• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"There's a great big beautiful tomorrow..." Christmas 2014 Trip report ~~update 1/9

So is the Frozen sing along just songs from the movie? I really know nothing about it.

Anna starts it and introduces two "historians of Arendale" and they tell the story of the movie with visits by people along the way and most of the songs. They tell stories and jokes, it was really funny. :) It was MUCH cuter than I expected. Kristoff comes in once. Anna comes back at the end. Elsa only shows up at the very end.

After our fun day at DHS, we made our way to the Friendship boat launch for ride to EPCOT. This time when we got to the International Gateway we went toward Japan.

We arrived in Japan and had a few minutes to spare before check in, so we went in the store with the pick a pearl. The show was cool! the girl who was having her pearl opened got a set of twins. We wandered around a bit and then went to check in for our Candlelight Processional Package. Teppan Edo was the restaurant we picked. It was awesome!

IMG_7133_zps19e43075.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

our server made DD9 some "Special chopsticks" which she enjoyed.
049_zpsae56457b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Sometimes she doesnt like hibachi, so we both got the Tempura app so she could have the chicken from it. Hubby got the ribs and DD13 got Miso soup.
052_zps3cb7d3b1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DH, me and DD13 all got Filet Mignon. DD9 got the chicken.

056_zpseecb518d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

059_zpsc2c45149.jpg
[/URL]
[/IMG]

Since it was my birthday I got the hat! And they sang happy birthday to me with a candle on my cheesecake.

060_zpsad4018f5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

After our yummy dinner, it was raining. we had some time to kill before our CP so we put on ponchos and wandered to Morocco. The kids really liked exploring!

063_zpsc1e78fbb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

It was about 7 when we came out of Morocco and the CP line was all the way there! We found out that the 645 show as delayed, but at the end there were already people waiting on the 815 show. So we popped in line, and ended up about the 4th family in line for the CP. Dh held down the fort while I took the kids to the bathroom. We had a good time hanging out waiting chatting with people in line.
065_zps7392b849.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
We loaded the theater and picked the 5th row, about 4 seats from the center!!

067_zpsfa591ea5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

072_zps2a51f43d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Marlee Matlin was SO GOOD! She was so enthusiastic and joyful. The music was amazing. This is one of my favorite things in all of WDW. The performers stomped for her so she could feel it, it was very sweet.

Afterwards we popped into Germany for some sweet treats to take to our resort, and we made our way around to the exit. We watched a minute or two of illuminations, and then made our way to the buses. We needed to get back as we had a Jolly Holiday breakfast planned for bright and early the next morning!

Who was your CP narrator in 2012? We had Alfre Woodard that year. Not sure if we will do CP again next year, but I do hope we do.

We had an 8am ADR at 1900 Park Fare, and I knew Mary wouldnt tolerate lateness! We decided to drive so we didnt have to be at the bus stop at 630. Driving from CSR to the Grand Floridian was really easy! I highly recommend. We didnt have to leave CSR until 730, which was fabulous.

We parked in self park and walked over to the Grand Floridian. We posed for our photo outside and were seated as soon as it was taken.

GRAND_PARKFARE_7137930307_zps694ce66f.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

The breakfast buffet was good, and the characters were GREAT.
Our server was very sweet, and kept our drinks full and table clean. Thats all I really ask at a buffet!

IMG_2362_zpsbb4c5c24.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Mary was our first visitor. She complemented the girls on their manners and told me I had "lovely children" I'll take it! She also complained about the Mad Hatters LACK of manners. :rotfl2:
IMG_9903_zps09d0d5a2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_9906_zps205a09f0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Next up was Alice, who was VERY tickled that DD9 had on an Alice Shirt and dd13 had on cheshire cat. She asked her very seriously if she planned on disappearing.

IMG_9907_zps2c8a44a0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Next up was the Mad Hatter. He was SO funny. He loved our sharpie...a little too much. Sniffed it. asked us what our plans were for the day and when DD9 said we have FP+ for EPCOT he said...oh that sounds positively educational...which is another word for BORING.

IMG_9910_zpsdbb36205.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

He pointed to DD9 and said you must be the good one, and you (pointing at DD13) must be the BAD one. When I said yes he said ooh I like you then (pointing again at DD13) he had us all cracked up!

IMG_9912_zpscf97070f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_9913_zps4a34eb76.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_9921_zps87bd9107.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Next up was Pooh. Pooh was VERY excited that I had on a pooh shirt. I got a huge hug and an high five.

IMG_9925_zps749f4ce3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_9928_zps482bced6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Tigger was also excited that I had on a pooh shirt and we all bounced around the table a little bit.

IMG_9931_zps9ff1ebb5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

After our jolly breakfast, DD9 wanted to change into her Elsa dress. So we let her pop into the bathroom and change right quick before we checked out the tree and gingerbread house.

GRAND_GFTREE_7131925513_zpsa3887855.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

We checked out the gingerbread house. I wanted to buy a pin but the shop in the house wasnt open yet and the gift shop in the Grand didnt have any :(

IMG_9945_zpsdaa11fa6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

We left the Grand Floridian about 930, and walked back to our van. I took a few pictures along the way. We then drove to EPCOT! we had fast passes starting at 10.

After our delicious and fun breakfast at 1900 Park Fare, and exploring the Grand a little, we drove over to EPCOT. We arrived about 930 and were able to park in lot A. Super quick drive and very easy parking. I could get used to this!

We had FP+ that started at 10 at Soarin, so we took our time walking into EPCOT. Again, we thought how much less stressful having FP+ reserved ahead of time was. Very nice.

We used our Soarin' FP and really enjoyed the ride. Its still not one I would wait hours for though! Then we checked out the wait for the Living with the Land Ride and decided to try to get a 4th FP for it after we did Seas with Nemo and Turtle Talk. So we made our way to the SEAS building, and stopped for a photo.

EPCOT_FWROVER_7132040978_zps69e632bf.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

and got photo bombed by Merlin.

And a magic shot

EPCOT_FWROVER_7132040979_zpsed8a897c.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

We went on our journey with Nemo - by this time it had a posted standby wait of 30 mins already. So yeah, glad for the FP! We enjoyed the ride and then spent about an hour and a half in the Seas building. We really enjoyed having the time to explore. It wasn't very crowded and the CMs in their were VERY friendly, outgoing and talked to us about any animal we wanted to discuss. This is something we've never really explored, always on the run from one attraction to the next. We had a lot of fun. We spent about 20 mins in with the mantees, talking to the CM there and watching them swim.

IMG_7198_zps49e21eb2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Then we spent some time in the room with smaller tanks, and learned about some of those critters. I think my fave was the chocolate chip sea star. Their tanks had Christmas decorations in them, which I thought was cute!

IMG_7201_zps631258ab.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_7202_zps3e62deb8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_7206_zpsd7b16d30.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Then we used a FP for Turtle Talk which was a total waste. It doesnt get you anything other than in the room to be "crushed" up by the door earlier. :confused3 but there wasnt another tier two we wanted to do. It was still cute, but I guess now that the kids are older it just wasnt the same. We will prob skip this attraction in the future.

After all that it was about 1, and we went to see if we could get a fp for Living with the Land -we could but not till 3. The kids said they'd rather swim. Plus we had the wishes dessert party tonight and we wanted to close down Magic Kingdom. So back to the resort we went, to have some pool time!!

We got the kids to the pool, and they swam, and played games, and enjoyed the hot tub. They each made a new friend from a different part of the country. Dad and I enjoyed a beverage from the pool side shack. :banana:

The weather was gorgeous, the temperature perfect with a little breeze. We split some Nacho's from Siestas, which were FAB! We stayed all afternoon! about 530 we went back to the room to get cleaned up and rest up because the dessert party was at 8! The kids were a little hungry so we went to El Centro and got some supper at the Pepper Market. The hubs and I had eaten more nachos than the kids so we split a burger, and the kids both ate a burger. Then, we were ON OUR WAY to Magic Kingdom!

DD13 was SO excited. If you read our last trip report you'd know that she was horribly sick at the dessert party in 2012, so she was REALLY looking forward to it!!

Stay tuned!

After our Pool time and rest, we went to the Pepper Market to grab a quick meal. Hubby and I split a burger- it was so yummy! The kids each got a QS meal. Then I remembered that someone special was going to be in the lobby at CSR! So we popped over to the lobby and...

IMG_2375_zps5c8f183e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

She was SO excited about DD9s hat. She also give me a big hug as well. Very nice!

We dropped some stuff off by the room and then hopped on a bus to the Magic Kingdom!

We stopped to get a photo on the way in. 3/4 Christmas trees posed in front of now!

MK_TSHOLIDAY_7132758124_zpsf121ab81.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Then we stopped and got a picture with the castle in the background. :goodvibes

MK_MSCONFEC_7137901680_zpsd1a543e2.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

We had time Laugh Floor again. We simply ADORE the Laugh Floor. Then it was time to line up for the Tomorrowland Terrace Wishes Dessert Party. We left DH to hold down the fort and I took the girls to the restroom. When we got back the line was long! We chatted with a family who had just got off a Disney Cruise, and they were excited about the dessert party.

We were on the first row! yay! then we made our way to the desserts.

IMG_7291_zps775602ef.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

They were yummy!

We enjoyed our relaxation at the table, and the atmosphere of the party. When it was time for the projection show we moved up to the railing. It was so pretty! I think my favorite was when the castle looked like gingerbread.

When wishes was about to start we made room for our new friends from the line at the rail. It was totally worth the cost for being out of the masses to watch the fireworks with no one besides family touching us. :lmao:

The show as amazing. I loved it so much. Lots of ooohs and aaahhs from my crew.

Afterwards we were hoping that the crowds would go home!

We made our way to the Carousel of Progress. We had never done this attraction, there was no line, and I knew it was a long show. I thought the crowds might thin out while we did it. It was SO cute. By the second scene about 1/2 the audience was singing the song. Including us! We loved it. It became the theme song for the rest of our trip (and my trip report title!).

From COP we moved on Fantasyland. The rides there were low lines, except for the mine train and Peter Pan. So we rode Barnstormer, dumbo, the little mermaid, the carousel and tea cups.

MK_MERMAIDBRIDGEICONNC_7137398198_zps490b2dab.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
We went to ride Haunted Mansion cus the SB line said 10 mins, but was more like a 30 min line that wasnt moving, so we bailed! ain't nobody got time for that! So we moved on to Adventureland where we rode Pirates of the Caribbean, and let the kids ride the Magic Carpets. No one wanted to ride the Jungle Cruise so we moved on.

We made our way back to the hub and realized that they were getting spots for the 1215 MSEP. We found a place right in the hub where we were second row. And thankfully - the people in our section ALL stayed sitting down. We had a blast!

After the parade we went to ride the Tomorrowland Speedway because the kids wanted to try it.

Then it was almost 1am so we made our way out of the park.
It was an awesome night! I love late nights at the Magic Kingdom.

We decided that we'd have a resort morning, and I moved our FPs to later in the day so we could sleep in a little later.

I :love: COP! Something so classic about that ride, yes, it is a bit dated, but still...always a must do.

All those yummy desserts...oh goodness!

After getting back to our room and getting ready for the night, my husband and I decided we'd sleep in the next morning. We had planned to rope drop MK or at least make our Mine Train Fast Pass by 10am. We said - NOPE.

So I dropped the coveted Mine Train Fast pass - I hope that someone was able to get it, and then moved the rest until later.

WE didnt set an alarm. WHAT?! This is NOT how we do Disney! :confused3

Anyway, we woke up and go to stirring around about 930. Decided to punt our planned magic kingdom day and our BOG Fast pass. I logged into MDE and dropped them. Instead, we made our way to Downtown Disney about 1100, and hit Wolfgang Puck Express. :goodvibes

IMG_7299_zpsee7c2566.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_7302_zps748edaad.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_7301_zps475ca134.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Did a little shopping, where we bought a pin or two, and a christmas ornament. DD9 decided she wanted a sven with her money, so she bought one. She told me she was asking Santa to bring Anna :eek: And DD13 told me that she had really wanted a pin at DHS for Tower of Terror, and regretted not getting it.

Hubby and I decided that I would sneak to DHS and get an Anna and the pin, while he took the kids to the pool. I managed operation elf while the kids swam and played pool games. I came back and hubby said he wasnt feeling well so he went to the room to take a nap. DD13 went with him to shower and rest, and dd9 and I stayed at the pool for a little longer. We had reservations for Via Napoli at 7, so we had plenty of time. DD9 enjoyed the sidewalk chalk at the Dig Site.

IMG_2417_zpsdfa980dd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

We got cleaned up and headed to EPCOT!

We stopped by the Cool Club on our way... BEVERLY!

IMG_2423_zpsa4ece50c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_2424_zps7aca3b94.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

We arrived in Italy just as La Befana was starting her story. So we stopped and watched. It was very cool! I didn't know her story.

IMG_7342_zpsc32c8076.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

We checked into Via Napoli right on time, and were seated quickly. I thought the place had a neat atmosphere, and our server was friendly.

DH and DD13 got pizza, DD9 got some fried mozzeralla, but me, I got the veggie lasagna. I would regret that decision. A lot.

IMG_7329_zps32ef90c0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_7330_zps01a3d37c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

They sang happy birthday to me in Italian, that was fun!
IMG_7331_zps5276023f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

IMG_7335_zpscf03f4a8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

We made our way out of he park and had this picture made

EPCOT_BACKSIDE3_7134006025_zpsbf195f95.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

We didnt do anything else, because we had big plans for Christmas EVE!

Alas, I never finished this report! The next morning was Christmas Eve, and hubby had a really high fever. I didnt feel all that great either, but I still took the kids to Magic Kingdom as we had mine train, A&E fastpasses and a BBB appointment. we got there for the magic hour and did a few things, but I could tell I wasn't going to make it long. So when the BBB opened I begged to have DD's appointment early, and they let her in. The sweet FGIT could tell I was green, and was very worried about me too. DD got all dolled up like Elsa, and then I begged the CM at the A&E FP+ check in to let her meet A&E even though our FPs weren't for hours. I must have looked awful because she let us. After that, the girls used our FP for the Mine Train and really enjoyed it. They were hungry, so I got them food, but I went outside while they ate it. I got a sprite and sat in the shade and started feeling better. We rode splash mountain and then tried to set down to see the christmas parade, but I realized quickly we need to go. now. so we left and boarded the bus for the resort. Dh was feeling better, but I laid down and took a nap - and woke up about an hour later thinking I was going to D I E, and tossed my cookies for hours. I called BOG and they cancelled our ressie (*snif*) without charge. DH took the kids to eat at Maya Grill and I continued wishing I'd die. lol

The next morning he felt better, so after the kids opened their Christmas presents, he and our youngest DD went off to AK and did our fastpasses there, along with our reservation for Tusker House. Oldest DD stayed with me, and about lunch time I thought I would be able to take her to get something to eat at Pepper Market. Got her some food, and me some soup, but when we sat down I knew I had made a very bad choice!

DD ate, and I stayed green, and I got her to ask a CM if we could get a ride back to the room b/c I knew I couldn't walk. A manager came to check on me and I told her I had been sick and didnt think I could walk back to the room. I had sent DD to the store with my magic band to get some powerade, but she was freaking out and couldnt get the pin to work. She came back and was totally scared - and the manager put me in a wheelchair and wheeled me into a darker, cold room with a wet rag until she could get a golf cart for me, when I started too feel like I was about to pass out - so she called EMS. Disney EMS is the best ya'll. they came in, checked me out, decided I was dehydrated and anxious from being sick, prescribed bananas, powerade and gingerale. the manager came back with a HUGE bag of all three of those things, totally free, and about that time DH and youngest DD came in from the park - Oldest DD had texted him freaking out b/c they called EMS. The sweetest CM drove us back to our room and I went to bed. The manager also gave us 6 anytime fast passes on our magic bands, but the next day was our check out day :(

After about three or four hours with lots of fluids and a couple bananas, I felt better enough for us to go to MK to use the fast passes, so we did. When we got back, we had a message from the resort to go to the front desk, that we had a delivery. The resort had told Minnie that we had had a rough day, and she sent us a BIG tray of snacks, and a stuffed Mickey and Minnie, along with a signed photo of herself for us. It was so sweet! I still couldnt really eat, and we loaded up the next morning about check out time and headed home.

I can't say enough about CSR and the staff there, they were incredible, really went above and beyond with care and kindness.

Sorry to hear that you were sick at Disney, but looks like you made many memories

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter