There's No Place Like Home......

We love AK, but I'm already dreading the walls, ugh. Looks like hitting Dinoland first was a good idea. I love the picture of Cory with the gorilla! Ok, the bit about the crocs is gruesome, but kinda made me laugh. It's Disney, they don't do unpleasant :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: No Safari is complete without an animal butt or 3.
Yes the construction put quite a damper on things. Hopefully now it has gotten better from the state it was in during the fall. We love the Dinoland rides lol! Ha yes I was laughing so hard at Cory's gorilla impression. Disney doesn't do "unpleasant" this is so true and so funny! And yes endless supplies of animal butts on the safari for everyone lol!

A big BOO to your last day! :( I'm glad you made the most of it and were up early for Animal Kingdom!

I tried Primeval Whirl once and wasn't too impressed. I think it may have had to do with the fact that they gave Anika and I our own car - no spinning for us. It was a bit of a bummer, as we would've liked to spin!

It looks like you had a very nice safari! Minus this, of course:

Good grief, people. Not that I am innocent in never using that language, but I do hold my tongue around kids. How unfortunate! :mad:
I know last days are an unfortunate part of every trip. Sigh. Oh no I am sorry to hear that you and your sis did not enjoy your primeval experience! I think it's a love hate ride. Your either on one side or the other. I will say from being on it multiple times that it seems the less weight in your vehicle the rougher the ride seems. More weight seems to soften the blows lol. The safaris are always great but we have yet to recapture the magic of our very first one. It was just so magical. Oh the language....give me a break people seriously. I'm not perfect either and sometimes you find yourself in an unfortunate situation and it just comes out but that was not what was going on here. I remember one time I was home alone with the kids and DH was at work. Well a wasp somehow got in the house and I don't do bugs with butt stingers and tend to...um...overreact. So after telling the kids to go to a back room and shut the door I frantically tried to think of how I was going to kill it, also facing the reality that I was indeed going to have to kill it. Then I remembered that the hubs had bought one of those bug zapper things that looks like a tennis racket but has electric shock wires on it, because he's a guy and they think that kind of stuff is cool to play with lol. So I think that maybe that would work. So I run to the garage and grab it and quickly come back to find the demon beast on the wall. So I charge that baby up and smack the crap out if it. It falls to the ground and just when I think holy cow it actually worked, it gets up and starts flying right at me! Apparently it has only been stunned and now it's ticked off and in attack mode. So as I am running and screaming the "D" word comes out and then I hear this roar of laughter coming from the back room as I realize that my kids apparently find it funny that mom is in such distress that she is using words that we don't use lol. Eventually I got the wasp with enough electric juice that there was no coming back from that. And yes the kids had funny story to tell daddy when came home from work about how mommy had to kill a wasp and said the "D" word. Stupid wasp lol.

Lunch at Yak and Yeti

For lunch today we would be revisiting a place we had not been to since our first trip years ago. I have a great memory of eating here with the family back in 2011 where we ran into Yak and Yeti to escape the rain (with everyone else) and thankfully we had our Landry’s Select Card so we did not have to wait to be seated. We ended up being seated upstairs and enjoyed our lunch while waiting for the storm to break…that was the year of the Animal Kingdom monsoon lol!

This time around we were sat on the first floor by the entrance and right across from the bar.

Since we were on the DDP we were informed that we could choose a specialty nonalcoholic drink from the menu. DH went with a virgin Pina Colada and DS went with some type of Cherry Limeade drink like you can get at Sonic lol.

I went with some sort of blue drink and DD went with fruit punch.

Within no time at all our lunch had arrived

I went with the Crispy Honey Chicken with fried rice, which I had remembered from last time and it was awesome!

DD went with the kids chicken strips with jasmine rice for her two sides

And both DS and DH went with the Shaoxing Steak and Shrimp which they both very much enjoyed

DS also apparently found a use for the skewers which kept him thoroughly entertained…..good grief

Since we were on the DDP we each had a selection of desserts to choose from.

DD went with the ice cream sundae on the kids menu

Both DS and DH went with the mango cheesecake

And I went with the ever famous fried wontons which definitely lived up to the hype. Oh my goodness they were fantastic!!

As we were nearing the end of our meal we noticed lots of people were filling up the lobby and most were wearing ponchos. This could only mean one thing…..

I swear in all of our visits to AK it rains every time! Nothing to do but put on our ponchos and head out like everyone else.

Making the Best of a Rainy Situation

Thankfully the rain did not continue for long after we left Yak and Yeti, but the damage had been done and the park was left soggy and the temp was much like a sauna…it was very unpleasant to say the least.

We did have FP for EE but given the weather conditions we were just not feeling it.

So we opted for Dinosaur instead lol! Indoor rides after rain are so much enjoyable than outdoor rides.

After the ride we had to take Sydney’s picture by this picture. When we rode this for the first time when she was 5 the entire ride scared her to death, but she did mention that the part where the one dino is eating the smaller one was her favorite and wanted her picture taken by this lol. Now it has become a bit of a running family joke and she always has to get her picture taken here!

After this we had decided that with the combination of the rainforest like weather and the construction that we were ready to leave AK. We do love this park but it was just too much at this point.

[/URL]

So we headed back to CSR and changed into our swim gear to hit the pool instead. We stopped first at Peppermarket to fill our mugs with soda.

[/URL]

Like a Boss. She has no shame lol!

This time around we decided to let the kids have a run at the pool while DH and myself found a cozy little area to relax. We also found entertainment by watching a family next to us feed a very social squirrel Cheetos. This guy was not scared at all and would walk right up to the family and grab them out of their hands. It was quite funny!

We let the kiddos swim for a while and then noticed another set of storm clouds rolling though. That meant the swim time was over and we made our way back to the room to clean up and rest bit while the storm did its thing. The kids rested and watched TV while DH and myself worked on packing (yuck) and then took a nap lol!

By the time evening rolled around the weather was still yucky but we had plans so we just put on the old ponchos and headed out. It was our last night at Disney and you just have to go with the flow people. What else can you do? We hopped on a bus and made our way to DTD.

Continued next post…..

Honestly, Pangani seemed to be the hardest hit of all the renovations. I swear at least half of it was inaccessible.

Oh lord the gorillas terrify me. I absolutely believe they are plotting revenge. Of course I also recently watched Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, so there's that. I do love the Meerkats as well. They just fascinate me like they're always on high alert.

Haha, you and your cards. I'm surprised you don't have one to get you into the Dream Suite.

Ah I see Cory dreams of becoming Freddy Krueger when he grows up.

Thank you!!! See, people always talk about the rain coming being a good thing because it cools things a bit. I contend the opposite and that it actually makes it worse.

We did have FP for EE but given the weather conditions we were just not feeling it.

I'll pretend I didn't read that. :sad2:

HAHAHAHAHA, that ride is terrifying but I did like the part where one was getting eaten. :rotfl2:

Your story about the wasp was hysterical! :lmao:The house I lived growing up always had an infestation of hornets every summer (no matter what we did to get rid of them) and a few always managed to get into the house. I still remember one of my babysitters attempting to kill a hornet with hairspray and a flyswatter (she couldn't find the bug killing spray) - followed by her running away screaming when the pissed off hornet would go after her. Good times. :thumbsup2

I just love the trails at Animal Kingdom! What a bummer that so much of the trail was closed. At least your friends the meerkats were there!

I LOVE Yak and Yeti! We went there in 2012 as we couldn't think of another lunch option, but we really enjoyed it and went back in 2013. It even made my sister's list of "must-do" restaurants for our upcoming trip. Although we love the food I think my favorite thing is the air conditioning - what a godsend on a hot day!

You guys REALLY love Dinosaur. :laughing: I love that Sydney's favorite part is where one dinosaur is eating another dinosaur - what a riot! :rotfl2:

Too bad about not seeing the baby gorilla! When I was in AK in August, the baby had just been born and I was able to get a glimpse of her with her momma. She was precious.

Yak and Yeti looks great - I can't wait to try it now when I get to AK!

Also, I think that is so cute about the picture of your DD next to the Dino pic! You can make a time lapse one day with each picture! :)

Honestly, Pangani seemed to be the hardest hit of all the renovations. I swear at least half of it was inaccessible.
yeah I agree with you it was a bit much
Oh lord the gorillas terrify me. I absolutely believe they are plotting revenge. Of course I also recently watched Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, so there's that. I do love the Meerkats as well. They just fascinate me like they're always on high alert.
ha ha! yes you can see it in their eyes! It would be nothing for them to hop over that barrier and rip us from limb to limb. But oh the meerkats are wonderful. I don't know if I enjoy them so much because I am getting old or if it's because they really are that fascinating lol! I mean, I remember my grandparents doing the same thing with birds and squirrels when I was little and I'm pretty sure I thought that was an old person thing lol! The meerkats are always on high alert though lol, and I like how they all stand up and warm themselves with the sun lol
Haha, you and your cards. I'm surprised you don't have one to get you into the Dream Suite.
now that would be something lol! Even better would be to get accepted into the club 33 membership....can you imagine? If I ever get on that waiting list and accepted I will take you as my guest ;)
Ah I see Cory dreams of becoming Freddy Krueger when he grows up.
oh wow talk about scary movies from my childhood lol
Thank you!!! See, people always talk about the rain coming being a good thing because it cools things a bit. I contend the opposite and that it actually makes it worse.
oh I hate it! It may make the parks less crowded but it also makes touring one miserable! Inside rides are okay because they are dry but unless I am in a swimsuit at a waterpark I would just prefer for everything to be dry thank you!

I'll pretend I didn't read that. :sad2:
I know looking back I regret not getting on but with the weather we were just not pumped up enough to slay that dragon
HAHAHAHAHA, that ride is terrifying but I did like the part where one was getting eaten. :rotfl2:
its the best part according to Sydney lol
Your story about the wasp was hysterical! :lmao:The house I lived growing up always had an infestation of hornets every summer (no matter what we did to get rid of them) and a few always managed to get into the house. I still remember one of my babysitters attempting to kill a hornet with hairspray and a flyswatter (she couldn't find the bug killing spray) - followed by her running away screaming when the pissed off hornet would go after her. Good times. :thumbsup2
oh my goodness that is funny! Hornets are bad bad bad though! They make a wasp look like a ladybug!
I just love the trails at Animal Kingdom! What a bummer that so much of the trail was closed. At least your friends the meerkats were there!
yes the trails are so nice and peaceful! HA yes my friends the meerkats! I was just telling Rob I think my fascination just means that I am getting old lol
I LOVE Yak and Yeti! We went there in 2012 as we couldn't think of another lunch option, but we really enjoyed it and went back in 2013. It even made my sister's list of "must-do" restaurants for our upcoming trip. Although we love the food I think my favorite thing is the air conditioning - what a godsend on a hot day!
yes I agree 100% with that! AC is wonderful!! As far as choices for food at AK I think that Yak and Yeti are up on the top
You guys REALLY love Dinosaur. :laughing: I love that Sydney's favorite part is where one dinosaur is eating another dinosaur - what a riot! :rotfl2:
we really do lol! Sydney is something else.
Great trip report! I really enjoyed reading.
Thank you so much for reading! :goodvibes
Too bad about not seeing the baby gorilla! When I was in AK in August, the baby had just been born and I was able to get a glimpse of her with her momma. She was precious.
lucky!
Yak and Yeti looks great - I can't wait to try it now when I get to AK!
it is very good. And different from the usual burger hot dog and fries venue
Also, I think that is so cute about the picture of your DD next to the Dino pic! You can make a time lapse one day with each picture! :)
well thank you. She loves her Dino picture no matter how disturbing it may be lol!

And the Rain Rain Rain Came Down Down Down….

Once we had arrived at DTD we made our way through the soggy streets and maze of construction walls to Raglan Road. This would be our good bye Disney dinner. Also we LOVE it!!!

We were sat at a high table with a great view of the stage this time!

We watched the Irish dancers entertain us while we placed our order with our server. We were in a great location!

Then came the Irish Brown Bread with Guinness Reduction. It’s pretty great but not worth filling up on. There are so many great things to come lol!

The kids waited patiently for dinner to arrive

And there were no complaints for being bored while we waited!

We all ended up going with Steak and an assortment of sides….

http://s32.photobucket.com/user/dumbo527j/media/fri sept 5th/IMG_1941_zps045f50c4.jpg.html

After an incredibly yummy dinner I tried to wait patiently for the best part of the Raglan Road experience…..

The bread pudding!

I have said it before and I will say it again…..

This bread pudding is the best!! Don’t get me wrong I love love love Ohana’s bread pudding but this stuff is just in a league of its own!

http://s32.photobucket.com/user/dumbo527j/media/fri sept 5th/IMG_1379_zps220948c9.jpg.html

Since my kids are obviously crazy and do not like bread pudding they went with other choices for their desserts. DH and I both went with the pudding, and did not even come close to finishing it. I will say this is definitely a place where you can split and entrée and split the bread pudding and be content.

Since we were not in a rush to leave after dinner, we stayed a bit longer and enjoyed the entertainment….and the river dancers were great too lol!

We then decided it was time to depart but I wanted to take a pic of our great table location on the way out. We had another wonderful experience at Raglan Road this time!

Raglan Road! I am SO EXCITED to finally eat here in just a few months! :yay: It was on our list on our 2012 trip but got bumped due to hunger. :laughing:

I'd never thought to spread the bread pudding on the plate! Perhaps that's what everyone does (and I've just seen the "before" pictures on trip reports)? What a great idea! :thumbsup2

If I ever get on that waiting list and accepted I will take you as my guest ;)

Deal!!! :hyper:

Raglan Road does look like quite the place and so popular with the DIS crew. I know I would absolutely have to have a view of the stage or this would be a complete bust for me.

HAHA, I don't know why, but I always get a kick out of kids drinking without the use of hands. Just one of those things that make me laugh.

I hope to get my father back to Disney one more time and I might have to include Raglan Road. He loves bread pudding.

Raglan Road! I am SO EXCITED to finally eat here in just a few months! :yay: It was on our list on our 2012 trip but got bumped due to hunger. :laughing:

I'd never thought to spread the bread pudding on the plate! Perhaps that's what everyone does (and I've just seen the "before" pictures on trip reports)? What a great idea! :thumbsup2
Ha! I'm not sure if this is how it's supposed to be eaten or not but it made sense to me! How else would one expect to drizzle the yummy caramel and cream on the bread pudding? lol!! I am so excited that you guys are going to get to finally try it! I hope it does not disappoint :thumbsup2
Deal!!! :hyper:

Raglan Road does look like quite the place and so popular with the DIS crew. I know I would absolutely have to have a view of the stage or this would be a complete bust for me.

HAHA, I don't know why, but I always get a kick out of kids drinking without the use of hands. Just one of those things that make me laugh.

I hope to get my father back to Disney one more time and I might have to include Raglan Road. He loves bread pudding.
Ha I had to go back and see what picture you were talking about "kids drinking without the use of hands"....yup there was DS sipping on his soda with out his hands. I guess I have just gotten immune to it and I no longer notice it.
Rob I do think that you would really enjoy Raglan Road. Oh you should totally talk your father into going back! Tell him that no one makes bread pudding quite like the Irish. Or, just kidnap him and take him against his will.....I would love it if someone would force me to go to WDW against my will lol!!

And Now for the Part where we Say Goodbye

We were up at 4am to get ready to go home (Not very fun to say the least). Once we got ourselves and our stuff ready to go, we headed down to El Centro for our 5am Airline checkin and got in line.

Once we had our luggage checked in we headed back in to Registration to check out and kill time while we waited for DME to take us back to the airport.

The lobby seemed so different on this early morning compared to the hustle and bustle that we experienced so long ago when we checked in. It was very quiet and somber.

Sydney and Thumper watched Disney cartoons while we waited. Like the rest of us, she was tired and sad.

We then made our way out to the most depressing bus stop that one will experience on their Disney trip….the one that takes you away from you happy place.

The same bus that brings so much joy when you get to MCO also happens to be the most depressing when it takes you back.

Boo to having to leave Disney and go home. This part of the trip is always not fun to report on. I think from now on I will try and just end on a happy note. This entry is making me sad!

http://s32.photobucket.com/user/dumbo527j/media/sat sept 6th/IMG_1973_zps67748da3.jpg.html
Once we got back to MCO we made our way back to the fake-o-rail and and eventually on our home flight back to Texas. Since at the time Southwest was not doing direct flights to Dallas we ended up having a 1 hr layover in New Orleans (which we did not change planes so we remained on the plane for an hour) and then eventually made our way home. This trip was officially over, and while that is always so sad we did manage to book a bounce back with Free Dining at POR for next fall so even though it might have been and end, it was not THE END lol.
Up Next Trip Wrap Up and What Future Adventures Await…….

See I don't know how Disney missed the memo. It's not supposed to rain on your last full day, only on departure day to make it easier.

Goofy's does help though.

Aww that's kind of a nice way to end though with a view of the fireworks. At least Disney was nice enough to do that.

UGH 4am. This is only ok when going to Disney, not away from it. I do love the concept of being able to check in for the flight right there. I didn't get to do that last trip because my airline wasn't included, but one day I'm sure I will. What a convenience.

Quiet and somber actually seems fitting. Sadly.

Ugh. I remember being so excited to take my first DME ride ever. Not so much at the end. Kinda hated it. I started to wonder why people do this to themselves. Somehow it felt less painful driving myself. But a nice shot of Cory's Canadia shoes does help a bit. :thumbsup2

Ha, I feel ya. I think on at least my last two TR's I ended the report at the parks. To heck with departure, lol. I'll just pretend that didn't happen.

So awesome you were able to book a bounce back, and with free dining too. And HOLY MOLY I don't think I knew you were staying at WL!!!!!! :cheer2:

See I don't know how Disney missed the memo. It's not supposed to rain on your last full day, only on departure day to make it easier.
I know right? Boo Disney lol
Goofy's does help though.
yes he does ::yes::
Aww that's kind of a nice way to end though with a view of the fireworks. At least Disney was nice enough to do that.
yeah they always come out on top in the end lol never leave disappointed :thumbsup2
UGH 4am. This is only ok when going to Disney, not away from it. I do love the concept of being able to check in for the flight right there. I didn't get to do that last trip because my airline wasn't included, but one day I'm sure I will. What a convenience.
We had planned it this way so that we could have a last full day instead of flying home the night before but never again will we schedule a flight this early....it was dreadful!!! checking our bags at the resort was really nice though
Quiet and somber actually seems fitting. Sadly.
I know :sad1:
Ugh. I remember being so excited to take my first DME ride ever. Not so much at the end. Kinda hated it. I started to wonder why people do this to themselves. Somehow it felt less painful driving myself. But a nice shot of Cory's Canadia shoes does help a bit. :thumbsup2
oh the ride home is as depressing as the arrival ride is exciting. It's like 2 polar ends there. Ha! Yes he was rockin those Canadia shoes lol
Ha, I feel ya. I think on at least my last two TR's I ended the report at the parks. To heck with departure, lol. I'll just pretend that didn't happen.
definitely going to start ending on a high note like you have been doing. Unless something crazy or interesting happens on the journey home. Then you have to report. I remember on our very first Disney trip we had just returned to Dallas to get our car and drive home, had literally been on the busy Dallas highway like 20 minutes and some idiot rear ended another guy and then came over in out lane and hit us on the passenger side. No one was hurt, thankfully, but it was pretty dramatic and our car was completely totaled and somehow we managed to drive home which is normally a 2 1/2 hour drive from Dallas....it look us a lot longer. The funny thing is when we got all the cars and people involved to the side of the highway, we realized that all 4 of us were wearing our matching Mickey Mouse shirts and so the police kept referring to us as "the Mickey family" lol. See that would have had to go in a TR lol!
So awesome you were able to book a bounce back, and with free dining too. And HOLY MOLY I don't think I knew you were staying at WL!!!!!! :cheer2:
HA! Yes we are including WL in our fall trip, but the funny thing is that when I wrote this ending it was before I had made changes to our trip. We were going to go in late Sept with free dining at POR but sine that has all changed and now we are going in mid August (before the kiddos start school) and doing a split stay between WL and the Poly!!! With a few days to the dark side in between....but AHHH I have already given too much away Rob so I am going to not say anymore. I am playing around with the idea of a PTR for this trip. I have not done one of those in a few years, but we will see!!

Great TR!! Again!! :yay: I know, sad ending, but you're going back again soon….and at WL/Poly!! Wow!! So much fun too look forward to and plan!! :)
I know, it's hard not to change resorts with so many to chose from! I just changed from 4 nights at AOA to 2 nights AOA then 2 nights BC CL for 2 nights before we move offsite. Kept looking at those Spring discounts and couldn't resist! So excited!! :yay:

I LOVE Goofy's Candy Company! We visited in 2012, but we went again in 2013 and made our own Mickey rice krispie treats - I don't think Anika will ever let us skip it! (Which is fine by me!) :P

4am? Yikes, that's early! :crazy2: I think we'll have to get up around the same time on our departure day (as we have an 8:50am flight). I'm glad you made it home safely.

New adventures on the horizon! Awesome! :banana: A split stay at the Poly and Wilderness Lodge AND a trip to the Darkside? I like the sound of that! I look forward to your trip report (or pre-trip report!). :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter