TheNeverEndingPTR! Sept2010...no, November...WAIT! January?Ugh. maybe September 2011!

Another fun day! I love that mousekeeping set up Savannah's stuffed animals. :cutie: Kya's taking her stuffed Stitch when we go and I'll have to remember to leave it with the tip and hope they do something fun with it.

20 minutes in line at Flametree! :scared1: I think we may need a back-up plan for lunch just in case. I rearranged our schedule a bit and plan to eat between the 10:30 Nemo show and the 12:00 FoL show, which only gives us about 1/2 an hour before we need to be in line. I guess we could eat in line if we needed to. :confused3

I can't wait to read about your next day at AK. I know you love EE and I want to hear about the first time you got to ride it. :goodvibes

Another fun day! I love that mousekeeping set up Savannah's stuffed animals. :cutie: Kya's taking her stuffed Stitch when we go and I'll have to remember to leave it with the tip and hope they do something fun with it.

20 minutes in line at Flametree! :scared1: I think we may need a back-up plan for lunch just in case. I rearranged our schedule a bit and plan to eat between the 10:30 Nemo show and the 12:00 FoL show, which only gives us about 1/2 an hour before we need to be in line. I guess we could eat in line if we needed to. :confused3

I can't wait to read about your next day at AK. I know you love EE and I want to hear about the first time you got to ride it. :goodvibes

Wait, you confused me. So you are going to Nemo at 10:30, which will be over at 11:15, right? Then when is the FoW show? I thought it was a 1pm show, did they change the times? I don't think you'll have to eat in line, there was no line for FoW, BTW, they just open it up a bit before and people head in and find seats.

I have no idea why there were such large lines when M.A. was getting our drinks, maybe she will remember? It was around lunch, but I think it might have been around noon or later b/c we had a late breakfast and an ADR at 2pm at Tusker, so we just wanted drinks at the time to cool off.

Wait, you confused me. So you are going to Nemo at 10:30, which will be over at 11:15, right? Then when is the FoW show? I thought it was a 1pm show, did they change the times? I don't think you'll have to eat in line, there was no line for FoW, BTW, they just open it up a bit before and people head in and find seats.

I have no idea why there were such large lines when M.A. was getting our drinks, maybe she will remember? It was around lunch, but I think it might have been around noon or later b/c we had a late breakfast and an ADR at 2pm at Tusker, so we just wanted drinks at the time to cool off.

Yes, FoW is at 1 but we're going to the 12 FotLK (I was in a hurry before and left out a few letters, lol). It will be pushing it to get to the 1 FoW show but there's another at 2 if we miss it. I was trying to arrange it so we'd be at Camp Minnie Mickey during the 2:30 FotLK show so the lines would be short and then we'd just leave right after. I was also trying to move Kali closer to the end of the day. The kids will be wearing flip flops (so will I but I'm staying on dry land with my camera, lol) but Robbie has tennis shoes and walking around in wet shoes all afternoon would be a pain. (He's bringing an extra pair so he can dry them out if he needs to.) So, I'm still playing around a bit with the AK schedule. :rolleyes1

Well, I caught up right as your flashback trip is winding down. I love it, what a great idea! I especially love that picture itinerary and the fact that you brought pictures of Rey and the boys to take pictures of! Hillarious!

Homeschool days sound like a lot of fun, although I can imagine that it was difficult not going on the rides! It's so cool that they do something like that though!

It sounds like such an amazing trip (meltdowns aside, of course!)! I love reading about it, it's just the complete definition of disney magic!

Well, I caught up right as your flashback trip is winding down. I love it, what a great idea! I especially love that picture itinerary and the fact that you brought pictures of Rey and the boys to take pictures of! Hillarious!

Homeschool days sound like a lot of fun, although I can imagine that it was difficult not going on the rides! It's so cool that they do something like that though!

It sounds like such an amazing trip (meltdowns aside, of course!)! I love reading about it, it's just the complete definition of disney magic!

Thanks!!! I'm glad you are still reading! I hope things are going ok, I need to pop over to yours now that I'm finishing up with this flashback! :goodvibes

AK-nonEMH morning
Tuesday, Sept. 16th, our last day at WDW! Woke up after a good sleep (finally! and typical...the last day) :rolleyes:

We finished packing and had our luggage taken to storage for the day while we headed to AK. Sigh...
WDW20081349.jpg

When we got there, you know where I went first, right?!?!? :woohoo: I headed to EE to get Fastpasses! M.A. And the girls headed over to the Safari to wait for me.

WDW20081357.jpg

I enjoyed my time going to Everest. The park was pretty empty and I took lots of pics. Here's your crowd pics Hope!
WDW20081362.jpg

WDW20081364.jpg

I turned around and THERE was Lora. She's an old friend that I hadn't seen in a long time, but it's funny b/c when we were close friends she was a HUGE WDW fan (this was when I didn't get it! LOL) and a DIS member as well. I had seen on the DIS that we were going on the same dates (that in itself was amazing that we were going to be at WDW at the same time and it wasn't planned) but seriously didn't think I would see her in a park! We hugged and chatted briefly, I told her I was scared to go on Everest, she told me her daughter rides it and they had just gone twice. I could do this!

I headed back towards the Safari!
WDW20081378.jpg

It was nice, I loved seeing the animals in as about as natural a setting as you can get in captivity. It was nearly impossible to get pics though b/c it was bumpy and we were moving!
WDW20081381.jpg

WDW20081390.jpg

WDW20081396.jpg

After the Safari, we headed over to EE!
WDW20081408.jpg

I was scared of this ride, I admit it! I hadn't been on a big rollercoaster since I was a teenager. When I saw that it goes straight up, I figured it would be like at sixflags and go straight down into a drop (drops are my downfall...no pun, of course!) :p It had lots of fast rollercoaster dips and turns, going backwards in the dark...it was a blast! Savannah loved it! It's my favorite, even when it makes my teeth hurt (no clue why it does this!)

We went right to Dinosaur after that. Cooled off a bit. Jerky ride, but fun. I can understand little bitty kids being scared, but don't understand how adults can be scared? Are they afraid the dinosaurs are real???? :laugh:

After that it was a mission to escape the heat, I think. We went to Bug's Life. It was cute and funny, but scary at one point with spiders coming down from the ceiling. Not scary for us, but I heard some kids crying and felt bad for them.

We went in search of some food after Bugs Life, but had a really hard time finding anything for Savannah or myself. :rolleyes: Tusker House was there, but we had already eaten there the previous day. Lots of burgers and junk, but nothing us. We finally found a stand with fruit and pretzels and I paid 16$ for a bit of fruit and it wasn't even good. Blech. Enough to fill the stomach a bit (well, the pretzel I had was)

We decide to go to Rafiki's Planet Watch next. We jumped on the train for the ride. During the ride, you can see the area's where they keep the animals and let them get a rest from being out in the safari area, I really liked that.

WDW20081472.jpg

When we arrived, we followed a nature trail to the main building. We noticed that they had a homeschool station set up here(it was 2 days for the hs days), so we decided to see what they were doing. They took us behind the building where no one is allowed for our activity!

WDW20081439.jpg

It was a guessing game where each girl had to ask questions to figure out which bug the other girl had picked. They liked it and played it a few times b/c we got so hot we needed to get out of the sun.

WDW20081444.jpg

I was baffled by this dog walk sign. There's no dogs allowed at WDW (at least by visitors) and I didn't see any dogs at the conservation station? It was behind the scenes, so maybe for workers??
WDW20081442.jpg

Even behind the scenes things look nice at WDW. After the homeschool activity, we came out into the main area outside and there was the talking recycling bin. FUNNY!!!! What's his name again? It escapes me.
I was trying to take a pic and he had to keep telling a kid to get out of the way. Then he squealed "CHEEEEEESE" while I took the pic. :laughing:

WDW20081456.jpg

We went inside and separated for a bit. M.A. wanted to do more homeschool-y stuff with Isabella and didn't want the girls distracting each other. Savannah & I went in a sound room where you put on headphones and head the sounds of the rainforest. The sound is amazing! It's like right there in the room with you. There were a couple times I turned my head b/c it sounded like something was right behind me (think Leopard!)

Savannah loved the green snake they had and we enjoyed looking at everything and seeing where they did exams, etc. with the animals.

WDW20081460.jpg

We met back up with them a little while later and the girls threw coins into the fountain (all donated to helping the animals)
WDW20081467.jpg

Then they went out to the petting zoo area, which was decent, considering it was a petting zoo. Not my favorite kind of place. It was back down the trail and onto the train we went, back towards Kali River Rapids for one more ride! :thumbsup2

This time I got to go through the regular line and take more pics!
WDW20081481.jpg

WDW20081488.jpg

Good grief, I needed a new camera! Thank goodness I got one before our 2009 trip!

It still wasn't much of a wait, and I got my revenge! I knew it wouldn't be me getting wet today. Odds were on my side! *Mwwwahhhhahahahahahahaaaaa*!!!! M.A. and Savannah were dripping wet, totally soaked by the end of the ride. Isabella was pretty wet as well. Karma baby. ;)

WDW20081493.jpg

We knew we didn't have too much time left, so we started towards the gates, but stopped for a walk through the Maharaja Trek. Seeing the tiger bugged me a bit, I don't care for animals in captivity too much, but they seemed well cared for and had a lot of space. I liked the pathways themselves though, beautiful and lots of photo opportunities.
WDW20081517.jpg

Our last stop was ice cream on the way out! It was 3:30 and we headed back to Pop for the last time.
WDW20081525-1.jpg

We got out bags out and sat in the kids waiting room after changing into clean clothes in the bathroom.
They made us check in with the bus to take us to the airport FOUR hours before our flight left. I guess they want to make sure you aren't late!

WDW20081528.jpg

We took the bus back to the airport, had dinner, and waited for our 8:45pm flight from Orlando back to St. Louis. The flight was nearly empty and quiet. Savannah & I sat together and M.A. and Isabella sat together so the girls could get some rest. We arrived with no problems in St. Louis and before the baggage had finished unloading, they called us to tell us that Savannah's bag had been sent to Baltimore by accident. ooops!

Southwest was really good about it, got our address and fedex'd it the next day to our house, no harm, no foul! We took the shuttle to car parking to retrieve M.A's car and drove the 1 1/2 hour drive home. She dropped us off right around midnight and it was so nice to be home and be greeted by Rey and the boys standing in the driveway waiting to carry in our bags (and Savannah) :lovestruc

It was a great trip and Savannah and I still talk about it ALL the time, remembering little things, talking about what we liked most. A great first trip and there's just something special about the first trip, I think we'll always compare things to that trip. I know Savannah MUST have certain things just like the first trip: DTD the first night, Volcano at Rainforest Cafe, Dumbo as the first ride at MK. I hope we can go back and do a girls trip again some time, I told Savannah for her 16th birthday she could take 2 friends and we would go...maybe I should have MY girlfriends come as well! ;)

*ahem* You should DEFINATELY have your friends come as well!

*ahem* You should DEFINATELY have your friends come as well!

Can you imagine?!?! I think the men in our lives might be slightly annoyed by an all-girls trip (I'm thinking my boys, Rey, & Jace...not so much Robbie! LOL) but maybe after they have all gone and a few years down the road, it won't seem like such a big deal! It's never too soon to plan, that's my motto! ;)

Can you imagine?!?! I think the men in our lives might be slightly annoyed by an all-girls trip (I'm thinking my boys, Rey, & Jace...not so much Robbie! LOL) but maybe after they have all gone and a few years down the road, it won't seem like such a big deal! It's never too soon to plan, that's my motto! ;)

I'll send Jace off on all boy adventure with Robbie. ;) You could do the same for Rey and your boys. Heck by the time Savannah turns 16 won't the boys be old enough for Rey to take them to Vegas. :rolleyes1

I'll send Jace off on all boy adventure with Robbie. ;) You could do the same for Rey and your boys. Heck by the time Savannah turns 16 won't the boys be old enough for Rey to take them to Vegas. :rolleyes1

OMG, you are right! I read that to Rey and he said "They won't be old enough yet? Right?" and I told them that when Savannah is 16, Dallas will be 21 and Dylan will be 22...he kinda freaked out on that! :eek:

Sounds like a plan to me!!!!! :woohoo:

Who plans a trip 6 years in advance??? Me! It official, certifiable. :hyper:

OMG, you are right! I read that to Rey and he said "They won't be old enough yet? Right?" and I told them that when Savannah is 16, Dallas will be 21 and Dylan will be 22...he kinda freaked out on that! :eek:

Sounds like a plan to me!!!!! :woohoo:

Who plans a trip 6 years in advance??? Me! It official, certifiable. :hyper:

If you start making our touring plans THEN you'd be certifiable. :rotfl:

What a great end to your trip! I love the girls shirts! It sounds like an amazing first trip. I think it's so cute that you told Savannah that she could take some friends when she turns 16. How fun would that be?

Hi, Karen! I can’t believe I am just now subbing – I mean, considering the fun I have been having watching you and Hope plan on her PTR! :) I read your TR and just loved the way you told the story and the pics were great! I also really liked those placemats – what a great idea! I think I may make some myself so that we can have a little Disney on our table every day. OK, going back to read some more…I’m only on page 5 now :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter