limit). She then booked park ressies directly for me for 3 days I wanted changed. She said it would not have worked to unlink my resort reservation (like the first CM suggested I try) and I agreed - I didn't want to lose everything I had booked, just wanted to adjust a few days. Total call time 2 hrs. 36 min.
She then waited on the line for me to verify they appeared correctly in MDE. Other than the ungodly amount of time this took, the CM's were very pleasant and helpful.

I'm having the same problem. I have a DVC reservation booked and we are AP holders. Our trip is in March. I want to switch an Epcot day to HS and it won't let me. It says the resort bucket is full. However, it is available in the AP bucket. I just tried to call but the wait time is 2 hours - who has time for that? Disney need to hire back a lot more people to handle this.

I
I'm having the same problem. I have a DVC reservation booked and we are AP holders. Our trip is in March. I want to switch an Epcot day to HS and it won't let me. It says the resort bucket is full. However, it is available in the AP bucket. I just tried to call but the wait time is 2 hours - who has time for that? Disney need to hire back a lot more people to handle this.
I agree, the wait times are excessive, but I did put the speaker phone on and hold forever and they were able to make the same kind of modifications for me. CM told me there is not a way to do it on our own is you are a resort guest and annual passholder - it defaults to resort guest park reservations.

I'm currently on hold again to try and change one of my park days. Wait time says 90 minutes!! Crazy!

I'm currently on hold again to try and change one of my park days. Wait time says 90 minutes!! Crazy!
It is crazy but hang in there and hopefully you can get changes made - park ressies for March seem to be booking up/selling out! Good luck!

I had the same thing happen - AP showed available on the park reservation calendar, but MDE showed "unavailable" when I tried to book (I assume the system was putting me in the resort guest bucket). Trip date week of 3/28. Called (407) 939-7277 and was on hold for about 20 minutes. Cast member was very helpful in booking park reservations for me.

I finally got through. I was on hold for 2 hours. She was able to switch my epcot day for HS with no problem.

Along these same lines, does everyone in the same party have to have an annual pass in order to book? If I have an AP, I will only be able to book for me & not the rest of my group if they just have regular tickets, right?

Yes, CM confirmed that everyone in party had annual passes and that they were linked in MDE account.

Yikes, I have the same problem. Called and waited on hold for 97 minutes (not that I was counting) to be told the help desk would have to call me back to assist me. Crossing my fingers I actually get a call back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter