There's Always Too Much Sauce - A July 2022 TR *Updated 3/23

This would be a favorite evening for me! AK is my favorite park, Love Satuli!

I feel like we would make good park touring pals. We could spend time in DAK, eat at Satu'li, then go to MK and ride PPF. :laughing:

Yay to trying out TS. Susan and I hope to get in there in December! It is such a fun place! My sister and I really enjoyed it!

I hope you two can make it there. I'm sure it would be a fun time!

We tried in June but by the time we got called back, we had left the Poly, were eating dinner at the Grand, and had to head back to MK. Oh well, we enjoyed our afternoon at the Poly beach!

The wait times for TS can be crazy. But I'm sure you both had a nice dinner. Hopefully one day you can both make it there.

I don't think you can count your last trip to WDW. It was not a typical trip!
Truer words were never spoken ( well written). I am currently using it as an example why we need to have a do-over trip. I reckon we need to expunge the bad memories and replace them with some awesome ones
When we had to make some of our park visits day trips last summer, he kept saying, "But Animal Kingdom? Do we REALLY need to be there all day?"
:rotfl: :rotfl:
What all the non-Disney people don't understand; there's always new experiences to be had at the Disney parks
This is why I think I’ll never get too old or too tired for Disney. There are always new things to see ands experience. :goodvibes

Last edited:
Epcot is great for food, and it's fun to see it decorated for the seasons, but that's about it. :confused3
As someone who loves rides, you'd think with a park of that size, there would be more.
I am such a picky eater so the food does not draw me in and I haven't been to Disney during the holidays yet. That is on my bucket list. I want to go to the Candlelight Processional.

July 19th:

A major difference I noticed between visiting the parks with the kids versus going with just Alex is that I took a lot less photos with Alex. We were more concerned about being in the moment and enjoying our surroundings that I rarely pulled out my phone to capture the moment. That being said, I’m going to lump our next Disney day into a two part update.

(All for the best really. At the rate I’m crawling along, Landon’s going to be in middle school before I get to our most recent trip. Some speed could do me good… :rotfl: )

It was a gorgeous morning at Wilderness Lodge when Alex and I woke up:

0874.JPG

I could have sat on the balcony for hours, but we had a breakfast to get to!

This morning, Alex and I had a 7:30 a.m. breakfast at Steakhouse 71. We had heard so many great reviews about both lunch and breakfast that we knew we wanted to try both meals.

I love this mural inside the restaurant:

0882.JPG

Alex ordered the breakfast platter, which I’m pretty sure has changed since this picture was taken. I got the eggs benedict and a side order of the seasonal pancakes, which were lemon blueberry:

0884.JPG

0886.JPG

The cheesy grits that come with the famous bacon and eggs appetizer are the same at breakfast, which made Alex a very happy camper. It’s his favorite dish at Steakhouse 71.

My eggs benedict were fantastic. One of the guests at the table next to me said it best to his server:

“I’m an eggs benedict snob, and these made the top of my list.”
:laughing:

It’s the lemon juice/paprika ratio in the sauce that’s key. You gotta get that right to get a good eggs benedict.

The seasonal pancakes were phenomenal, as well. I’m so glad our server let me know I could order them as a side item.

Near the end of the meal, Alex and I were trying hard to decide if we liked breakfast or lunch better and couldn’t decide. Both meals have multiple items on the menu that are stand out dishes.

It was why I proclaimed:
“I could eat here every meal and be perfectly happy.”
::yes::

I’ll admit, everything was going right this morning. The food was perfection, my decaf coffee was just how I liked it, and our server was amazing. She was very friendly and helped educate us that Cast Members who wear a blue nametag are what’s known as Legacy Cast Members. They have to have worked for the company a minimum of 25 years and be voted on by a panel.

So if you ever see a blue nametag, that’s why.

Our server was kind enough to bring me a coffee to go, and so after the bill was paid, Alex and I strolled to the Magic Kingdom.

That walkway is the best.

I’m not a fan of the Contemporary as a whole, but that walkway is a game changer.

Once inside the Magic Kingdom, I wanted to keep the good times rolling by visiting by favorite land in the park.

Adventureland!

Pirates of the Caribbean was a must:

0898.JPG

I can’t visit this park without riding Pirates. It’s my favorite dark ride.

After Pirates, Alex and I headed to Splash Mountain. We wanted to ride it one last time before it switched over to Tiana’s Bayou Adventure.

0905.JPG

I feel really, really bad that we never took Evie on the attraction. She was supposed to go on it, but that was the night she chose to stay home rather than go out in the rain. Ah well. She’ll experience it for the first time as a brand new ride.

With Splash completed, Alex and I tried to ride Big Thunder Mountain but it went down. Rather than head to another land, the two of us chose to settle on a bench in the shade and wait and see if the ride would come back online.

It was a very busy park day:

0911.JPG

Without a doubt, the busiest day we had seen so far.

I’m sure if we had the kids with us, we would have been knocking out Haunted Mansion and Small World and the Tiki Room, but Alex and I were fine doing nothing. It was our 9th park day. We were spent.

BTMRR did eventually reopen, and we hopped aboard. Then, Alex found us a spot to watch the 12 o’clock Festival of Fantasy parade.

I know not everyone is a fan of daytime parades, but FoF holds a special place in our hearts. It debuted shortly before we began bringing Landon to the parks, and Alex and I can’t watch the show without thinking of our oldest as a baby, seeing him take in the bright colors and peppy music. Or Evie when she watched it after her first haircut at Harmony Barber Shop, where she smiled and waved at all the princesses.
(A smile from Evie at Disney was a big deal back then.)

Seeing the parade was one of Alex’s must-do’s this trip. We missed it in 2019 because of rain, so we were going on 4 years since our last viewing.

Unfortunately, when Disney brought the parade back, they pared it down a lot. Several original floats are missing, and the music isn’t synched properly anymore. They had the dramatic score come through long before the Malificent dragon appeared.

So that was a bit of a bummer, but Alex and I were still grateful we got to watch it again.

Festival of Fantasy is synonymous with a MK day for us.

0931.JPG

0938.JPG

Because it was a July afternoon, Alex and I were dying by the end of the parade. Being outside was brutal, and I knew if I stayed in the park I would end up cranky. I made the call to head out of the park.

The great thing about catching the parade in Frontierland is that if you hustle, you get to see it again in Town Square:

0944.JPG

Can you tell we are absolutely melting?

Time to go!

Continued in Next Post:

Continued From Previous Post:

Originally, Alex and I wanted to grab a snack from Geyser Point since we were staying at the Wilderness Lodge. Suse66 spoke so highly of it, I really wanted to give it a try.

However, Alex and I got to talking and rehashing our amazing breakfast, and we both realized we’d love to have the Steakhouse 71 burger again.

Well, a monorail ride to get out of the heat didn’t sound too bad.

And the lounge was a part of the restaurant we hadn’t tried yet.

Did we really go to the Steakhouse 71 Lounge and split a burger and fries?

Yes.

Yes, we did.
:rotfl2:

0953.JPG

Our server from earlier that morning saw us and exclaimed, “Back again?!”

Look, we like what we like.

Alex can’t resist a gift shop, so after our lunch we stepped inside the stores to look around. I found this awesome 50th Anniversary puzzle:

0951.JPG

I didn’t buy it and ended up regretting it. Fortunately, it was there in April, and I was able to buy it and keep it with my mom so I could get it when I went to her house this summer.

Anyone else love Disney puzzles?

While browsing, my mom sent me a picture of her and the kids:

0952.JPG

They had gone to the zoo and were having lunch at Firehouse.

No broken hearts over Mom and Dad being gone at all…

Alex and I went back to Wilderness Lodge and rested and relaxed that afternoon. Then, at dinnertime, we headed to Disney Springs for our dinner at Wine Bar George.

0954.JPG

Alex and I split several small bites, the Mac and Cheese balls, and some meat with brussel sprouts. (I didn’t eat the meat.) The food was all right. Nothing stand out, in my opinion.

0961.JPG

For drinks, Alex ordered a Speyside Whisky (he’s a sucker for Scottish whisky), and I tried several wines. The server and I had a wonderful conversation about Rieslings. We got to talking, and I explained that I used to live basically near Bernkastel for three years. I used to attend their wine festival every year, and some of my best times were spending an afternoon in Bernkastel with friends, drinking Mosel wine and eating spaghetti ice along the Rhine.

That’s when the server was kind enough to bring me an off-menu wine list, where they showed me they had a Bernkastel wine. I wanted to try it, but I also wanted to taste the three star Riseling the server was promoting. So I got the three sampler, with a French wine thrown in.

0956.JPG

The Bernkastel wine took me instantly back to my Germany days. I wished my friends were sitting with me, discussing being deep in the trenches of toddlerhood and missing our American conveniences. But ultimately, the three star was the gem of the night. I ordered a glass of it, and together Alex and I enjoyed a wonderful sit down.

0958.JPG

0959.JPG

The evening wasn’t rushed, we had great seats by the windows in which to watch guests hustle to and fro in the Springs, and Alex and I got to reminisce about how far we’d come in our lives. To think, on our first trip, we were young college kids, excited to starting our journey into adulthood and the real world. And then here we were, never imagining back then we’d be married for over a decade, have two school-aged children, and having gotten to travel around Europe for years.

Our meal finished at the perfect time, with the sun setting just as we were walking outside.

0967.JPG

The two of us stood around and watched the beautiful scene for a bit, then agreed we needed to walk off some of our food. Besides, Alex can’t be that close to any store and not go inside.

Ugh.
:laughing:

I love the man, but he likes to peruse shelves wayyyy more than I do.

However, I did find this adorable pot holder that I ended up buying:

0968.JPG

Then, craving something sweet, Alex and I got in line for Gideon’s Bakehouse. It was unbearably hot this evening, though, so I had to bail and let Alex stand outside while I found a cool place to sit and rest. I’m not sure how many more July trips I can do. It’s too dang hot nowadays!

Treats procured, Alex and I headed out of Disney Springs and back to our resort. The following day we were moving to the Swan Resort, and we were both coming to a realization.

Up Next…This is Peak Relaxation

(All for the best really. At the rate I’m crawling along, Landon’s going to be in middle school before I get to our most recent trip. Some speed could do me good… :rotfl: )
That's ok....we're all here to read whenever you write!
It was a gorgeous morning at Wilderness Lodge when Alex and I woke up:
Wilderness Lodge and gorgeous mornings go hand in hand!
This morning, Alex and I had a 7:30 a.m. breakfast at Steakhouse 71. We had heard so many great reviews about both lunch and breakfast that we knew we wanted to try both meals.
Love Steakhouse 71 breakfast!
The cheesy grits that come with the famous bacon and eggs appetizer are the same at breakfast, which made Alex a very happy camper. It’s his favorite dish at Steakhouse 71.
Yum!
It’s the lemon juice/paprika ratio in the sauce that’s key. You gotta get that right to get a good eggs benedict.
Agreeed! Perfect hollandaise is essential. :)
It was why I proclaimed: “I could eat here every meal and be perfectly happy.”
Love that!
I know not everyone is a fan of daytime parades, but FoF holds a special place in our hearts. It debuted shortly before we began bringing Landon to the parks, and Alex and I can’t watch the show without thinking of our oldest as a baby, seeing him take in the bright colors and peppy music. Or Evie when she watched it after her first haircut at Harmony Barber Shop, where she smiled and waved at all the princesses. (A smile from Evie at Disney was a big deal back then.)
Awww, sweet Disney memories make it all special!
Originally, Alex and I wanted to grab a snack from Geyser Point since we were staying at the Wilderness Lodge. Suse66 spoke so highly of it, I really wanted to give it a try.
You know I didn't even eat at GP this summer and I was there for 5 nights! What is wrong with me???
And the lounge was a part of the restaurant we hadn’t tried yet.

Yes.

Yes, we did.
I am a big fan of the lounge at Steakhouse 71. I just love the retro 70's vibe.
That’s when the server was kind enough to bring me an off-menu wine list, where they showed me they had a Bernkastel wine. I wanted to try it, but I also wanted to taste the three star Riseling the server was promoting. So I got the three sampler, with a French wine thrown in.
They sound so good! Your server was so accommodating and kind. :goodvibes
The evening wasn’t rushed, we had great seats by the windows in which to watch guests hustle to and fro in the Springs, and Alex and I got to reminisce about how far we’d come in our lives. To think, on our first trip, we were young college kids, excited to starting our journey into adulthood and the real world. And then here we were, never imagining back then we’d be married for over a decade, have two school-aged children, and having gotten to travel around Europe for years.
Perfection!
Our meal finished at the perfect time, with the sun setting just as we were walking outside.
You don't look much older than that young college kid!

What a perfect day! I still need to try Steakhouse 71 at lunch or dinner. We did have breakfast there and really enjoyed it!

We love the atmosphere at Wine Bar George. We even had George serve us our food one time!

Goodness, that breakfast looks delicious! I'm sitting over here trying to figure out how that's going to fit into my December plans now, lol.

This morning, Alex and I had a 7:30 a.m. breakfast at Steakhouse 71.

I had breakfast here for the first time in September with Danielle and her friends. I really enjoyed it.

I feel really, really bad that we never took Evie on the attraction. She was supposed to go on it, but that was the night she chose to stay home rather than go out in the rain. Ah well. She’ll experience it for the first time as a brand new ride.

I'm sad for Evie but I think she'll like the new ride better since she can connect with the backstory better. There are few people who have seen "Song of the South".

Unfortunately, when Disney brought the parade back, they pared it down a lot. Several original floats are missing, and the music isn’t synched properly anymore. They had the dramatic score come through long before the Malificent dragon appeared.

It does seem lacking. The first time we saw it was April 2015 and it just seemed to be so much more. It was also the day before Easter and the Easter stuff was added on.

Yes.

Yes, we did.

Creature of habit.

Anyone else love Disney puzzles?

I do, I do, I do!

They had gone to the zoo and were having lunch at Firehouse.

No broken hearts over Mom and Dad being gone at all…

They're having a blast and missing y'all at all.

Alex and I split several small bites, the Mac and Cheese balls, and some meat with brussel sprouts. (I didn’t eat the meat.) The food was all right. Nothing stand out, in my opinion.

Danielle and I shared some small bites here too. We liked what we had but wasn't totally blown over.

Lovely day and evening. Love the photo with the sunset.

We also love Steakhouse 71! I need to put it on my list for breakfast but love lunch so much!
Still haven't tried Gideon's! Someday!

This sounds like the perfect day.

It was a really relaxed day, which we never get when the kids are with us. They want to ride as many rides as possible and see all the shows. To have that kind of energy again...

Wilderness Lodge and gorgeous mornings go hand in hand!

Very true. I just want to soak up all my WL mornings before the hustle and bustle of the day begins.

Agreeed! Perfect hollandaise is essential.

Alex made me eggs benedict one year for my birthday, but it was so much work and a lot to clean up, that I try to just order it at restaurants now.

You know I didn't even eat at GP this summer and I was there for 5 nights! What is wrong with me???

That's because you were enjoying an amazing meal on a savannah! :goodvibes

What a perfect day! I still need to try Steakhouse 71 at lunch or dinner.

I hope you can try it one day. There's so many items on the menu that are delicious.

We even had George serve us our food one time!

How cool! I kept my eyes peeled for George when we were there, because I was hoping to see him. Maybe one day.

What a great day and that sunset was absolutely stunning.

It was a nice day. I just wish it weren't July and it was so hot outside. I do look forward to when the kids are older and we aren't forced to travel in the summer months. (I know you are in the same boat.)

Goodness, that breakfast looks delicious! I'm sitting over here trying to figure out how that's going to fit into my December plans now, lol.

You can sneak it in! :laughing: Honestly, the portions are decent here, so the entrees could easily be split between kids. And it gets you walking access to the MK in the morning if you get an early enough reservations. Just saying....:rotfl2:

I'm sad for Evie but I think she'll like the new ride better since she can connect with the backstory better. There are few people who have seen "Song of the South".

Very true.

It does seem lacking. The first time we saw it was April 2015 and it just seemed to be so much more.

I'm afraid it's going to go away one day soon.

Danielle and I shared some small bites here too. We liked what we had but wasn't totally blown over.

If they put one or two really tasty items on the menu, I'd probably return sooner. But as of now, I'll probably only go back when I want a glass of wine between meals or in the evening.

We also love Steakhouse 71! I need to put it on my list for breakfast but love lunch so much!
Still haven't tried Gideon's! Someday!

So what I'm hearing is we need to plan a Disney trip with our mutual friends where we eat Steakhouse 71 for lunch and grab Gideon's for dessert. ::yes:::laughing:

Alex made me eggs benedict one year for my birthday, but it was so much work and a lot to clean up, that I try to just order it at restaurants now.
It is SO much work! I will just make poached eggs at home, throw a little butter, salt and lemon on top and call it a day. The real thing is delicious but painstaking!
That's because you were enjoying an amazing meal on a savannah! :goodvibes
I sure was! :)

July 20th:

Continuing with the love of breakfasts, Alex and I had a meal planned at Whispering Canyon Café on this morning. Not only was it a new restaurant for us, but it also was located right downstairs from our room.

Isn’t that one of the best perks of staying on property? Being able to just hop on an elevator and arrive at your meal destination?

0971.JPG

We were seated right away and began checking out all the details inside the restaurant. From the chairs to the light fixtures to the carpet, everything had a Midwest touch to it.

0976.JPG

For food, Alex ordered the heritage platter, and I got the pepper jack cheese frittata.

0978.JPG

Not going to lie, I was underwhelmed with my dish. Nothing tasted bad or wasn’t cooked right, I just think this restaurant specializes in the endless platters and gets distracted with other menu items.

When Alex ordered more biscuits and bacon, he served a plate of grease with his food. It’s hard to tell in this picture, but the bacon was submerged in the grease:

0981.JPG
:eek:

Don’t get me wrong, I know bacon creates a lot of grease when its cooked, but this was overboard. The chef must have poured the skillet onto the plate. Poor Alex immediately took all his food out and tried to let it dry out on his plate.

I think Alex and I would be willing to try Whispering Canyon Café again if we were in a large group and wanted to partake in the antics. Since it was only us two at the table, our server didn’t do anything, but we were able to see a big group next to us have a lot of fun.

Needing to walk off our breakfast, the two of us meandered around the resort. We checked out the Copper Creek cabins and walked down to Geyser Point and talked about how much we loved the Wilderness Lodge. We never expected to enjoy the resort as much as we did, and we had to look at each other a little abashed and go, “Can I tell you a secret? I wish we weren’t switching resorts.”:rotfl:

0987.JPG

Alex and I have stayed at the Polynesian, at Animal Kingdom Lodge, at the Contemporary before. Surely, SURELY, we knew what we were getting into with the Wilderness Lodge.

Not at all.

Being at the WL is the calm needed during a Disney storm. Its tranquility is the perfect antidote to the sensory overload of the parks.::yes::

And, unfortunately, Alex and I made the wrong call by only staying two nights.

Not quite ready to leave yet, once we had packed up the room and exited, the two of us hung out in the lobby for awhile. We read, called the kids, looked at the pictures we’d taken the last few weeks. Generally did nothing, which would normally drive Alex crazy, but I think he was tired and feeling gross from all that greasy food.

Sitting there, doing a whole lot of nothing but saying to ourselves, “We’re at Disney and we’re not listening to two tiny humans bicker with each other,” a hub-bub began near the gift shop.

Out of nowhere, Meeko, Smee, and Rafiki appeared in the lobby for meet and greets!

Well, it’s not just any day three great characters pop up with no wait time to say hello. I had to grab some photos!

0994.JPG

0996.JPG

0997.JPG

I mean, Lion King is my favorite Disney movie. Pocahantas was my favorite “princess” growing up. Her dress was the only dress my mom could convince me to wear. Not just a costume dress. Any dress in general.

And Peter Pan is Landon’s childhood favorite film.

Disney magic working at its best.:lovestruc

Of course, I spent five minutes telling Alex: “I feel so guilty the kids aren’t here for this. Do you think they’re going to be mad we got to see them? They are never going to let us live this down. ‘Mom and Dad go to Disney without us and they get to meet a bunch of characters.’”

Sorry again, kids.

Right place and right time.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST:

CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS POST:

Fun times at Wilderness finished, Alex and I dragged ourselves away from the resort and to our next home.

The Swan!

Our thought process on the split stay was that we would spend the first half of the trip concentrating on the Magic Kingdom, and the second half in Epcot and Hollywood Studios.

And yes, it did make sense to be in walking distance to the two parks.

But Alex and I both agreed: “We wouldn’t have minded using a bus if it meant staying where we were.”

:rotfl:

Sorry, Swan resort.

In truth, I like the Swan a lot. This was our second stay, and I had no complaints. The bed was comfortable, the room large and clean, and the accessibility to the parks convenient. I just don’t think I am a split stay kind of person. This was the second time I did it, and I remember not caring for the Contemporary after moving from the Poly.

I’m a stay in place kinda gal.

Ironic, since all Alex and I do in his career is move around….:rolleyes2:rotfl:

Anyways! It took a long time for our room to be ready since someone
(*ahem* my husband *ahem*) asked for a higher room. I don’t know why, but that’s his preference. And when we didn’t get one at WL, I promised he could ask at the Swan.

The two of us could have dropped our bags at Bell Service, but I was not feeling like going outside in the heat of the day. July in Disney takes a lot of fortitude, and I was still reeling from our Universal days.

When we did get our room, it was time to unpack and enjoy the view Alex worked hard for:

1000.JPG

Eventually, Alex and I were ready to hit up a park.

Despite rather being somewhere else, the two of us did marvel at how lovely the walk from the Swan to Epcot is:

1002.JPG

1005.JPG

Once inside Epcot, I wanted to try a few food items from the Food and Wine Festival.

We grabbed a Belgium waffle and from Brazil, the Feijoada (black beans, pork belly, rice and pesto)

1009.JPG

1010.JPG

The feijoada was delicious, and I would get it again if I could. Mind you, I meal prep my lunches and make black bean burrito bowls, so there was a level of comfort attached to the dish. After weeks of eating theme park food, it felt good to have a familiar and simple meal.

The waffle was a flop. Sure, Alex and I have had fresh waffles from Belgium many times, but I don’t think that played a factor in our opinion. There was too much whipped cream on the waffle, and it caused it to become soggy and cold. It tasted more like a frozen waffle I could have made at home.

Meh.

One win and one loss. Can’t complain too much about that.

Storm clouds were moving in, and Alex and I needed to be on the other side of the park in about an hour for certain passes we’d procured, so we decided to hustle over to Former Future World and camp out there.

So much for trying a bunch of food booths at Food and Wine.:laughing:

We went inside Connections and decided to split a kid’s chicken strip meal to finish filling us up while we waited out the rain. Then, Alex had to perused Creations for far too long.

:rolleyes2

Come on, hubs, it’s the same merch we’ve been seeing for two weeks!

I need to remember to pack my book for the parks. I’ll stand around and read while Alex shops. I’ll be like the husbands holding the purses except in ereader form.

Earlier that morning, Alex had purchased an ILL and gotten in the VQ for Guardians, and our VQ had finally come available.

I was really, really nervous about riding this attraction. All the stories of people who normally don’t get motion sick getting beat up by this ride were messing with my head. I took Bonine beforehand and made sure I had crackers in my bag for afterwards; I was antsy to get it over with.

1013.JPG

The first time through we got
One Way or Another, which was great! I loved that song pick.

I made it about halfway through the ride before I closed my eyes, and that helped a lot.

Alex loved Guardians. He said it was his favorite WDW attraction, and that opinion still holds true after our most recent trip.

Now it was time for our ILL.

1018.JPG

I felt like I could do it.

Yeah.

I was a little dizzy walking out
(by the way, who puts stairs after a spinning ride?! More on that in a future report.) but it cleared quickly.

Let’s go again!

You all are smart enough to see where this is going, right?

Mistakes were made.

Disco Inferno couldn’t save me on a back to back experience. I closed my eyes as soon as we were launched back and willed the end to come quick.

I never suffer from vertigo or dizziness but Guardians got me. Alex and I walked out of the gift shop, and I had to go sit down for fifteen minutes.

Thank goodness for some crackers, portable fans, and for some solid ground under my feet.

A night at Trader Sam’s didn’t hold a candle to Xandar.:rotfl2:

I learned my lesson. One time on Guardians. That’s it!

With a whopping two attractions accomplished that day, I was done with rides. From that point on, Alex and I spent the rest of the evening strolling around the World Showcase. We began in Mexico and stopped at Norway for two of our favorite Epcot snacks:

1023.JPG

And made our way through the countries until we came to Japan. Deciding to listen to our server from Via Napoli who recommended we watched Harmonious from here, we stopped and camped out.

While my opinion on the show didn’t change (too disjointed of a song order) it was starting to grow on me.

1024.JPG

1026.JPG

That being said, I’m not shedding any tears that it’s gone and we’re getting Luminious. Any show that plays You’ll Be in my Heart earns brownie points in my book. (This was the lullaby I sang to the kids when they were newborns falling asleep.)

When Harmonious finished, Alex and I headed back to the Swan. We got such a kick out of the fact that it took a slow, fifteen minute walk to be back to our room. How did we get so lucky to be able to do that? How did these two kids scrounging under car seats for loose change go from splurging with the preferred room at Pop to walking hand in hand to our room along the Epcot resort loop?

We went to bed that night full of gratitude and appreciation for the opportunities given to us.

And oh so happy the floor had stopped spinning.

Up Next: When I Make a Mistake, I Go Big

Your enjoyment of WL is getting me so excited. I hope our stay is at least half as good as yours.

I'm sorry breakfast was a disappointment. I can't do that much grease either.

I know you didn't want to move to the Swan, but you did make the best of being so close to Epcot.

You're braver than me for trying GOTG twice. I've done it one and I'm still trying to talk myself into giving it another shot.

Wonderful way to end your night with gratitude in your heart.

Sometimes you get to feeling so lucky to be who you are, where you are and with the person you want to be with and it hits you just how grateful you are for the life you’re living. I’m so happy for you and Alex that your day ended with you feeling this way :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter