"There's the Cashmere Cat" - A Very Sparkly Dec. 2021 TR! *NEW 4/23

Day 7, Part 2 - DHS
Monday December 20, 2021

After B&B, Wesley wanted to go back into one of the shops to buy something he had seen earlier for a friend. We did that and then decided to wander through some of the shops on Hollywood Blvd that we hadn’t been in yet. I bought an Indiana Jones shirt from one of them (though I have no idea which one lol).
1650373123826.jpeg
We were getting pretty hungry at this point, so we decided to mobile order PizzeRizzo. Our pickup time was for like twenty minutes later, so we took our time heading back there. I got a cheese pizza, and Wesley got pepperoni and sausage. It was pretty yummy!

Once we had finished our lunch, we decided to head back to a drink stand we had passed on our way and get a drink to share. We got a Long Lost Island which had alllll the alcohol in it. The gin in particular was very strong. I took about one sip and told Wes that he could have it lol. He took it with him while we went off to wander through SWGE since we hadn’t really done much of that when we were here before.

There was a PP photographer out in front of the Millennium Falcon, so we jumped in line to get our picture taken. We ended up waiting an unusually long amount of time. We couldn’t really figure out what was going on, but then a new photographer came to relieve the one who had been out there, and she started getting people through much faster.

These ended up being some of our favorite pictures from the trip!

1650373169876.png

1650373184148.png

1650373185496.png

1650373208590.png

1650373224240.png

1650373234150.png
Then we just wandered around for a while, taking it all in.

1650373264900.jpeg

We even saw Chewbacca!
1650373289866.jpeg

1650373755298.jpeg

Wesley also insisted on stopping at a cart to get a detonator-shaped Coke and Sprite. (That are now displayed on his dresser:laughing: )

Day 7, Part 3 - DHS & Dinner with Wesley's Family
Monday December 20, 2021

Then, we headed out toward Toy Story Land to meet back up with Wesley’s parents. We all got in line for TSM together and probably waited about 40 minutes for it.
1650377323277.jpeg
So this time I have a picture of the scores, but didn’t make a note of whose was whose. :confused3 Clearly I was out of practice when it comes to TRs! :laughing: But whoever won, it was a close game!
1650377346467.jpeg

After TSM we decided to split back up until it was time to head out. Wesley’s parents went on their way, and then I decided I wanted a Grown Up Lemonade from WLB. I jumped in line for that, and Wes said he was going to run back into SWGE to buy a hat he had seen and he would meet me back over by WLB.

I got my drink and stood off to the side to wait for Wes to get back. And then it started to rain. :sad2: Wesley came hustling back from SWGE a few minutes later, but when I asked him if he had gotten the hat he wanted, he said no that he had bought a coffee mug for our house instead. :lovestruc

We pulled our ponchos out of the bag and got ready to head out into the rain. There was still a photographer out by the TSL sign, so of course we had to stop for some poncho pics!

1650377394888.png

1650377407305.png

1650377417478.png

We decided to take cover in front of VOTLM while I finished my drink. From there we decided to hop in line for MMRR. It had an 80-minute posted standby, but it didn’t look like an 80 minute line to me, so we decided to risk it. After a while though…we just stopped moving. We started to wonder if it had gone down, and people in front of us actually ended up sitting down because we had gone that long without moving. Wesley and I actually had to get out of line because we had to meet his parents so we could head out of the park. When we got out of the line and walked around to the front, we saw that there wasn’t a wait time posted anymore, so we must have been right about it going down. :sad:

It was about 4:40 when we were leaving DHS. We were planning to meet up with Wesley’s aunts for dinner—one of them lives just outside of Orlando and the other was in town visiting her)—but as we were leaving, we got a call from them saying that they were already at our resort. Oops! We had gotten our signals crossed somewhere. We thought they weren’t leaving Wesley’s aunt’s house until 4:30, but they thought they were supposed to meet us at 4:30. So we hurried back to the resort to meet them and let them through the gate.

We decided to order food from the poolside restaurant again and just brought it back to the room. I got a chicken quesadilla, which was very good!

We sat around chatting with them until pretty late. They brought everybody’s Christmas presents and had even gotten something for me, which was so sweet!

It was around 10:30 when they left, and then we all got ready for bed and crashed. We had two more big days ahead of us!

1650377464153.jpeg

Day 8 - Epcot
Tuesday December 21, 2021

This morning I had an alarm set for 6:50 to get up at try to get a boarding pass for Ratatouille at 7:00. We ended getting group 91, :cool1: and then I laid back down for a little bit before I needed to get up and start getting ready. When we were ready to leave the resort a few minutes after 9, we were bummed to see that it had started to rain and pretty hard. :sad:It was about 9:30 when we got to Epcot, and we all donned our ponchos and made our way into the park in the pouring rain.

The biggest annoyance was the rain that kept getting in my eyes, so we ran into Gateway Gifts as soon as we got inside the park so I could buy a hat.

We decided to head to the Land first, and thankfully the rain started to let up just a little bit as we walked. We got in line for Soarin and probably only waited about 10 minutes for it. We sat in A2 this time, which meant the Eiffel Tower was a little crooked lol. :laughing:

After Soarin we made our way out to WS and walked around to Norway. FEA had a posted standby wait of 65 minutes, but we decided to risk it and go in line anyway. We ended up waiting about 50 minutes, but we passed the time chatting with the people behind us in line.

We sat on the front row of our boat and had a nice visit with Anna and Elsa. :goodvibes
1650740894641.jpeg
1650740905044.jpeg

When we got off the ride, Wes decided to bite the bullet and buy a better poncho in the gift shop. The one he had was pretty flimsy and wasn’t really doing much, so new poncho on, we made our way back out into WS.

We headed to Italy next and stopped at the Tuscany Holiday Kitchen booth. Wesley got the lobster ravioli,
1650740924892.jpeg
and I got the fried ravioli, which was SO yummy!
1650740934459.jpeg
The lobster ravioli Wes got was actually on the menu as shrimp ravioli, but they told him when he went to order it that it had been changed to lobster for some reason. He said it was really good though!

From there we decided to head to America for the 12:30 showing of the American Adventure. It was nice to be somewhere dry for a little bit!

After the show we went to the funnel cake stand just outside the American pavilion to get a cookies and cream funnel cake (thanks @Newsies for the recommendation!).
1650740957498.jpeg
We hid out under the cover outside the American Adventure theater to eat it—it was fabulous!

After our treat we started walking toward France, and I was shocked to see that the gran marnier stand was open! Everything I had read said it had been closed for a while, but when I saw that it was open, I had to stop and get myself something off my Disney drink bucket list—an orange gran marnier slush! Definitely a new favorite :D
1650740976757.jpeg
1650740985663.jpeg
From there we went on the UK and stopped at the Rose & Crown so Wes could get a drink. I think he got a Leaping Leprechaun, which he really enjoyed!

Our next stop was the holiday booth in Canada for some beef bourguignons, which was rich and delicious.
1650740996939.jpeg

I'm a bit late to the party but CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT!!! What a fantastic surprise, and having your parents there too! Wow it's so magical, sounds like the best trip!

Also perhaps TMI, but I enjoyed reading about your magical 14th of December, while I was in labouring HELL before having my son on the 15th, haha!! But big celebrations all around on that day huh!

Congrats again :) <3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter