Theme Park View at the Poly

DISNEY1975

DIS Veteran
Ive stayed at the Poly plenty in the past and have yet to see a theme park view room. From the pool, looking across to the MK, I do see the top of the castle. I assume there must be more considering guests are paying $300+ more per night than standard/garden. Can someone show me a photo of a theme park room at the Poly.

This is what I am imagining... (it was super overcast when I took this picture)

upload_2018-3-16_20-8-25.png

The view is very similar, though you are a bit "higher" up, but it only gives it a different angle. The biggest draw for us was to be able to sit on our balcony and watch the fireworks (and water pageant) without being down on the beach, and to wake up to the Castle in the morning. For us I decided to go with the view 1) It was a special Mother/Daughter trip 2) It actually fell on my honest to goodness birthday (lol) and 3) I knew we'd be in the room relaxing more if that was the view. The last one is the key IMO, if you know you are going to be in commando mode I don't think the extra is worth it, but if you want to feel you have a relaxing vacation while at Disney, it served it's purpose and then some for us.

ETA: See if this works (these are examples from Hawaii which is club level); View then click on one of the rooms to see the view.

Last edited:

Oh, I get it now! Its the night time theme park view that is worth the $$$. This is spectacular. Nothing like what I was tryng to find during the day! Great photo. Thanks.

Yeah, I should caveat, those are all from the Hawaii longhouse, so CL, but I imagine the non-CL TPV rooms are going to be somewhat similar (just different angles).

But speaking of night time pics.... :-)
3.JPG

Did they take all the lounges off the beach?

As of NYE, it was down to like 5 left. I saw a recent report on the Poly thread there were none on their trip. I can piece together old photos to show the slowly dwindling supply on the beach. Sort of a bummer, in my opinion. :-(

As of NYE, it was down to like 5 left. I saw a recent report on the Poly thread there were none on their trip. I can piece together old photos to show the slowly dwindling supply on the beach. Sort of a bummer, in my opinion. :-(
Very sad. I’m still lamenting the loss of the hammocks :sad1: And movies on the beach gone. Now you get to sit on the ground on a piece of AstroTurf. Not very magical. We enjoyed going to the beach and grabbing lounges to watch MK fireworks.

Very sad. I’m still lamenting the loss of the hammocks :sad1: And movies on the beach gone. Now you get to sit on the ground on a piece of AstroTurf. Not very magical. We enjoyed going to the beach and grabbing lounges to watch MK fireworks.

Yeah, I hear you. We had many 'magical moments' watching the movies on the beach, DS falling asleep in our arms, (while maybe enjoying a tropical cocktail). Always a pleasant way to end the day.

The fake grass spot now is fine, it just doesn't have that same enjoyment factor for us.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but TPV at the Poly can also be Tuvalu first floor, which would rather disappoint me. There are also TPV rooms in Aoteaora. The view from there is different than the other TPV views because the building is physically more set back.

I do not know if a booking in a TPV room would make me happy. We had a standard view studio at the Poly last year and were able to see the castle when turning to the side on the balcony. This made me very happy first, but after looking at it a few times the view got old. And I think the castle is what a TPV makes a TPV.

A lagoon view would do the trick for me. The upgrade costs for a TPV are hard to justify. But the views I saw on pictures from Tuvalu third floor with a direct view into the open lagoon are hard to beat, the castle is the icing on the cake then.

There are not a lot non-club rooms with TPV at the Poly. But Disney makes a lot of money with them with prices of more than 1000$ per night during peak times.

Yeah, I hear you. We had many 'magical moments' watching the movies on the beach, DS falling asleep in our arms, (while maybe enjoying a tropical cocktail). Always a pleasant way to end the day.

The fake grass spot now is fine, it just doesn't have that same enjoyment factor for us.
They took the movies off the GF beach too. You’d think with all that fencing, rocks etc that would be enough to keep the beach safe, and children out of the water. I enjoy Disney movies, but sitting on the ground for that long, not so much.

To be honest, I prefer the TPV at CR to the TPV at Poly. TPV at Poly always feels more like just a lagoon view because the park seems so far away. At CR it feels so close. That being said, you do get a good fireworks view at Poly from a TPV room. We stayed there over July 4th a few years ago, and I still watch the video I took of the fireworks. We have done July 4th at CR, and you almost feel like you are in the fireworks, since they are going off so close - it was better to be a little farther back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter