Themed Magic bans.... sold out?

well as unfortunately forecast, I got my MB order today and 3 out of the 4 bands were upgrades. My little guy just got a grey band. I'm on the phone with Disney now to see if we can work this out. I know they may be sold out, but I am seeing about a discount b/c i have to buy one on-site or through shop Disney now. I get that things are out o stock, but to surprise us and only fulfill 1/2 orders w/o the ability to cancel the old order is frankly garbage.

Edit to add: just got off the phone, the CM in IT support cant help me but sent my info over to a support team who will email me in a few days—saying that the band was sold out (obv), they don't know when it will be back in stock, and that there is a system in place to handle this issue. I kinda pressed her and said that I follow the chatter and knew that was the case and all i want is for my son to be able to have a band just like his family's. She said that this will be going to their shop Disney partners for a resolution, but that's all she could say. So I'm taking that as they will offer me a code or discount to buy a replacement through there.

Exact same thing happened to us. They are all correct except DS pirates band came as a plain gray. Off to call them.

Looks like the whole system is wacky as we ordered the plain colored ones and after all this mess I went back to see if ours were still there and ...................nothing, had to repick bla.......did not even try to upgrade as it is just a huge mess and still am involved. So last Friday repicked the original solid colored ones and oddly enough got a shipping notice, I go and look and it has a HM band for me and a white one for my wife......??? I did not place an order for a upgraded band, our trip is not until Aug, it will be interesting to see what is in the box......I could care less as long as they work........what a mess....

Looks like the whole system is wacky as we ordered the plain colored ones and after all this mess I went back to see if ours were still there and ...................nothing, had to repick bla.......did not even try to upgrade as it is just a huge mess and still am involved. So last Friday repicked the original solid colored ones and oddly enough got a shipping notice, I go and look and it has a HM band for me and a white one for my wife......??? I did not place an order for a upgraded band, our trip is not until Aug, it will be interesting to see what is in the box......I could care less as long as they work........what a mess....
also, check if you got charged. My wife tells me that there hasn't been a charge put on the card yet and we got ours today. We are watching it b/c originally it was supposed to be a $40 charge, but now should only be $30 b/c of the missing band—but so far there's been no charge at all.

also, check if you got charged. My wife tells me that there hasn't been a charge put on the card yet and we got ours today. We are watching it b/c originally it was supposed to be a $40 charge, but now should only be $30 b/c of the missing band—but so far there's been no charge at all.

There in lays the oddity as we NEVER placed and order for specialty bands but MDE shows 1 and a white one, odd as I dont remember white as a choice??

I’ve been on hold for 90 minutes...I’m amused at this point and refuse to hang up! Lol
We ordered ours on day 1, so I'm assuming there are a lot of upset/confused people opening their white boxed Disney mail today.

I ordered a custom one for my DD and opted for the standard ones for both myself and my DH, got the confirmation email and it was charged to my card, but I’m in Canada and will receive ours when we arrive in September. I can’t get into the page to even see if the custom one is attached to my DDs name, but the MDW still shows a yellow one ( the one we originally had chosen)

Hopefully it will be waiting for her when we arrive 😳

I went back and read the confirmation email again. mine said the same. Says that they will be sent out approximately 10 days prior to our trip. I certainly hope they have the bands I chose at that time. They definitely charged me the $20. Will tick me off a bit if they don’t, since I bought them the morning they opened sales on them.
My nephew already got the ones for our November trip

I ordered three custom bands on 5/20. One of them is also not showing an image, but there is a number showing it is activated. The other two have images. I am really curious what it means that there is no image. Received shipping notice, and tracking info shows a Tuesday delivery.

Seeing the same thing here. I ordered 4 back on the day they were announced. 2 standard and 2 custom. I've been charged $21.20, but my wife's image shows a blank white circle. (Kids already have custom bands from past trips, so they just show the free colored ones I picked). I also received a shipping notice and they are set to arrive this Friday. Waiting patiently........

Seeing the same thing here. I ordered 4 back on the day they were announced. 2 standard and 2 custom. I've been charged $21.20, but my wife's image shows a blank white circle. (Kids already have custom bands from past trips, so they just show the free colored ones I picked). I also received a shipping notice and they are set to arrive this Friday. Waiting patiently........
Our band with the blank image arrived correct yesterday. Fingers crossed for you!

Hip Hip Hooray! Our bands came today and both are the correct upgrade. DH got Darth Vader and I got the white one with the castle, Mickey and the words “Most Magical Place on Earth.” So excited because we have never gotten anything but the plain ones every trip. They both look great! Now we just have to wait 129 days to get this party started!

I ordered 4 upgraded bands the afternoon that they went on sale and got an email confirmation. Noticed a day or so later on MDE that 2 showed up correctly, one was a blank circle, and one showed a green band. They came in the mail 5 days later and the ones that looked correct and the one with a blank circle all came as the correct bands we ordered, the one that had showed as a green band came as the green band and not the sorcerer mickey my son had picked. I called MDE and talked to them, they were able to have me re-order my sons band, but the mickey he chose was OOS in their warehouse as was his second choice, so i ended up getting him a genie one. Not as good as his top choice that he was excited about, but better than him with plain green and the rest of us with custom ones. When one went OOS they just sent a plain one, they didn't notify anyone to ask about a different choice vs, backordered, etc.... Also, I initially had a pending cc charge for the $40 plus tax, and at some point between ordering and shipping that disappeared and I haven't had any final charge post. I did get a pending $10.60 charge for the second one I ordered for my son separately after calling. So we will be charged for either 1, 4, or 5 to get 4 upgrade bands I'm not sure which yet.

Then, just to add insult to injury they showed all bands as available again this AM. I saw that info on here and immediately went and ordered the castle one for my AP band. I then immediately went to the separate order that was for my 2 sons' APs, chose one, and when I tried to choose for the second son started getting an error message and to call for every band I chose. Not too much longer they took all but the plain colored ones off again. I did get a confirmation for my castle band, and it shows correctly on MDE, so I am hopeful I will get it. But they went OOS on all of the rest within 2-3 hrs. I was talking with the CM while I reordered my son's MD from the first order, and she was able to check stock on the ones I asked about and they were out of a lot so I assume it was a stock issue again.

Come on, Disney! This isn't your first rodeo!

FWIW: I just received confirmation today that my magic band I ordered on Monday 5-20, the day they went on sale, was shipped out today. I was given a tracking number to track my shipment. My vacation isn't until September. I will post when my magic band arrives.

My nephew already got the ones for our November trip
We are arriving mid November as well, and our magic bands are supposed to be here on Friday. One HM, one plain red. Hope that's what we get! No charge on our CC yet.

Ours, for the first part of a split stay, arrived yesterday. When I ordered, I had chosen two magic bands with characters, and my order appeared to have gone through. When I later received an email confirmation, it showed one upgraded magic band and one solid color. I was upset, but luckily it was a split stay, so I went back and placed another order (one upgraded magic band and one solid color). That order appeared to have gone through. I have not receive a shipping confirmation for this order (I did for the other; placed on the same day). My trip is at the end of July. My credit card hasn’t been charged yet for either order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter