There's No Place Like Home......

Sad your trip is over. I have really enjoyed reading about it. As a fellow bread pudding lover I am going to have to go now and see if I can fit in Raglan Road for our trip this June! That looks amazing!!

We don't love the layovers on Southwest where you don't get to get off of the plane. It seems like a positive when you book it, but having to sit on that plane while it is not moving for an hour or more is kind of boring and tough on the kids. We fly out of Dallas usually too and are looking forward to nonstop flights that have just started for our June trip!

I just wanted to say I really enjoyed reading you TR, it was so much fun! You have a beautiful family and it looks as if you all had such a wonderful trip! I look forward to reading future TRs from you! Thanks for the smiles! :goodvibes

Nice pics on the safari.

love the Meerkats. I think Seaworld or someone has a meerkat cam on all the time. Maybe it is Busch Gardens. I look at it occasionally.

Wow your son is Wolverine. LOL.

Fun times and good food at Raglan Road it looks like.

An hour on the plane, yuck!. Even if you know it is going to happen.

Caught up again.

Great TR!! Again!! :yay: I know, sad ending, but you're going back again soon….and at WL/Poly!! Wow!! So much fun too look forward to and plan!! :)
I know, it's hard not to change resorts with so many to chose from! I just changed from 4 nights at AOA to 2 nights AOA then 2 nights BC CL for 2 nights before we move offsite. Kept looking at those Spring discounts and couldn't resist! So excited!! :yay:
Thank you so much for following along! We are so excited about our upcoming trip too. I don't want to wish summer away but I'm also ready to go lol!! Oh wow AOA and BC sound wonderful too, I hear ya! And BC CL sounds amazing!! We were originally going to stay the whole time at Poly and then move to the dark side for a few days onsite there, but then decided on a split stay at WL first, then Universal, and finish up at Poly. We used a TA this time around and the poor dear has changed our ressie per my request like 3 times already...I just can't make up my mind....ever. I hope you enjoy your trip as well! Jealous that yours if coming up sooner then ours though lol!!!
I LOVE Goofy's Candy Company! We visited in 2012, but we went again in 2013 and made our own Mickey rice krispie treats - I don't think Anika will ever let us skip it! (Which is fine by me!) :P

4am? Yikes, that's early! :crazy2: I think we'll have to get up around the same time on our departure day (as we have an 8:50am flight). I'm glad you made it home safely.

New adventures on the horizon! Awesome! :banana: A split stay at the Poly and Wilderness Lodge AND a trip to the Darkside? I like the sound of that! I look forward to your trip report (or pre-trip report!). :goodvibes
Oh I have always wanted to give the make your own treat at Goofy's a try but I swear I am always either on my way to dinner or coming back from dinner when we pass and the opportunity has just not presented itself lol! 4am.....I know. Yeah it looks like you are going to be in the same boat that we are lol! The worst part is that we get to the airport, check in is a breeze, and then we have close to 2 hours to kill just sitting there lol. I'm thinking man 2 more hours of sleep. Jenny I'm so glad you followed along with me and I am so excited your you and your sis and your upcoming trip! You guys are going to have a blast. I am still reading your last TR when I can find the time and I will be excited to read your next one if you decided to do it!

Sad your trip is over. I have really enjoyed reading about it. As a fellow bread pudding lover I am going to have to go now and see if I can fit in Raglan Road for our trip this June! That looks amazing!!

We don't love the layovers on Southwest where you don't get to get off of the plane. It seems like a positive when you book it, but having to sit on that plane while it is not moving for an hour or more is kind of boring and tough on the kids. We fly out of Dallas usually too and are looking forward to nonstop flights that have just started for our June trip!
Oh my goodness then yes you must try this bread pudding lol it is amazing!! Yeah the whole sitting on the plane forever was kind of annoying, and we have always been AA flyers out of Dallas in the past due to the direct flights, but when they started to really raise their rates we switched to Southwest. And I will say that we do love Southwest, except for the lack of being able to pick you seat ahead of time and the non direct flights. That's why I am so happy that they are doing direct from DAL now! No more of that!!! I hope you guys have a blast on your June trip and thank you so much for taking the time to read and post on my TR! Now that I am finished narrating I am wanting to catch up and read some of the reports of everyone who took the time to follow along on mine, and I see you have a few under you belt....and that you are the head track and field coach for high school?! That is super cool in my book! I ran track in middle school and high school for hurdles and relays and I LOVED it so much...and miss it too.
I just wanted to say I really enjoyed reading you TR, it was so much fun! You have a beautiful family and it looks as if you all had such a wonderful trip! I look forward to reading future TRs from you! Thanks for the smiles! :goodvibes
Allison you are too sweet. Thank you for reading along and I see that you are leaving in...wait...one day?! Oh my goodness that is crazy awesome. As I mentioned in the post above I could not think of a better way to spend my time now waiting for our August trip, then to get to know some of you guys better and follow along on your stories. I will be reading your PTR and looking forward to a TR when you get back!
Nice pics on the safari.

Thank you Scott!
love the Meerkats. I think Seaworld or someone has a meerkat cam on all the time. Maybe it is Busch Gardens. I look at it occasionally.

See why did you tell me that lol? I already spend too much time here on the DIS and other Disney websites, and now I am going to have to add watching live cam meerkats at Seaworld! Why do you do this to me? Lol just kidding, but you know that I am definitely going to have to check that out now.
Wow your son is Wolverine. LOL.
Ha! Yes you got it!!!

Fun times and good food at Raglan Road it looks like.

it always is a hit with us
An hour on the plane, yuck!. Even if you know it is going to happen.

yeah we will try to steer clear of that in the future lol. thankfully they started doing non stops out of Dallas for Southwest so maybe we can avoid those types of things in the future.
Caught up again.
your all caught up Scott but I have nothing left to write so I hope that's not too disappointing. I suppose I could continue the story from there and talk about how my new career in the billing world of skilled nursing facilities took flight as soon as we got back, but I will spare you. I am so glad that you were here once again for another adventure and I do hope now to start reading and following along on your stories as well!!

I found your trip report last night and just finished reading it today. You are very good at writing trip reports. ::yes:: I couldn't put it down, I mean, couldn't stop reading. :)

Your family is adorable and I vote your DH to be the master of selfies. He really has the technique down to a science. :thumbsup2

We took the kids to Disney Quest back when they were about the same age as your kids, which was about 25 years ago, and DQ had that Aladdin ride then, or at least something extremely similar. I really hated DQ. The dark building felt claustrophobic and I had no idea how to get out of that place. Sunshine never felt so good. But your afternoon there looked like a lot of fun. :goodvibes

If you do decide to write a PT report I'll be sure to follow along. ;) The WL is one of our two favorite resorts.

I found your trip report last night and just finished reading it today. You are very good at writing trip reports. ::yes:: I couldn't put it down, I mean, couldn't stop reading. :)
Thank you so much for taking the time to read it! Wow that is a lot of reading too lol!
Your family is adorable and I vote your DH to be the master of selfies. He really has the technique down to a science. :thumbsup2
Awww that is very kind of you to say. Ha, he really took this character selfie thing to a whole new level this trip!
We took the kids to Disney Quest back when they were about the same age as your kids, which was about 25 years ago, and DQ had that Aladdin ride then, or at least something extremely similar. I really hated DQ. The dark building felt claustrophobic and I had no idea how to get out of that place. Sunshine never felt so good. But your afternoon there looked like a lot of fun. :goodvibes
I know exactly what you mean. Your description is exactly how I felt. I really did not mind it so much the first hour or two but when it turned into us being in there the whole day I just wanted out so bad lol. When we finally left and I took a step outside the sun really was so welcoming. I felt like it was charging me back up from being drained from being in that building all day long. But I am glad that we did it.
If you do decide to write a PT report I'll be sure to follow along. ;) The WL is one of our two favorite resorts.
Awesome! I really want to do a PTR but since we are going at the end of summer I might try and wait until school lets out in May and all of the kids activities slow way down so I will have the time lol. I am so excited to be spending some of our trip at WL. For as long as I have known about Disney I have always wanted to stay at WL. Hands down one of my favorites to daydream about. I love that type of theme probably more than any other. Super excited for August!!! I see that you have a trip coming up in a few weeks to BC! How exciting!! That is another resort on my bucket list lol....there are so many and so little time!!!

So sorry I got so far behind on your TR. I really enjoyed reading about your last day, even though it was pretty darn soggy. At least the sun managed to come out and your got some pool time!

Those wontons from Y&Y are still on my bucket list!

Dinner looked delish. I have heard so many good things about the bread pudding I think I need to try that as well.

How nice that you got your own private fireworks show.

Yay for booking a bounce back!

Looking forward to your final thoughts!

So sorry I got so far behind on your TR. I really enjoyed reading about your last day, even though it was pretty darn soggy. At least the sun managed to come out and your got some pool time!

Those wontons from Y&Y are still on my bucket list!

Dinner looked delish. I have heard so many good things about the bread pudding I think I need to try that as well.

How nice that you got your own private fireworks show.

Yay for booking a bounce back!

Looking forward to your final thoughts!
Mary Ellen thank you so much for taking the time to read along with my TR! I need to get caught up on yours too lol! Although we did end up cancelling our bounceback, we did book a return trip in August, and it cannot get here fast enough lol! :goodvibes

your all caught up Scott but I have nothing left to write so I hope that's not too disappointing
:rotfl2:
That could be fun to read. My mind is scrambled lately. Trying to finish my European TR which is also my Cali/Disneyland/Disney World pre tr also and now planning on moving to Florida next month or June. Too many things. it was a great read and thanks for sharing.

I've been more of a lurker on the boards but I wanted to post and say thank you for writing such a great trip report! It looked like you guys had a GREAT time and I look forward to reading one after your trip next fall! :)

:rotfl2:
That could be fun to read. My mind is scrambled lately. Trying to finish my European TR which is also my Cali/Disneyland/Disney World pre tr also and now planning on moving to Florida next month or June. Too many things. it was a great read and thanks for sharing.
oh wow that is a lot going on lol!! I am definitely trying to make time to follow along on other TR's right now including yours Scott! Thanks again for reading and following along with mine :goodvibes
I've been more of a lurker on the boards but I wanted to post and say thank you for writing such a great trip report! It looked like you guys had a GREAT time and I look forward to reading one after your trip next fall! :)
:wave2: Well hello there! So glad that you enjoyed my TR and thank you so much for taking the time to read it!! And there is no shame in being a lurker around these parts either, I lurked for a very long time before posting and it took me even longer to do a TR so I totally get lurking ;)

catching up again.. I love Eeyore's house. I never noticed that before either! Fun fact about Raglan Road one of the guys I know who was actually the Beast in my local musical societies version of Beauty and the Beast (and he is an amazing singer) is about to move to Orlando for 7 months (i'm not jealous at all :sad2:) He's got a job as a singer in Raglan Road!!!

Sad your trip is over but great report!

catching up again.. I love Eeyore's house. I never noticed that before either! Fun fact about Raglan Road one of the guys I know who was actually the Beast in my local musical societies version of Beauty and the Beast (and he is an amazing singer) is about to move to Orlando for 7 months (i'm not jealous at all :sad2:) He's got a job as a singer in Raglan Road!!!

Sad your trip is over but great report!
Oh wow what an incredible opportunity to be able to move to Disney and work in Entertainment at Raglan Road.....I would eat bread pudding everyday lol! That is a really neat story though! Glad to hear you got all caught up, and I'm sorry the story had to come to an end, but we are returning in 3 months so no fear there will surely be another adventure to report on. Thank you so much for following along :goodvibes

Oh wow what an incredible opportunity to be able to move to Disney and work in Entertainment at Raglan Road.....I would eat bread pudding everyday lol! That is a really neat story though! Glad to hear you got all caught up, and I'm sorry the story had to come to an end, but we are returning in 3 months so no fear there will surely be another adventure to report on. Thank you so much for following along :goodvibes
You may go back to Raglan Road and try find the guy I'm talking about when you're there :D

I just binged all your trip reports over the weekend. Really enjoyed them; your family is adorable!

Good to know about direct Southwest flights from DAL to MCO. We're moving to the Fort Worth area in 2016. Although I think our next Disney trip after the move will be to Disneyland. I've wanted to get back there for a while but haven't been able to justify the cost since we are on the east coast currently.

Can't wait for you next TR!

I just binged all your trip reports over the weekend. Really enjoyed them; your family is adorable!

Good to know about direct Southwest flights from DAL to MCO. We're moving to the Fort Worth area in 2016. Although I think our next Disney trip after the move will be to Disneyland. I've wanted to get back there for a while but haven't been able to justify the cost since we are on the east coast currently.

Can't wait for you next TR!
Wow that is a whole lot of reading lol! So glad you took the time to do so though and enjoyed reading about our little adventures!! Yes nonstops from Dallas to Orlando are finally here and we are super excited to be partaking in them this fall! Disneyland is so awesome too!! Thank you so much for reading!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter