There should be a DVC App already

I’m just saying, can we have an app already or what? thanks for coming to my TedTalk.
I agree. Everything has an app these days. I’ve never had issues with MDE app and would love one for DVC. Face ID for quick log on and push notifications for new announcements.

Face ID works with my mobile login. I just hate when it freezes up and doesn't display my dashboard- mobile or desktop.

Well I would think push notifications of availability? Wishful thinking.… I know
Thanks for responding - I was genuinely curious ... Push notifications on availability would be an interesting feature but also could be done without an app as well (via email). Might be easier to accept it via an app maybe - don't know.

Tech is my life, but even I don't see much need for a mobile app. Mobile browsers are so good now, if a site is well designed you don't gain much with a native app. Native apps are great when you want to tap into the features of a phone like GPS, accelerometer, etc or sophisticated graphics and layouts. DVC site is just a UI over a database.

Well I would think push notifications of availability? Wishful thinking.… I know
Hmm, i turn notifications off on a lot of applications.

What availability would you want notification(s) for? I believe you get an email if waitlist is fulfilled.

Hmm, i turn notifications off on a lot of applications.

What availability would you want notification(s) for? I believe you get an email if waitlist is fulfilled.
Good question…. I think a great perk for DVC could be dining reservations that become available during your stay, maybe notifications of events while you are on property… anything else you think?

I don't see that as being practical for the same reason we don;t allow availability to be posted on our Rental Board. Availability literally changes minute by minute. The same with dining or any other event that requires reservations. And dining would require full interface with MDE, which would lead to even more potential problems.

I don't see that as being practical for the same reason we don;t allow availability to be posted on our Rental Board. Availability literally changes minute by minute. The same with dining or any other event that requires reservations. And dining would require full interface with MDE, which would lead to even more potential problems.
Probably not practical, but when on property a notification that one of my favorite restaurants became available would be nice!

Probably not practical, but when on property a notification that one of my favorite restaurants became available would be nice!
But that doesn't require a DVC App, that could be handled by MDE, and even so, if someting popped up, but the time you respomded to the notification, it would likely be gone anyway, as busy as the partks are most of the time now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter