There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow!~ a Magical May trip report! *Updated 7/11 X2 Pg 9*

Day 03
Dining with Sonny
Magic Kingdom Day One/Part III

While in TOMORROWLAND
Visit Cosmic Ray’s STARLIGHT CAFE
The FIRST Earth Restaurant Franchise from OUTER SPACE!
Now Appearing in the STARLIGHT ROOM
The BOSSA SUPERNOVA and ECLIPSO
Musical Stylings of SONNY ECLIPSE
on the ASTRO ORGAN!”

When I left off, James and I were getting hungry. Or maybe we were way past hungry and starting to get a little hangry. I remember sitting somewhere and discussing our lunch choices. I used James’ phone to pull up the Disney app, and I read off some places such as Pecos Bill, Columbia Harbour House, Pinocchio Village Haus, and Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Cafe.

I had eaten at all of them before. Pecos Bill for some brief french fries during Wishes the very first night of my first Disney trip in 2012. We were having so much fun riding everything that we had forgotten to eat! A different day at Magic Kingdom that trip we ate at Cosmic Ray’s. I remember it being loud, crowded, and basic fast food. Then both Columbia Harbour House and Pinocchio’s during my 2014 trip with my sister. We sat right in front of the window overlooking Small World when we ate at Pinocchio’s and the food was really good. We also loved our meal at the Harbour House since it was a healthy change from the normal counter service choices.

Neither James nor I were in the mood for Mexican, and we had Italian planned for Sunday night at Tony’s and had pizza the night before. I also knew James would have trouble finding something to eat at Columbia Harbour House. I let James choose, and he picked Cosmic Ray’s.
We headed over there. It looked the same from what I remembered and we ordered our food with no problem. We both got the “Barbecued Pork Sandwich with choice of Green Beans or French Fries….$11.99”

I told James’ I’d go find us a spot and he could meet me there when the food was ready. I headed down the ramp and found one table open right against a wall (if you were standing on the balcony overlooking all the tables we were right below that) which was nice not being surrounded by other tables.

I took in my surroundings as I waited for James. I loved the creature (Ray?) who sang and entertained. What a fun atmosphere! I don’t know what my non-Disney obsessed 18 year old self was thinking. This place rocked!

I looked up the singer. It’s Sonny Eclipse (duhh how could I forget that!?) and this is what Disney Wiki has to say,

“Sonny Eclipse is an audio-animatronic singer who plays an astro-organ found exclusively in Walt Disney World. More specifically, he is found in the restaurant Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe in Magic Kingdom. He provides jazz music for the guests in the Starlight Lounge while they eat. His whole audio loop is roughly 25 minutes.”

Yeah, he rocks. We were thoroughly amused and enjoyed it.

James had some trouble finding me so I had to stand up and wave like a mad woman. Then we dug in!
yRRrM7iERfs6CBDldaKdT3MfZjOdYe8iBh06LvOzUv0Iea2zqHwVtjXgGiUR1cBlM2Me0O39aUDWSEu9FRQIiztWOWUew3fDYKTwdzvoRDjfrvkncB5-Xs8w6KZwpJqdNNKbALEl

We loved this lunch. The fries were perfectly cooked, the sandwiches full and delicious and they were all served hot and noticeably fresh. Plus we were super hungry since all we had was granola bars and coffee.

Here was our view from our table:
snl-jEh0vlMWWU74gHq6FmMaa6DZtlqFFm4amuIccjkZarguAJ9WZQTLVj0FmaHTTpWTR5giUY35g930Q8j_m4MvCRTtGtzjERseP4ciOThOD4PKuUohLVTQ4QXkt_B-QDK21OSq

After a cool and restful lunch we headed out but first I got some pictures of our buddy, Sonny:

Rf3toscm2xTRO0c4BU7Hae56B6MxYd8BMJEWfHxXCBNKXymWsTmsfyCmUg-To0XkB_F07Ga01joJy4Htq1ZjWRu9m-BpqVGM7UmT6-NnNcbPp5wkX3PQACZyOtNWeuF2macxvYpf

uvnmLl7s-Zb2DOcm0QzSKoOOklmt17hq8hdUrqLTqHbaHc---21ORH8V1XCAYRUQ9Oylqq_QSq0EIbsei8D40aks570peWnCuubPqh8KzdYeEoAeceWvK6JiGszTT5Op67uvrCaa

I don’t even remember him being there my first trip. Maybe we sat up top near the registers since there are some tables up there?

Anyways, this was a great spot for lunch. We loved it.
But where to next?

Why Tomorrowland, of course!!!

Hopefully I'll be back tomorrow with that update!
Cause...there's....a....
GRRRREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROWWWW!
Shining at the end of every day :rolleyes1:smickey:

We met us a lil friend!
Sebastian decided to drop in to say hi!

E_RQgBEEuyWFIKl0oefqBZ8aO5bGAEyITOcQvZzbd3oKPrk76zRcIMT575AoN91xL59ou_z74GxEJuFJFtmG6h-ORjGuiCoONi3i498Qu8MwXNTHJy_wZUwxe3Nl4nN8DnMlkWl7

Soooooo jealous! The few times I passed there was sadly no Photopasser there :worried:. I really really wanted a photo with Sebastian. He's one of my favorites. He also sings one of my all time favorite Disney songs.

We loved this ride. The ending that says our name and Massachusetts was so cool as well. Definitely an awesome personal touch! Of course I knew it was coming, but for James everything is new!

I loved this ride too, but didn't know about this special touch and wasn't paying attention. Drats!

There, we met this creepy hitchhiker:

eXsTX2P3t3a_q7jthiB2IXzh_3A4TymvkFMC5_TqiblP3pdJ1ukfIx36W7Gd9VSswN5LJAcd0AftK_UQlZo49yNjQDXBTHBt9vW0gkrX5_a7pkjEJAcDqXnukghRbVjr_9aKo0Gu

This was another MS I wanted so badly. But as like before there was no Photopasser around the area when I rode. And I looked all around too. Glad that you were able to get it though.

Next up, my all-time favorite Disney ride!!!! SPLASH MOUNTAIN!!!

I loved loved loved this ride. Also one of my favorites.

What a wonderful morning at MK!

I just caught up on your trip report. Love it so far. WE are thinking of staying at AOA in February in the Little Mermaid Rooms. Might need to try and request your room location!

Can't wait to hear if your boyfriend "drank" the magical juice. ;)

I love Sonny Eclipse! Thanks to him, I think I call NYC "You Nork" as much as I call it by it's actual name anymore.

Unfortunately, my wife's not a fan of Cosmic Ray's, so we almost never eat there anymore.

Hello Disfriends!!!

I have returned after a lengthy absence, and boy oh boy have I missed you all so much.

You see, I got the Disney blues bad. My trip was over and I desperately spent the summer trying to plan something new. James and I had talked about doing a October 2017 trip while we were on our last trip and the month or two that followed, but I just wasn't sure about planning so far ahead. It's not what you think! There's no trouble in paradise :D

Here's the reason... (anyone who followed over from my pre-trip report might remember this) I was planning on going into the Air National Guard. I say "was going" because I changed my mind to active duty Air Force. I have many reasons for doing this, but what sealed the deal was James telling me to follow my heart. I know I didn't need his blessing, but when you're in a serious relationship for over 4 years you can't imagine just up and leaving for an indefinite amount of time. James is incredible though, and he wants me to follow my dreams.

*Edit: If anyone is super curious as to why I'm not already in the military, it's because I got two tattoos (finger and behind my ear) which I've been getting laser removed since early August 2014. The one on my finger is completely gone and the one behind my ear is sooo close to getting finished! My guess is early summer I'll be able to see a recruiter! I'll post before, progress, and after pics of my tatts soon!*

Then if anyone remembers from earlier in this report, I was planning a May 2017 trip to go on with my Mom. It was a pretty vague idea, we wanted to go the first week of May and be back in time for my sister's graduation from Nursing School. We convinced my Dad to join us because I could tell that my Mom was sad that he wouldn't be going.

Anyone who knows my parents knows how financially responsible they are. We never went to Disney or anywhere other than a few nights at a hotel down the Cape (my college is on the Cape and I commute there just to give you guys an idea of how close Cape Cod is to us) and growing up and now more than ever I admire them for it. Our big family trip in 2015 was a once in a lifetime trip so I was beyond shocked when they said they'd go on a trip with me.

It sadly didn't last long. I can't say I was shocked when my mom told me we wouldn't be going. My mom is approaching 65 this month (shhh don't tell her I told you!) and already attempted to retire but had to go back to work due to financial reasons. I dropped the idea of another Disney vacation and began thinking the next time I'd set foot on Disney property would be someday on military leave at my beloved Shades of Green which thanks to my sister I got to stay at twice in one year!

I didn't bring up Disney for 3 months. I accepted my fate! :worried: I avoided the Disboards partly since I was so busy between school, work, babysitting, traveling to see James, all the busy every day stuff, but also because I was sad I didn't have a trip in the near future.

Yes I went 18 years of my life before setting foot in Disney, but gosh darn I was 4 trips deep in as many years and didn't want to go back to my old Disney-less ways of living.

A few weeks ago I was staying over James' and I woke up in the middle of the night and James is awake. I think I asked him if he couldn't sleep or something while I'm still half asleep. I start dozing off again and James gets up to go to the bathroom. He comes back and I wake up again. Then as I'm falling asleep he says, "Can I ask you a question?"

Um what? This is probably going to be serious, gotta try and wake up.
"What?" I say with my eyes still closed.

He pauses a minute (I come very close to falling back to sleep) then he asks, "When did we make our dining reservations for Disney last year?"

Normally at the mention of Disney I'd get super excited. I was struggling to clear my mind. It felt like forever before I could manage to say some blabber about early November and why was he asking? He said he's thinking about how it might be years before we can go back again. I told him we'd figure it out and fell back asleep.

James never mentions Disney. He never has. He's just not that kind of guy. He's quiet and he balances out my loudness and doesn't get overly obsessed with things like I do. So come morning I had to confirm that I didn't dream it. Turns out it happened, but it still felt straight out of a dream!

We didn't mention it again until a couple days ago. We knew May is too soon to go since we wanted to book dining 180 days out. The summer heat isn't a factor for us, I've been twice in August. But I did some research and decided on September 10th through 16th at All-Star Sports (flexible dates however so we can get free dining and upgrade for roughly $20 a night each to get the main Dining Plan).

The crowds are super low and with the money we'd save on dining and staying at an All-Star for an average of just $103 a night and a shorter stay from last May means a very wallet-friendly trip!

So it's official...we're going back to the World!

This also means that I have roughly 8 months to finish this trip report!!
Yay!

My final for my class is December 19th and as soon as that's out of the way I will be able to regularly update!

and now for some overdue replies:

We are in Dartmouth.
James and I sometimes go down to the Dartmouth mall! So cool that we live so close!

Love your report so far! looking forward to reading more!
Thanks for following along! I promise to be more consistent as soon as my class is done!

YAY for Magic Kingdom!
RIGHT!! So exciting!!! Ahh your trip's coming up so close!

Fun trip! Tagging along!
Yay thank you! More updates soon!

Soooooo jealous! The few times I passed there was sadly no Photopasser there :worried:. I really really wanted a photo with Sebastian. He's one of my favorites. He also sings one of my all time favorite Disney songs.
Aww I'm sorry you didn't get the shot! Hey that's a good reason to go back!

I just caught up on your trip report. Love it so far. WE are thinking of staying at AOA in February in the Little Mermaid Rooms. Might need to try and request your room location!

Can't wait to hear if your boyfriend "drank" the magical juice. ;)

Oh man you will love it! I originally requested the lake-view but I am so glad we got the building we were in. Sooo much closer to the busses!
Given this little real-life update revealing that James'wants to go back might be a magical juice give-away!! :yay:

Your photopass pictures came out great!!

Also glad that your MK day is going so well, can't wait to read more about it!

Thank you so much! I love them!
The next few updates will be exciting because this Magic Kingdom night was the most magical of all the rest of the trip combined!

I have finally returned! and I'm not going anywhere for a loooong time!
(Also not sure if you've seen Titanic but when Rose says "Come backkkk" to Jack..that's exactly how I read your comment!!"

Sonny Eclipse and Cosmic Rays are a staple for me now when I go to MK. Love it so much!
A fellow Sonny lover!! He's one popular dude!

I love Sonny Eclipse! Thanks to him, I think I call NYC "You Nork" as much as I call it by it's actual name anymore.

Unfortunately, my wife's not a fan of Cosmic Ray's, so we almost never eat there anymore.

"You Nork" hahaha classic Sonny!
Don't stress! You and your wife can compromise... you don't have to eat there technically. Just pop in to say hey to Sonny!

She will probably think you're crazy though...

I hope this means that you're going to the Carousel of Progress next!! One of my favs!!!
Oh yes....it most certainly does!!! Wow it's already December, your trip was in September! Gotta get started on your trip report!

Looking forward to more updates!
Thank you for joining!!! Updates soon my friend!

Till next time, See Ya Real Soon!
:smickey:

Last edited:
Yay for an update! I'm glad you are getting to go back this summer. Good luck on your Air Force journey!

Also..... my countdown is in the double digits!!!!! SO close!!!!

Day 03
Entering A Land Of Tomorrow
Magic Kingdom Day One/ Part IV

“Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday, tomorrow, and fantasy.”

Wow- my last trip update was September 12th! Our trip was almost nine months ago!
I’m still only on the 2nd park day...luckily I still have 7 full months until my next trip to finish this TR!

When I last left off, James and I had finished a delicious lunch at Cosmic Ray’s and we were headed off to Tomorrowland.

We headed straight back to Space Mountain but realized we were a little early for our FP+ so we turned back and got in line for the Tomorrowland Transit Authority!

James really enjoyed the Peoplemover, especially when we went into Space Mountain and he scared the heck out of me by switching from sitting across of me to next to me….DO NOT STAND UP ON A MOVING RIDE AND GET ME KICKED OUT OF DISNEY, BOY!

I must say, he got me good though..I jumped pretty high out of my seat!

James got a couple of pictures when he wasn’t busy scaring the life out of me:

OaFC0zq60nrs74SqP9IYg_s-37qA-UXysutBowUvV1AtCAIu308sX6pMry0l3lQ4pyOJDaU9Bwg0ZXhUkoecK6jCYsZ-mAgXkGj8O-L7jLKpYtp_Xe9bL63BxVyo_7kwlwa9PyHr

-rnQmVGCFOy4-hVgu-XlIjiU68_M-UMRoEr6Q-VmIv8VgZznXlD6-Av8NxsOOg2KIeThNbLMRjhmIC4PIRbhsShEtwXfELqZ3fHQA7I7rBwcPYFVn_j58r4zYQ9HFmc4F6Pt2Mos

THE CLAAAWWWW!

Afterwards we used our FP’s for Space Mountain!
I know this fastpass was for 3:00-4:00 and we used it at the beginning of the time slot.

This ride gets better everytime!

I adore the look on James’ face...it’s pure joy! He looks like such a child! It looks like he doesn’t know whether to put his arms in the air or not!

qi2Ydk_cpGVonZso1ZX6A4jHn3mQolMpEJ1tuuT2olioL_FvaHLXd05F4sBq1x1_w_WnDRhrWCQJ4UjFWOA-dRrMRWMGyXrq8lEidpS3ApdA9h9wIxkIf0qx_1wB0awRwjKlVc3g

After our rocket ship ride through space, we headed over to Carousel of Progress.

Now I’ve never done this, and James of course was experiencing everything for the first time, and as we walked by we saw the door was open with no wait. We slipped in and I was instantly shocked to see it was a theater. I just assumed it was a carousel like with horses! Haha Disney fan failure.

We really enjoyed this- the song got stuck in my head and I totally loved the idea behind it! I just know this is what Walt Disney had planned for his parks (considering it’s his actual ride he got to create). It makes me sad to think that Walt never got to see his Florida dream come true.

N8RFLQp2l8dNfvBPUEAN_huxuM4DhH2pIuOuDe2UMwQJfTuFiJknToQ2XHc3U0YztG9jcCsgwgtJQm0XXCwu01_c71hl7cY2zYQv07j4LGS-EO2JrKJ-UIudsvuRw2TavG6FHcch

VyaMqYVGVDWHcb3UXtdEXFGajgr0SLOeL3-z3DEjQSkhPp1TSiijNcBP0KT7kdVhtxYsPsNm-vxm8L6KudgAL0U54fNOVHfrfImW3qb-qPkCNX45yRZo5j7MhoxOMzuEKGGeXVw5

I thought it was cool that the guy’s wife name is Sarah... If Walt named them, he must have liked my name! They could’ve changed the names during a refurb since Walt’s version but I’d like to think it was Walt’s doing. Also the son’s name is James :)

After that we headed over to Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin!

0-UO0oHoFMkespEnMe7t-0pdjekUwQXUAKh29YbNyW3lMjyhPeVXwLVjWpzQo3zZM_cssXr6d8wbQcQf6saL_i37g3VjbP-4w6vUuOGymOO7ABzou35FZFsRh_zQg8elqayb_CMO

IVTOq-Br_BK0BMbfBguqg6Pn9K8B9oUF0eKOzuF2Ol3TVRoUdb5JJtP1zIhZ1rzDq5EeIL5443u2xJ-ZTb-5ivkoUYzSEfQWTd2ujoCggyC1akAfeLEG8IkFHAbsjnEg76E-y0Xh

This Buzz looks so concerned, I love him.

o7RFCGhDa4y0UpR-CaPq2Yvpe8861kBpJK-4KLF_VPT3pnFffxtf3tPsqil2CxuLcxUSx01kgHtH0NiCEpGV9h3cH0ak6hZOel_NErZFQolSERc5EAcU-5UdZZI2m7vNez9IbINi

sJJ2g95mqYS4fWEKAKMTUhbuEP41zKKZ0lGKZhyebDrFbnSUL_ibfuPqrmw9SQYJXUULl75WNUpZx0Yl7RJecw4ZVV1V8rs1YphLOZusmPRE2ySnaB0x31cyHvKF5d1WjMm-WWPh

James kicked my butt.

oHAQ8C9HWAf6Nj3U-YFp6VvA2nafWUxFf_OlRvCF2JZnmDNaN4G8tf667C0ZSC4D9d_Ah8EdU2JUFNserBZ2PqMFxElrSGz5qZ_WH1S48Bcr5lKTcpPYJZKzuu6tICBFLelqhjYl

He’s so smug about it.

HLduVjc_HJZQFnbPc2jJnkv6HQHwz21XqMOiU0CEJp0rTwapNB9aH87xy_0qwtANko8OOyw3AbarwGQXJxVepjVW9jFZb6QJatsHQ_UYwSxcMomBF8UlRgqmhi1Ide4pyV7QcfTB

BF7U1hnCat56ifKyp2B9s9md-BHvNT9r0FrI5WlmP-562L2IfZuxd3SGzN8dYiG5vLRrkj7ZbKpX0NxEAnrf8xHy7wZNJgJPlKZZ3wD8t4RgOGC1FwF9uxa9_Zgu7pS7lQmXURSw

After that we headed out of Tomorrowland and made our way over to find some of the spots to play Sorcerer’s of the Magic Kingdom.

eanYhjSoSHY1RoXjblm8bGLtxySjvvtt7sBQnDs7CDvfa6FvPxTHcSMdq-X_p_Tz38HZgzI7kud6YxoxOwgExuG4QiKXJXzkHeZoQAjwK29TBVAGYY_MosvKfvXkSuhjYDL99R-Y

Since I didn’t take notes (first-time trip-reporter mistake) and the trip was like 9 months ago (oops) it’s all a little hazy but I do remember a couple portals (it makes you find the first one if you go to a wrong portal). I’d never play the game again (we didn’t really play it actually) but the cards alone are worth picking up! You get a pack a person a day for free. If you haven’t see the cards you should google them! All the Disney character’s are used and it’s a fun souvenir. The kids I babysit have a whole binder full- think baseball card binder. It’s awesome.

From that we headed to:

lAIhCvaR_K7ydAYv5OEIXSSB8m1h-P9mcQifqH5AROTd0Y4Y_oivPkluWnVvvXYH9UOq7JRxHXqqsCfWYO15Akxcnurpnhh9txW04htjwyMZgiZnl7B76Aabgdw8bG2HNldqUuLu

Hall of Presidents!

I remember the show starting in I think a half hour so we walked around Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe then headed inside Hall of Presidents for some nice AC and down time. The show of course was lovely (a solid A for Patriotism, only coming in second to the A+ American Adventure at Epcot of course!)

By now it was getting closer to dinner. Our reservation was at 7:10pm.

I had packed clothes to change into (Beauty and the Beast skirt!) so we headed over to New Fantasyland so I could change in the bathroom near the Gaston meet and greet.

We got some Castle pics on the way!

0Skr3uU2LW8bhwaIOjcPdCTqk0p4hxmbMbaZ4La-1BLzTzktvEEQwMItviATeH6I58V2vD1OaSwc6JKFZ5aoTFymMTqDgGxd4kb6vUVJaRB_hnkkGFzpW50zjp9-rp5B2tlstRGt

id8h_hmHN4rmZl_3bP-mmyulhYNhALvyCTP8SmNSOYFmn-qaujtlnI2TmUY9sQgQswv4j7G_hRou7TVw9o3PlZOHQuzZ_pcQtohIEGX-Ehq_jZKRLrsL3TYLTCNovTBGxebAr_xm

5cTaQzgj8CApDoBa2XeHjho38C-jjWNLS-cBTrmDLW2jqBEIecXk9OKXG1yqZmjKJfpJfWgZnqH2sV6DY7sG4lk_T15Yv5cMwUa9Yh-BXAYlQ0kbiYmGtIzzHo9xvJJE5_PR1ocx

After I got changed we walked around the sweet little Beauty and the Beast store then decided to head over to Be Our Guest to get checked-in a little early (about a half hour) so we could request the West Wing!

But that’s for another update :flower1:

Hi buddy!!! I took a LONG break from the boards but I'm back and with 122 more days until my next trip! I have to go back and reread your report!!!

Hi buddy!!! I took a LONG break from the boards but I'm back and with 122 more days until my next trip! I have to go back and reread your report!!!

Hi friend!! I took a wicked long break too!! Jealous that you guys only have 122 days left! James and I have 241 left :sad2:
But it gives me plenty of time to finish this report and to read yours and others that I've so badly slacked on!!!
So glad to be back on the DIS!:love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter