There's still "Magic" at Disney

Rosie31

Earning My Ears
We just got back and want to report that the magic is still there. Before our trip, I was reading DISboards and I was started to grow concerned about some of the changes to WDW (new fast pass system, service not like it used to be, etc.). Our last trip was 5 years ago.

But...it's still there. From the sparkles my daughter found all over floor of the Magical Express to the wonderful check in experience at our resort (Port Orleans Riverside). We celebrated many events (3 birthdays and an anniversary) during our stay and we had boat rides of people singing Happy Birthday to our daughter to announcements on the bus of me and my husband's anniversary to someone from the resort knocking on our door to give us a card celebrating our stay with them. I loved walking down main street on the morning of my birthday and all the CM's calling out Happy Birthday to me.

Our room at Riverside was clean, and well thought out with regard to space and storage. I'm kind of picky with regard to hotel rooms, but I felt right at home here. Magic Bands are awesome, by the way. We ate at some great restaurants with very good service overall.

As we were walking to Fantasmic with our tray of dinner, one of our desserts fell off the tray landing upside down on the ground. A CM saw this, apologized for it, and then proceeded to give us coupons for free desserts for all 8 of us.

Loved some of the new queues, such as Peter Pan, HM and Pooh as well as the new Fantasy Land area - The Little Mermaid ride and 7DMT were very well done. We ate at BOG and loved watching the snow fall in the ballroom. Tried to ask our server how they do that but she remained in character and simply said, "What do you mean, we're in the mountains of France and it's snowing," with a puzzled look on her face. We also loved Gaston's tavern and could spend an afternoon just watching Gaston's interactions with the guests.

Our bus service was excellent and we rarely waited more than 15 minutes for a bus (usually 5 minutes). We also appreciated the luggage service allowing us to drop off our luggage at the resort lobby the morning of our return and having it returned to us by the end of our flights. Even as we waited for the Magical Express to take us back to the Orlando airport, there were games for our kids to play and stickers handed out as we waited.

I could go on...but just wanted to share some of our positive experiences on our most recent trip.

I love hearing reports like this!

I agree with you that there's still magic at Disney. I hate hearing people who say "the magic is gone" from Disney World every time something changes. There will always be a lot of magic in WDW. You just need to have a positive mindset to see it!!!

We just got back and want to report that the magic is still there. Before our trip, I was reading DISboards and I was started to grow concerned about some of the changes to WDW (new fast pass system, service not like it used to be, etc.). Our last trip was 5 years ago.

But...it's still there. From the sparkles my daughter found all over floor of the Magical Express to the wonderful check in experience at our resort (Port Orleans Riverside). We celebrated many events (3 birthdays and an anniversary) during our stay and we had boat rides of people singing Happy Birthday to our daughter to announcements on the bus of me and my husband's anniversary to someone from the resort knocking on our door to give us a card celebrating our stay with them. I loved walking down main street on the morning of my birthday and all the CM's calling out Happy Birthday to me.

Our room at Riverside was clean, and well thought out with regard to space and storage. I'm kind of picky with regard to hotel rooms, but I felt right at home here. Magic Bands are awesome, by the way. We ate at some great restaurants with very good service overall.

As we were walking to Fantasmic with our tray of dinner, one of our desserts fell off the tray landing upside down on the ground. A CM saw this, apologized for it, and then proceeded to give us coupons for free desserts for all 8 of us.

Loved some of the new queues, such as Peter Pan, HM and Pooh as well as the new Fantasy Land area - The Little Mermaid ride and 7DMT were very well done. We ate at BOG and loved watching the snow fall in the ballroom. Tried to ask our server how they do that but she remained in character and simply said, "What do you mean, we're in the mountains of France and it's snowing," with a puzzled look on her face. We also loved Gaston's tavern and could spend an afternoon just watching Gaston's interactions with the guests.

Our bus service was excellent and we rarely waited more than 15 minutes for a bus (usually 5 minutes). We also appreciated the luggage service allowing us to drop off our luggage at the resort lobby the morning of our return and having it returned to us by the end of our flights. Even as we waited for the Magical Express to take us back to the Orlando airport, there were games for our kids to play and stickers handed out as we waited.

I could go on...but just wanted to share some of our positive experiences on our most recent trip.
So glad to hear another who thinks there is still lots of magic at Disney. We enjoy every second of our trips, except for when it's time to leave because no matter how long we stay we are never ready to go home.

Honestly, The Dis has become a place of doom and gloom more often than not. I quit reading half the posts, at least, just to avoid the haters. If you went by posts here alone you'd think Disney had become something akin to the 2nd layer of hell or something. And you'd have to think the parks would be devoid of people because surely no one would pay to go to a place they were so miserable.

I think that the more you dig into Disney the more magic you find. Everything in Disney has some sort of magic in it

I love this post! People seem to always have more to say when it's a complaint or something negative. This is a reminder that there are still lots of us who always find the magic in Disney, whether we post about it here or not. So glad you had a magical time. pixiedust:

Great post thanks for sharing. I am so glad you and your family had a magical experience on your visit. To me, Disney will always be a magical place no mater what others may think or say.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter