TheNeverEndingPTR! Sept2010...no, November...WAIT! January?Ugh. maybe September 2011!

:laughing: Yes, on the DIS everyone tells me to write a book and in my daily life, friends tell me I need to be a WDW planner or travel agent! :lmao:

Maybe that would help FUND my Disney addiction?!?!?

Right now I'm on a rampage, doing search after search, trying to find people or reports of that last week of September. I know it's not a busy time, but I also know that the DAYS you choose have a lot to do with it.

I've seen people who went the same week(not September, just TR's in general) and one of them thought it was pretty busy and the other thought it was dead, I know this is b/c of the day they chose to go to the parks.

I'm stressing b/c our first day I want to do MK. It just doesn't seem like WDW if I don't do MK first! Well, that's going to be a Sunday. Last year on that Sunday (I believe it was Sept. 27th), they did NOT have MNSSHP even though they usually do on Sundays? AND it was EMH in the evening. That's better than AM EMH. I will not go to AM EMH, I think they are more crowded than just going to an park at regular opening. Anyway, I'm worried about MK on a Sunday but I know Monday will be worse and even leaving a day early would put us there on a Saturday which wouldn't be better either. Sigh. :confused3

See how I overthink things??? :rolleyes1

Hello, I'm reading too!! Your trip report was fun to read and I'm also enjoying your new pre-trip. I was at WDW this year from September 26th - October 3 with free dining. It was extremely HOT!! I'm from Idaho and we have no humidity so that was difficult to get used to. Our first day was at MK and it was on a Sunday. Other than our last day at Epcot this was the most crowded day. This was my first trip to WDW so I have no comparision to crowds but we thought the crowds were pretty low. The waits for rides was pretty good, maybe 10 or 20 mins. The wait was always less than the sign said. :cool1:

The worst crowds we encountered the whole week was for our ADRs. We always had to wait 45 mins or longer before we got seated. But with free dining I wasn't too surprised. But it did get a bit annoying after a few days.

Jodi

Guess who joined the dis- shocking. :rotfl:

Bwahahahahaaaaaaaaaaa! :lmao:

Ok, when you are done with the Nutcracker, you must call me or we have to get together. An emergency F&W change issue!

For those of you following along, Hope is my friend who is going at the same time as we are. We have been planning like mad.

Looks like we will have more planning b/c there is conflicting info on whether the F&W will start on the last weekend of Sept. 2010 after all! The Disney site actually says Oct. 1-Nov. 14 instead of Sept. 24-Nov. 7th like on the pamphlet handed out for 2009 F&W.

This throws everything I have planned out the window as we will have to try and spend Friday (our last park day) at the opening of F&W. Rey is bummed about not having F&W going on the whole time.

Anyway, we'll have to have 2 itineraries until they release the date for F&W 2010. Now part of me is annoyed, but the part of me that likes to plan??? Well... :rolleyes1

Hello, I'm reading too!! Your trip report was fun to read and I'm also enjoying your new pre-trip. I was at WDW this year from September 26th - October 3 with free dining. It was extremely HOT!! I'm from Idaho and we have no humidity so that was difficult to get used to. Our first day was at MK and it was on a Sunday. Other than our last day at Epcot this was the most crowded day. This was my first trip to WDW so I have no comparision to crowds but we thought the crowds were pretty low. The waits for rides was pretty good, maybe 10 or 20 mins. The wait was always less than the sign said. :cool1:

The worst crowds we encountered the whole week was for our ADRs. We always had to wait 45 mins or longer before we got seated. But with free dining I wasn't too surprised. But it did get a bit annoying after a few days.

Jodi

Jodi, thank you for the info! I'm concerned about doing MK on Sunday, but it's our first day and no matter how I move things around, my dd (and I) are pretty adamant about going to MK on our first day. I just don't know what to do about it! Even if we arrived a day earlier or later we would be heading to MK on bad days. :confused3

Why, oh why, Disney, must you mess with my plans??? :sad2:

Other than having my first day at MK on a Sunday (not an optimal day for crowds), the rest of my week looked perfect! We would spend mid-week at Epcot and the F&W wouldn't be as busy, I had it all planned out.

So then I'm looking at the WDW site and see that they have F&W listed to start on OCTOBER 1st?!?!?!? I called and was told that the "official word" is that it's still starting Sept. 24, but that doesn't really make me feel better. Why would the site say October 1st? Me thinks they are doing to change the dates on us. :scared:

So I rip out my schedule and start moving things around. *grumble*

You know how when you have everything all set up and scheduled perfectly and then a wrench gets thrown into it? It was not easy changing it and now we have to spend our only full day at World Showcase on the opening day of F&W! It's our last day and Rey really wants to go to F&W. He was pretty disappointed when I told him it wouldn't be going on all week.

I tried to extend my days, change when we arrived and left...it just doesn't work. I did call up and add 2 days to my reservation, but I know I won't keep them, it jacked the price up almost 1000$???? Probably b/c they have the ddp on there as well.

Anyway, I have a new "contingency" plan for if they change the F&W dates and the CM said they were going to contact the web people to see why it was listed as Oct. 1st, but I'm guessing it's not a mistake. It was even extended out a week into November. I just hope they officially announce it before the end of March, that is when I need to make my ADR's and they will be different depending on which schedule I use.

Ah, here is another answer I got from someone that has a recent Epcot guide, that pretty much confirms it: "On the current EPCOT Holidays Around the World festival guide, the dates are listed from October 1 - November 14."

I guess if I wasn't a planner and just winged it, I wouldn't be having this problem! :laughing:

I'll leave you with a picture that is related to my ranting...
here I am with 2 margarita's at F&W (Rey didn't want his, I'm not THAT big of a lush to order two...at once!) :laughing:
WDW20093188a-1.jpg

WDW20091736a.jpg

Look on the bright side- now we get to do more planning. ;)

Oh, no! I was really looking forward to the F&W festival as we've never been! We are planning to leave WDW on Oct. 1....bummer:sad2:

Oh, no! I was really looking forward to the F&W festival as we've never been! We are planning to leave WDW on Oct. 1....bummer:sad2:

I know! I understand they have to change things, but I think it's awful that they printed the Sept. 24-Nov.7 dates on the 2009 F&W pamphlet and THEN changed it. They should have known long before that or they shouldn't have changed it. Even the CM's are confused about it, but it looks like on the newest pamphlet and website the dates HAVE changed.

Savannah is really sick today, she's got ear infections in both ears and we just got back from the Doctor. Hope everyone else out there is staying healthy!

Revision 238... :laughing:

Ok, since we had the F&W "glitch", I needed to move things around. It's not perfect as I really don't WANT to go to the first day of F&W, especially since it's our only WS day and last time Rey didn't see ANYTHING INSIDE the countries as all and I was hoping we could spend a fair amount of time in WS NOT doing F&W. I've scheduled the whole day though, so hopefully it will be ok.

Here's what I have so far:

Saturday, September 25-
Flight to Orlando
settle in/explore ASMU
DTD & Disneyquest
CS diner Wolfgang Puck Express

Sunday, September 26-
MK rope drop
CP breakfast before RD
Boma dinner

Monday, September 27-
DHS rope drop
CS Starring Rolls for me/Studio Catering for everyone else
Ferry to Epcot WS? or mid-day break and then to WS
TS Biergarten dinner

Tuesday, September 28-
Animal Kingdome RD
TS Tusker House lunch
TS Ohana dinner-late

Wednesday, September 29-
Epcot Future World rope drop
CS Sunshine Seasons (w/Hope!) :goodvibes
Girls Kim Possible mission before break to swim/rest
TS dinner Park Fare
monorail to MK for Spectro/Wishes

Thursday, September 30-
sleep in a *little*
Blizzard Beach
back to ASMU to rest/get changed
MNSSHP
CS dinner Columbia Harbo House

Friday, Oct. 1-
sleep in from late party!
Epcot F&W opening day!
Chef's de France early lunch (11-11:30)
WS rest of the day
F&W dinner with snack credits
Illuminations

Saturday, Oct.2-
pack, check out
DTD
CS Earl of Sandwich
any leftover snacks at Goofy's
LATE flight home

Argh, I'm so torn right now. I have enough money to buy my lens for myself for a Christmas gift, OR, I can make another payment on the reservation. I don't know what to do! I think this will be a common theme and I have to wonder WHEN I will get the lens if I'm always choosing to make a payment? BUT, I could work towards getting the room paid off and THEN get the lens in late spring? Of course then I'll have to be coming up with airfare, ticket, and spending money. Hmmmm

AND, b/c I don't have a new lens, I haven't been taking pictures so I have nothing new to share with you. BAD Karen! :rolleyes:

I've been requesting DISigns for t-shirts already, I'm going to try VERY hard not to make 50 shirts this time, but I can't help it! To make matters worse, I've decided that I am going to decorate the window at ASMU! That's even MORE designs! :laughing: I do have our "Theme" if that's what you call it, for 2010. We all love Nightmare Before Christmas and this will be our first family trip with ALL of us, it will only be our 3rd vacation ever, but our FIRST with Eli and just "US". So, I found a quote from Nightmare that fits us, I'm putting it on our window and on a shirt: "For it is plain, as anyone can see. We're simply meant to be."
:lovestruc

I'm sure my family will think I'm nuts...not that they don't already!
It's official...I'm certifiable. :ccat:

Did I mention it's FREEZING here?!?!? 6 degrees this morning. Yep. So I was looking through my pictures trying to find something "WARM" to post and this is the best I could come up with...this would warm ME up, I don't know about you! :p
Image00017.jpg

I've been requesting DISigns for t-shirts already, I'm going to try VERY hard not to make 50 shirts this time, but I can't help it! To make matters worse, I've decided that I am going to decorate the window at ASMU! That's even MORE designs! :laughing:

YOU can't help it!! Now you've got ME hooked- I just counted it all up and I think I'm going to be making about 40 shirts for six people! :rotfl:

Not to mention the envelopes, treats for the kids, autograph books, passports... Okay, back to the disign boards. :surfweb:

Hi Karen, Hope and everyone else!!!

Karen, I loved, loved, loved your trip report and I am enjoying this pretrip report. I agree with the others who think you should write a book --- you make us feel as though we know you personally!!:goodvibes As you can see by my counter, I'll be there at the same time with my DD11 (she'll be 12 then). This is our last hurrah as just Mama and daughter as I just got engaged to a wonderful man! Would you believe that since I already had this upcoming trip planned in my head, I'm putting off the wedding for one year so I can go to Disney??? --- well, c'mon ---- I already had Disney in mind for 2010, not a wedding!!! Besides, a wedding in 2011 will give us another excuse to go to Disney AGAIN!!!! :banana: Anyways, I am really looking forward to reading your updates!!! You have a beautiful family! OH, and cat, too! (I have 3 of my own and am babysitting another one while a coworker is in Iraq). Ok, fine....I'll admit to the number of animals --- 1 dog, 3 cats, 8 rabbits, 6 guinea pigs and 1 hamster! Yes, I live out in the country!!! :rotfl:

Hi! Everything looks good!

Don't guote me on it but I'm pretty sure last year when we went to MNSSHP, Columbia Harbor House was closed.

Thursday, September 30-
sleep in a *little*
Blizzard Beach
back to ASMU to rest/get changed
MNSSHP
CS dinner Columbia Harbo House

OH, I forgot to ask ---- I think in one of your posts yhou mentioned making your own pressed penny folder....or am I dreaming???? Are there instructions on the Dis creative boards????:flower3:

Hi Karen, Hope and everyone else!!!

Karen, I loved, loved, loved your trip report and I am enjoying this pretrip report. I agree with the others who think you should write a book --- you make us feel as though we know you personally!!:goodvibes As you can see by my counter, I'll be there at the same time with my DD11 (she'll be 12 then). This is our last hurrah as just Mama and daughter as I just got engaged to a wonderful man! Would you believe that since I already had this upcoming trip planned in my head, I'm putting off the wedding for one year so I can go to Disney??? --- well, c'mon ---- I already had Disney in mind for 2010, not a wedding!!! Besides, a wedding in 2011 will give us another excuse to go to Disney AGAIN!!!! :banana: Anyways, I am really looking forward to reading your updates!!! You have a beautiful family! OH, and cat, too! (I have 3 of my own and am babysitting another one while a coworker is in Iraq). Ok, fine....I'll admit to the number of animals --- 1 dog, 3 cats, 8 rabbits, 6 guinea pigs and 1 hamster! Yes, I live out in the country!!! :rotfl:

Hi Ann!!!!!! Welcome to my PTR! I'm so glad you liked my TR. :goodvibes ABSOLUTELY I get why you would put off a wedding, especially for a mother/daughter trip! Oh what I wouldn't give to do one of those, but don't tell the rest of my family! ;) It just seems like it would be wonderful to just have 2 of us, no one else to slow us down (we're both commando girls!) or who doesn't like the rides we like, etc. I hope you have a wonderful time! Where are you staying, have you decided yet?

Congrats on your engagement, does he love Disney or will you have to convert him? It's easily done if need be, Rey only took 2 1/2 days! :laughing: Will the honeymoon be at WDW?!?!?

I'm glad you are reading! :lovestruc

Hi! Everything looks good!

Don't guote me on it but I'm pretty sure last year when we went to MNSSHP, Columbia Harbor House was closed.

Ooooh, I will have to check. I do plan on getting there around 4pm, we can get in then even though the party doesn't start until 7pm. If it's closed during the party I will have to make sure we go straight there and eat before party time. We had the same issue with Cosmic Rays closing part of their food area during the party (the ONLY part that had a vegetarian item...except a veggie burger) the first time my dd & I were there with friends in 2008.

OH, I forgot to ask ---- I think in one of your posts yhou mentioned making your own pressed penny folder....or am I dreaming???? Are there instructions on the Dis creative boards????:flower3:

Ah, no pressed penny folder (but that's a GREAT idea!...Hope???) I had made penny rolls out of mini M&M tubes, that's probably what you read!

Oh and I have more than 1 cat...I have 2 cats and 2 dogs. Now...this may seem like a lot less than you, BUT, I implore you...do you have a really large dumb Boxer who likes to escape the yard? A polydactyl cat with extra thumbs who likes to open doors on his own? A japanese bobcat with no tail who licks anything made of plastic? Oh no, you are making me want to post photos of them! ;)

But that will have to wait...the next photo I post will be with MY NEW LENS!!!!! :woohoo: That's right folks, I got a Christmas bonus from a client and it pushed me over the edge! I ordered the 35mm lens today and it should arrive by next Thursday...THEN you will see lots of photos. Until then you will have to wait patiently. At least SOMEONE will be waiting patiently! :rolleyes:

Hey Karen,

Yes, the honeymoon will most definitely be in Disney ---- is there anywhere else? Although I think it will be a quick honeymoon weekend here in Maine and then a family trip for the 3 of us to Disney!!! Nope, he's never been to Disney, so I will have to convert him. (after all, he'll come to realize it will be at least an every other year trip!!!) :rotfl: We are staying at the Pop Century with (hopefully) free dining. We'll see. I love going on trips with just my girl and I. I've been divorced and single for 6 years now, so we have lots of practice being "just girls having fun!":cheer2::cheer2:

Yes, we all must see your cats!!! And the dumb boxer --- I have a dumb yellow lab, but she's really sweet!!!! Congrats on the new lens!!!

Ah, no pressed penny folder (but that's a GREAT idea!...Hope???)

I'm ordering my pressed penny folders on eBay (they have lots for super cheap so I'm willing to share my source ;) ). I'm just doing plain, non-Disney ones because the kids already have lots of these on other vacations (yep, I go to places other than WDW :scared1: ) and will just put them all in the same folder. Of course if you wanted you could cover the folders bought online- hmm, maybe when I get the mine and get the dimensions I'll see if someone can do a personalized non-Disney cover. :rolleyes1

I've created a MONSTER. My job here is done. :lmao:

You have NO idea- today I made a to do list of all the things I need to make/buy/book by MONTH so I can be sure to get it all done but not too soon so that I still have things to look forward to. :rotfl2:

ETA: I just made three tables to outline my t-shirt plans! One with disigns for each person, one with colors everyone will need, and one matching disigns to colors. heehee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter