• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"There's Nothing To Do At Disney World!" Jan '17 Weekend TR **05/19 X2**

Bummer about the sweatershirts! But glad you found something else that you liked!!
Yay for Japan!!!

Enjoying reading your trip report. I also read your Nov 2015 report as we were at Disney World then too. What is it about finding a sweatshirt you like and not having your size? DD found a sweatshirt she liked as well when we when this past March but they didn't make it in her size. It was a 2017 sweatshirt but it was the toddler sized on that only went up to sz small. She needs a medium now. Fortunately we didn't need it as we had brought our coats from home and the weather was just perfect 15*C on arrival day to 25* C most days with no humidity. We are from Canada too, about as west as you can go in our country. We don't do early mornings, DH & DD aren't morning people. If I was solo, I'd be at rope drop each morning. I haven't don a afternoon break but with DD8 we just leave about 9-9:30, eat breakfast in the room and stay until she gets tired, usually about 8-9pm.

We make a quick stop in the gift shop before heading to the buses, because we'd realized upon unpacking some of our toiletries that we'd forgotten to bring a toothbrush,

That's how they get you.
You forgot your toothbrush? No problem.

And then... you come out... $400 poorer... and realize you forgot to buy the toothbrush.

I wish I could say that is the only thing we had to buy because of bad planning whilst packing.

Uh, oh.

I got selected to go through additional screening, but to be honest, I kinda walked myself into it. I thought they were screening everyone at that point so I angled a bit toward the metal detector, and by the time I realized it was still at random, the security guard spotted me and directed me that way. Well done, self.

Plan totally backfired there.

Okay, it would have been better without the screen, but it'll do. Besides, it wasn't as bad as... well, you'll see soon enough

Uh, oh... again.

Upon entering, we had of course redeemed our lanyards and cards for the After Hours event, so we had to take a selfie to show off a little.

121_zpsisfegn95.png

Cute shot!

Amber said it made her feel like a VIP. Not gonna lie, I did spend most of the pre-event time screening the crowds to see how many people were wearing them, hoping there wouldn't be a lot.

::yes:: It does make you feel like a VIP, though, doesn't it?
"All right you nobodies. Get out!"

125_zpslbcq7uoc.jpg

Erm... what is that?

ew

Can you hear angels singing? Cause I can.

I can! I can hear them!

There were actually already people sitting along the curb on Main Street, waiting for the fireworks, which at that point were still two hours away or so. Pretty crazy for late January.

Two hours???? for fireworks???

We decided to wait it out a bit, and it took maybe five minutes before the line started moving again, so not too bad.

Yup. Coulda been a whole lot worse.

I feel like I'd get a much better score if I were able to move the gun around.

Agreed. I did much better in DL.

As usual, Amber did well and I did terribly.

So, the opposite of what happens with you guys on TSMM.

Yep, dessert party!

And? Did you feel it was worth it?

We saw the new castle projection show for the first time then, and I have to say...

Yes????

oh

And so, we sat back on the hub grass, huddled a bit closer together because it was pretty chilly, and watched, for what would turn out to be the last time, Wishes.

:sad1:

But fireworks that are suited for Hollywood Studios are not suited for the Magic Kingdom. I expect more, and I hope they'll deliver.

I agree. 100%.

We then proceeded to spend a good part of the following half hour rushing around the various stores, trying to find... a sweatshirt.

Great usage of time, no?

This was one hundred percent my fault, no point in denying that. We had looked up the weather forecast prior to leaving. We could see it would be chilly. But I figured, I have sweaters. I'm gonna be wearing long sleeves. That's gonna be plenty enough!

It wasn't enough at all.

Whoops. They must make a killing on those things when it gets cool.

I actually go Amber on the teacups!

Good for you!

Which will be the first and only time this will happen. She did not appreciate at all.

Not so good for her.

We were actually by ourselves in the room with the princesses. Which, I'm not a great conversationalist, so it was a tad bit awkward to have all the attention to oneself, but of course, the princesses are always so lovely to meet.

I kinda feel the same. Except with Ariel. 'Cause, you know... she loves me and all.
But the rest of the princesses?
Yeah... awkward.

Gorgeous as usual, though I can't remember what we talked about.

Frog legs for dinner.

We were in and out pretty quickly, and at that point it'd still just been us in the room - which explains why, as we exited, we spotted Tiana over in a corner, phone in hand. We were both pretty amused as we left the room.

No! Oooohhh... I'm thinking if she'd been caught by management..... :sad2:

We haven't really watched her show, but it doesn't really matter upon meeting her, and she's really fun to meet, so don't let that hold you back for sure.

I have no idea who she is.

The Cast Members looked at us a little weird as we did, too. Like, you spent that money to meet princesses all night? Alright, whatever.

:laughing:

But we did feel a little relieved to be led into a different room. Less people weirded out by our returning so soon.

So... breathed a bit of a sigh of relief?

She's even got the feet down pat!

We decided that our next stop should be a ride that you can typically never standby.

That one's pretty much, first thing... or FP only.

I'm not gonna lie, it's neither of our favorites. But I'd really been wanting to see the new queue, and since it was open, we decided we might as well head in!

I'm not gonna lie, it's one of my favourites.

And then of course, the nursery, with the childrens' beds.

Did you pause to play with the shadow butterflies?

Which, of course, was the Haunted Mansion.

Excellent.
Could ride that over and over and over....

We basically walked right into the stretching room.

Nice!

Chocolate covered banana.

I'm really glad I've never paid for it before. It was not great.

Good to know. I too would probably never pay for it.

Amber went a safer route and picked up a Mickey ice cream sandwich.

Yum!

Which, strangely, she actually didn't like that much either. She usually loves those Mickey ice cream sandwiches, but she thought it tasted really weird.

Really? Well.. crap.

It almost tasted like the ice cream had turned to me.

It had turned cute?

We actually could have stayed on to ride again if we'd wanted - they were telling people to just stay seated if they wanted to ride again.

No way!!

However, by the time we finished our first ride, there were people waiting to get into our seats, and we felt bad not moving, so we just got out.

Ah. Yeah, I totally get that.

We waited probably five or ten minutes before the current showing was over and we were let in, and then sat wherever we wanted because there had to be less than a dozen people in with us.

What? You didn't move all the way to the end??

:rolleyes:

Next up was what is probably the biggest draw of these events for a lot of people.

Meh. I'll take HM and BTMRR any day.

Ultimately, it's a nice experience, too. Not a bad ride at all. It just won't ever be a favorite of ours

Yup. That's about how I feel too.

Yep. Winnie the Pooh again.

Which was my suggestion.

You must reallllly love her. :)

We happily allowed Dame Judi Dench to teach us the history of the world (I will be so upset when they decide to re-do it again and change the narrator.

This is how *I* felt when they replaced Walter Cronkite (as the Spaceship Earth narrator)! But I eventually came to terms with Dame Judi as the replacement... (I don't think I ever heard the Jeremy Irons version...)

We passed the Tomorrowland Speedway.

Which is about the best thing you can do with it.

Of course, I had to try and capture Amber's favorite trees in the Magic Kingdom.

Mine too!

As you can see, it was crowded.

Packed! Oh, the humanity!

I was so mad guys, Like, how ridiculous is this. We should be getting on the ride in a second. They should really have been operating both sides. I was more than ready to go and make a complaint, and request a refund.

214_zpsf6bjuvxx.jpeg

But I took a deep breath, took a nap and felt much better after the ride was over.

Yeah, I can't even sell it.

Especially not with an empty seat behind you!

We maybe could have squeezed another ride on say, Buzz, but we were actually really, really tired. I was especially tired. Keep in mind, we'd gotten up at 2 that morning. I didn't sleep on the plane, and I got maybe a thirty minutes nap during our small resort break. And at that point, it was nearing midnight.

Okay, that's a loooooong day.

Been there. I feel your pain.

Amber did want to stop in the photobooth that's located in the Space Mountain gift shop, as it does work with Memory Maker.

216_zpsvxnwl4up.jpeg

And a cute pic, too!
You sure you guys were that tired? You look pretty happy still. :)

I like that!

It comes from the fact that, when she used to work at the Walmart Photo Studio, they trained her to use this particular pose as a sister pose.

But you know, I'd pose like that with DW. I like it.

But if memory serves, they were something like, 40$, so that was a hard no.

For a towel????? Was it spun from Yeti fur?

I have to say, I think it was totally worth it for the cost. We did most everything we'd wanted to do that day, and it was awesome to breeze through every single queue. We could for sure have done more, if we hadn't been so tired - as the night went on, we were definitely getting a bit more sluggish, which for sure affected our speed. But all in all, I was definitely glad to have given it a try, and if we were ever to return to Disney while this was ongoing, we would get tickets again.

Files away for future reference.

By the time we got back to our room, it was about 12:50 AM.

:sad2:

We had planned on rope dropping Epcot the next day. Spoiler alert - we did not.

Spoiler alert - not surprised.

We pretty much walked in, collapsed on the bed, and went promptly to sleep with a glorious wake up call of 9 AM.

(That's sleeping in at Disney).

::yes:: It certainly is.

At this point though, we've made the decision that Disney is something we just can't pass up. It's a second home, and as long as we're able to spring it (and finance it without feeling crushed under ridiculous amounts of debt), we will return on a yearly basis.

I feel the same way... we'll see how it works out.

As such, we now belong to the crowds who glory in afternoon resort breaks. And on occasion, sleeping in.

I'm still not there, though.

Amber had to take a picture of her layering technique to try and deal with the cold weather.

002_zpsyr2lrdvl.jpg

What? No Snowgoose parka?

She also ended up buying a windbreaker coat later on.

She still got cold.

:sad2:

the Shop Disney Parks App is not available on our phones, as our location is Canadian and it only works in the US. At least, that's my reasoning for it. I used to think it was because we each had an iPhone 4, and most newer apps don't work on those, but now I've got an iPhone 5 and it's still not there, so, I'm thinking it's location related.

Could be.

As it turned out, they were not able to bring it up on their own system when entering the code for it,

They're probably Canadian.

But because she's the best wife in the whole wide world, she's the one who went off to get them while I checked with the gift shop CMs about the sought after sweatshirt's whereabouts.

This is how she felt about it.

005_zpsv1mi0rea.jpg

So... pretty happy? No?

And of course, just as Amber was arriving near the bus section, the bus pulled away.

Uh, oh.

She was even less impressed then.

I can't even imagine the look you must have gotten.

We got to try out the Passholder entrance.

I never knew there was such a thing! Do all the parks have one?

And let me tell you - a FastPass for Spaceship Earth in this particular instance was not a throw away FastPass.

011_zpsklewmjnc.jpg

Whoa!

The standby line was a whooping 45 minutes.

Holy crap!
Just... no.

Can you imagine Spaceship Earth narrated by The Rock

:laughing: Let's start a petition.

I didn't take pictures as we went past Canada and the UK, so you'll have to take my word for it, we were there.

Nah. I'm not buying it. You weren't there.

I can't stop myself from taking pictures of Morocco though. It's just so pretty.

If a tad blurry. Sorry about that.

Disney should make Morocco be less blurry.

Yep. Even with planning a trip five days out, and spending less than 72 hours in Disney World, we could not not get a reservation for Teppan Edo.

What's with that? Stupid system!

The lady manning it was definitely checking to see if people had APs, too, before letting them in, which apparently not everybody does. I guess when it's not busy though it wouldn't matter.

This actually answers a conversational question we had had this past week. We only used the AP entrance a couple of times since crowds were pretty low (to us) but we had been wondering if they would check or not at peak hours, since they didn't check us when we went through (admittedly at like 6-7 at night) and we were wondering about how it'd work. Good to know!

The standby line was a whooping 45 minutes.

I wish I could recreate my face when I read that in emoji form. Just know the sound that went with it was a resounding "yeesh!"

Sorry you couldn't find the sweatshirt you really wanted but when you're really cold anything will do. I hope you found one you liked.
Once we were in Disney for Thanksgiving and the temps were in the 20's. The newscasters were all going on and on about how this never happens in Florida. Well, to say we weren't prepared is an understatement. We all had jeans and sweatshirts but not winter coats. That was miserable!!

Pretty much! I knew it was bound to get cooler in the evening again, and I didn't want a repeat of the previous night, so I had to get something. I would probably have liked it a little more if I wasn't still pining over the other sweatshirt :P But it is pretty cute. And yikes! I can definitely see how that would be miserable.

EPCOT is my favorite park. I hope you had an amazing day there.

It's Amber's favorite, too! Honestly, I don't think there could ever be such a thing as a non amazing day at Epcot ;) Our bad days actually tend to be Hollywood Studios days, ironically.

Bummer about the sweatershirts! But glad you found something else that you liked!!
Yay for Japan!!!

At that point, it was a good thing indeed because I would have had to get one regardless of whether I liked it or not :P

Enjoying reading your trip report. I also read your Nov 2015 report as we were at Disney World then too. What is it about finding a sweatshirt you like and not having your size? DD found a sweatshirt she liked as well when we when this past March but they didn't make it in her size. It was a 2017 sweatshirt but it was the toddler sized on that only went up to sz small. She needs a medium now. Fortunately we didn't need it as we had brought our coats from home and the weather was just perfect 15*C on arrival day to 25* C most days with no humidity. We are from Canada too, about as west as you can go in our country. We don't do early mornings, DH & DD aren't morning people. If I was solo, I'd be at rope drop each morning. I haven't don a afternoon break but with DD8 we just leave about 9-9:30, eat breakfast in the room and stay until she gets tired, usually about 8-9pm.

Thanks for joining in, I'm glad you're enjoying it! And it does seem like sizes are never your friends when you want them to be. Maybe it's the universe telling us not to spend so much money on an article of clothing :P But what does the universe know anyway?

Sometimes it is nice to have some time to sleep in at Disney, but we do tend to be up early, since you can just get so much done in the morning compared to as it gets later in the day. The good thing about Disney though is I feel like there's a way to make it work for everyone, regardless of what your touring style is.

This is how *I* felt when they replaced Walter Cronkite (as the Spaceship Earth narrator)! But I eventually came to terms with Dame Judi as the replacement... (I don't think I ever heard the Jeremy Irons version...)

We do all tend to get attached to our first experiences. Which is probably why I don't think I'll ever be able to like the new castle show as much as Celebrate The Magic, or Soarin' over the World as much as Soarin' over California. But people who will see those for the first time will think it's awesome.

When they ultimately replace Dame Judi, I'm sure I will ultimately come to terms with it. But I hope Disney sees my suggestions and goes with one of them :P Which, I'm adding Ty Burrell to that list

This actually answers a conversational question we had had this past week. We only used the AP entrance a couple of times since crowds were pretty low (to us) but we had been wondering if they would check or not at peak hours, since they didn't check us when we went through (admittedly at like 6-7 at night) and we were wondering about how it'd work. Good to know!

Yeah, I figure when all the lines are pretty dead they don't care as much as when it's really busy.

I wish I could recreate my face when I read that in emoji form. Just know the sound that went with it was a resounding "yeesh!"

Sounds about right!

That's how they get you.
You forgot your toothbrush? No problem.

And then... you come out... $400 poorer... and realize you forgot to buy the toothbrush.

Well, we've usually got a bit more self control in the resort gift shops, because we figure, we'll be spending so much money at the Emporium, we shouldn't go crazy before having ever set a foot in the Magic Kingdom :P

::yes:: It does make you feel like a VIP, though, doesn't it?
"All right you nobodies. Get out!"

It is a very nice feeling :P Although, I wouldn't mind someday experiencing the actual VIP treatment. It's on the 'things we will do if we win the lottery' list

Two hours???? for fireworks???

I can see that at Christmas time or peak summer time, but late January? Yeesh.

Agreed. I did much better in DL.

I think I would probably do better at DL too. Although, one of my problems is I also always get confused about which frikkin red dot is mine.

So, the opposite of what happens with you guys on TSMM.

Yep! TSMM is my ride, Buzz is Amber's. Although there was one memorable day I came close to beating her. I still don't know what the heck I did.

And? Did you feel it was worth it?

We enjoy the fireworks dessert parties. They're a bit steep, like anything at Disney, but it comes down to the value of time, and knowing we don't have to worry about getting on Main Street ages early to get a decent spot. The SW fireworks dessert party it the best, though. And I would not do it for IllumiNations, because there are so many good spots to be had in the World Showcase, whereas MK and DHS are a bit trickier in that instance.

Whoops. They must make a killing on those things when it gets cool.

Pretty much. Probably the same as they do with ponchos and umbrellas when it starts raining.

I kinda feel the same. Except with Ariel. 'Cause, you know... she loves me and all.
But the rest of the princesses?
Yeah... awkward.

Ariel is pretty fun to talk to at times, even when the feelings are purely platonic :P I think some princesses are easier to converse with, when they're a bit more outgoing themselves. Like... much easier to meet and talk with Rapunzel than Cinderella or Snow White.

No! Oooohhh... I'm thinking if she'd been caught by management..... :sad2:

She'd have been headed right back to the bayou me thinks...

I have no idea who she is.

Elena of Avalor is one of the newest Disney Channel shows. She is also the first latina princess, which was very exciting.

I'm not gonna lie, it's one of my favourites.

I appreciate Peter Pan's Flight well enough. I think it just comes from the fact that we don't have much of an attachment to the movie itself. Amber is adamant in her dislike of Peter Pan.

Did you pause to play with the shadow butterflies?

We didn't actually linger a whole lot, but we did wave our arms around a bit :P

Meh. I'll take HM and BTMRR any day.

Same! I'm sure it's really enjoyable for children, and the theming is great, but I don't think it's ever worth the standby wait it tends to have.

You must reallllly love her. :)

I really do! Which is why we always have so many Winnie the Pooh FastPasses made. I'd rather FastPass Buzz or BTM several times, but somehow, I always end up slipping Winnie the Pooh in there.

Which is about the best thing you can do with it.

Okay, that's a loooooong day.

Been there. I feel your pain.

It really was. But so worth it.

And a cute pic, too!
You sure you guys were that tired? You look pretty happy still. :)

I mean, is there a better place to be tired in than at Disney World?

But you know, I'd pose like that with DW. I like it.

Yeah, I don't mind the pose so much. I think she really just always thinks back on her days of having to use that pose for siblings only.

For a towel????? Was it spun from Yeti fur?

Well, it's a set of two, so you know. It's for two towels :P

What? No Snowgoose parka?

I'm actually surprised she didn't wear her winter coat. Then again, it was her bulky one. If she'd brought her 'beginning/end of winter' winter coat along, I'm sure she would have worn it

I can't even imagine the look you must have gotten.

It's probably best you don't try to

I never knew there was such a thing! Do all the parks have one?

They started it over December I believe. It was supposed to be a limited time thing, but it's been extended, so I don't know if it'll become a permanent thing or not. I think they may be beginning to see more pressure from WDW passholders to receive the same kind of treatment as they give DL passholders, because they do care a whole lot more about their DL folks than their WDW folks usually.

:laughing: Let's start a petition.

I mean, I don't want to hurry the inevitable replacement of Dame Judi either :P But once they start floating around rumors of a refurb and re-do of the voice over, I'll get right on that!

Disney should make Morocco be less blurry.

They really should

It Can Talk!

So, you may be thinking that I'm overdue for an update.

And you would be thinking right.

I am sorry to say though, that it will not be coming tonight, because I've been feeling a bit under the weather (and I'm a lazy bum) so although I had planned on doing an update today, it will have to wait.

But hey, I'm still on track! There's still 31 days left until our next trip (*cue squealing*) so I've totally got plenty of time to finish this TR up before we leave!

Besides, I've got something even better lined up for you all!

Do you have about 15 minutes to waste?

Have you always wondered what we sound like?

Do you think I don't ramble enough in these trip reports? (Ha!)

Well boy do I have a treat for you!

Because we have a (not really) new, (sorta) shiny YouTube Vlog Channel!

The Disney Chronicles!

We did upload a trip video from our November 2015 trip on there, so you know, hence the not really new.

We had actually hoped to start vlogging back in August, but lemme tell you, camera stabilizers are no joke. They are needed. If we'd gone through with it, they would definitely have had to come with a disclaimer. "Warning, may cause severe motion sickness".

So, we got ourselves a stabilizer and went for it in January!

And after we got back, well, we got a GoPro Hero, cause we're great with timing. So, you know, stay tuned also for May/June fun times!

In the meantime, I hope you'll enjoy watching our Disney adventures as much as you enjoy reading about them (which, hopefully you do).

Feel free to comment and suscribe as we're definitely hoping to stick with this, so there should be more coming!

And if you'd rather keep following along with us in the more old fashioned way, I'll do my best to have another update coming your way shortly!

Last edited:
Did you guys notice the guy standing behind Marie in the Everest queue who suddenly realizes he's on camera? I love his sudden wide eyes as he slowly slides behind her - I don't know why but it made me laugh.

Also, cute! I wanted to vlog my trip last week but my lens died. I enjoyed this a lot!

Did you guys notice the guy standing behind Marie in the Everest queue who suddenly realizes he's on camera? I love his sudden wide eyes as he slowly slides behind her - I don't know why but it made me laugh.

We did notice, and we were both just as amused! Especially since I then shifted slightly, which unknowingly put him back into the frame for a few seconds.

Also, cute! I wanted to vlog my trip last week but my lens died. I enjoyed this a lot!

Thanks! We're hoping to get better at it in a month!

Yay vlog! Excellent music selection for your arrival flight. I love Brother Bear. <3

I also had to chuckle at the Canadian-ism of apologizing for taking a video with your own camera when someone seemed to have asked you if you'd like them to take your picture toward the beginning of the video. I apologize for other people bumping into me all the time, so this felt too real.

Ain't nobody got time for DeVine on a short trip! #byedevine

Apparently you are no fun, @MarieLightning. I didn't realize I had to eat Yak and Yeti to be fun, but thank goodness I now know and can correct this!! (I'm not fun, either.)

Thanks for the look into your lives!! Maybe it's just me, but I think it's such a weird experience to see people you've never met interact in real time and hear their voices. I was waiting to see how much (if any) of a QC french accent you had, @MarieLightning! :laughing: Our Acadian French is totally different (worse?? I won't comment on that...) and I had teachers in my French Immersion classes from both NB and QC before who sounded completely different.

Well, we've usually got a bit more self control in the resort gift shops, because we figure, we'll be spending so much money at the Emporium, we shouldn't go crazy before having ever set a foot in the Magic Kingdom :P

Good point. I have a feeling you're in the minority, though.

It is a very nice feeling :P Although, I wouldn't mind someday experiencing the actual VIP treatment. It's on the 'things we will do if we win the lottery' list

I hear those things are hella expensive.

Yep! TSMM is my ride, Buzz is Amber's. Although there was one memorable day I came close to beating her. I still don't know what the heck I did.

I wonder what she would've said if you had.

We enjoy the fireworks dessert parties. They're a bit steep, like anything at Disney, but it comes down to the value of time, and knowing we don't have to worry about getting on Main Street ages early to get a decent spot. The SW fireworks dessert party it the best, though. And I would not do it for IllumiNations, because there are so many good spots to be had in the World Showcase, whereas MK and DHS are a bit trickier in that instance.

Hmm... I didn't know they had a SW dessert party. Huh.
Learn something new every day.

Ariel is pretty fun to talk to at times, even when the feelings are purely platonic :P

I think some princesses are easier to converse with, when they're a bit more outgoing themselves. Like... much easier to meet and talk with Rapunzel than Cinderella or Snow White.

::yes:: Heard that about the Frozen twins, especially.

She'd have been headed right back to the bayou me thinks...

:lmao:

Elena of Avalor is one of the newest Disney Channel shows. She is also the first latina princess, which was very exciting.

Ah. Since I don't watch it, that explains it.

I appreciate Peter Pan's Flight well enough. I think it just comes from the fact that we don't have much of an attachment to the movie itself. Amber is adamant in her dislike of Peter Pan.

Too many memories for it not to have an effect on me.

I really do! Which is why we always have so many Winnie the Pooh FastPasses made. I'd rather FastPass Buzz or BTM several times, but somehow, I always end up slipping Winnie the Pooh in there.

Awww.....

I am sorry to say though, that it will not be coming tonight, because I've been feeling a bit under the weather (and I'm a lazy bum) so although I had planned on doing an update today, it will have to wait.

No problem. Life. I get it.

There's still 31 days left until our next trip (*cue squealing*)

So, we got ourselves a stabilizer and went for it in January!

And after we got back, well, we got a GoPro Hero, cause we're great with timing. So, you know, stay tuned also for May/June fun times!

You guys are going all out!
Doubt I'll be subscribing, though... I can hardly keep up as it is!

Great job with the vlog - I especially like all the little disclaimer notes that you would put up (like apologizing for when it was a bit blurry)

And you are right about being able to hear how people sounds - definitely makes people feel more 'real" to a reader ... and we can read your TR with your voices in our heads

Following along. Glad to see someone from here, I totally get the comparison between Primeval whirl and Bobsleigh here in Montreal :)

Yay vlog! Excellent music selection for your arrival flight. I love Brother Bear. <3

Thanks! Amber selected the music, strangely enough, cause she's really not that big on Brother Bear, but I love it! Maybe cause it's the closest we're ever gonna get to having a Disney movie set in Canada :P

I also had to chuckle at the Canadian-ism of apologizing for taking a video with your own camera when someone seemed to have asked you if you'd like them to take your picture toward the beginning of the video. I apologize for other people bumping into me all the time, so this felt too real.

I really didn't even notice I did it until I was re-watching the vlogs, and I was like, wow, this is super Canadian

Apparently you are no fun, @MarieLightning. I didn't realize I had to eat Yak and Yeti to be fun, but thank goodness I now know and can correct this!! (I'm not fun, either.)

I know, isn't it odd the strangest qualifiers one has to reach to be fun :P I'm just too picky for most everything they serve there :laughing:

Thanks for the look into your lives!! Maybe it's just me, but I think it's such a weird experience to see people you've never met interact in real time and hear their voices. I was waiting to see how much (if any) of a QC french accent you had, @MarieLightning! :laughing: Our Acadian French is totally different (worse?? I won't comment on that...) and I had teachers in my French Immersion classes from both NB and QC before who sounded completely different.

You're welcome! We're really enjoying the vlogging aspect so I'm glad to see other people are enjoying too! Amber often comments on my lack of accent (with regret). For the most part, I'll just eff up a random word now and again. I did go to NB once when I was a teenager, and I did notice just how different both accents are.

Great job with the vlog - I especially like all the little disclaimer notes that you would put up (like apologizing for when it was a bit blurry)

Thank you! :) The editing praise really all goes to Amber, she's the one who's put them all together!

And you are right about being able to hear how people sounds - definitely makes people feel more 'real" to a reader ... and we can read your TR with your voices in our heads

I always feel that way when I watch other people, so I figured it'd be a nice touch!

Following along. Glad to see someone from here, I totally get the comparison between Primeval whirl and Bobsleigh here in Montreal :)

:welcome: And yeah, it does have a very similar format, although I really do think Primeval Whirl is a lot less painful

You two are adorable!!! Great vlog.

Thank you so much! :blush:

Good point. I have a feeling you're in the minority, though.

Oh, trust me, we spend way too much money on merchandise usually. Just not as much in the resort shop as elsewhere :P

I hear those things are hella expensive.

Ooooh yeah they are. Several hundreds an hour, and I think it's a minimum of six hours, something like that. It's probably better not to think of exact amounts too much

I wonder what she would've said if you had.

Probably whatever I would say if she ever beat me at TSM. Which would be colorful. We've both got a pretty competitive strike, her more so than me even :P

Hmm... I didn't know they had a SW dessert party. Huh.
Learn something new every day.

Yep! It's a bit pricier than the MK dessert party, though probably on point with the IllumiNations one, since they serve alcohol.

Too many memories for it not to have an effect on me.

Yeah, I can definitely understand that!

You guys are going all out!
Doubt I'll be subscribing, though... I can hardly keep up as it is!

HDY5hPw.gif

Just kidding, I can't even keep up with my own life. I get you :faint:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter