They are here! (Summer 2025 I mean)

Is anyone who's gone to Alaska is the concierge level needed for excursions? ie will I get most/all of the ones we want if I'm a lonely gold castaway cay club? booking a veranda?

my DW and I are in discussion now she said I object to that price lol we're trying to figure it out ourselves.
We are trying to go with a party of 15 so when you get that many rooms the price difference is just too much for us.

As for excursions, I know the glacier viewing one is pretty impossible to get. Its the only excursion that day and it takes a very limited number of people. From what I heard others aren't as bad, popular but not impossible. The biggest issue is weather in Alaska cancelling your excursion.

Is anyone who's gone to Alaska is the concierge level needed for excursions? ie will I get most/all of the ones we want if I'm a lonely gold castaway cay club? booking a veranda?

my DW and I are in discussion now she said I object to that price lol we're trying to figure it out ourselves.
We've never had trouble getting excursions in AK, 2012, 2015 or 2019 as lowly silver or gold.

We are trying to go with a party of 15 so when you get that many rooms the price difference is just too much for us.

As for excursions, I know the glacier viewing one is pretty impossible to get. Its the only excursion that day and it takes a very limited number of people. From what I heard others aren't as bad, popular but not impossible. The biggest issue is weather in Alaska cancelling your excursion.

We've never had trouble getting excursions in AK, 2012, 2015 or 2019 as lowly silver or gold.
it looks like there are 2 glaciers one with a dog and one with a seaplane are they all on the same day?

Oph a little sticker shock on the Alaska prices. We are cruising Alaska summer 2025 and were debating Princess or Disney knowing Disney would be more expensive but didn't think it was going to be THAT different. Nail in the coffin for a DCL trip for us summer 2025. Gonna start saving now so maybe we can do a summer 2026 one....maybe sell a kidney or something while I'm at it LOL <3

Jealous of all of you that are booking summer DCL trips! Can't wait to read updates
Same. I already created a spreadsheet for 2025 Alaska cruises and was waiting for DCL to post prices before we chose anything. I can get a mini suite on Princess or a vista suite on HAL and include their entire premium packages (wifi/drinks/gratuities) for $4K less than I can book a verandah on the cheapest 7 night DCL cruise that fits our summer schedule (May 26).

Last edited:
Another option for 2025 for our family could be the 5 night DVC Member Cruise; scheduled Aug 2-7. I've never done a member cruise and this one actually fits our summer vacation schedule. Anyone already figure out what ship has a gap in the calendar over those dates?

The most popular excursion is the one that gets on a smaller boat for closer glacier viewing on the glacier cruising day. We would have been able to book this as gold. Nothing major was booked out in gold excursion day. So I would say concierge is not needed. We also found that booking outside of DCL worked very well for Alaska. So many great companies to choose from!

Another option for 2025 for our family could be the 5 night DVC Member Cruise; scheduled Aug 2-7. I've never done a member cruise and this one actually fits our summer vacation schedule. Anyone already figure out what ship has a gap in the calendar over those dates?
Just figured it out. DVC member cruise will be the Dream out of Ft. Lauderdale. Guessing either Cozumel/Castaway or the Castaway/Nassau/Lighthouse 5 day itinerary.

How did you know those were the dates before looking for a gap?

Just figured it out. DVC member cruise will be the Dream out of Ft. Lauderdale. Guessing either Cozumel/Castaway or the Castaway/Nassau/Lighthouse 5 day itinerary.
When does DVC typically announce the members cruise? Would it be before booking begins for summer 2025?

It's over 16k for my party of 4. I think we'll stick to a 7 night eastern this time around.
I am curious how can you tell what it is for 4 people? I assumed you could only see the 2 person starting prices for the lowest category within the tiers (inside, oceanview, verandah, and concierge).

I am curious how can you tell what it is for 4 people? I assumed you could only see the 2 person starting prices for the lowest category within the tiers (inside, oceanview, verandah, and concierge).
You can update your search and it will update the prices.

When does DVC typically announce the members cruise? Would it be before booking begins for summer 2025?
No, it'll likely be after booking begins. That's how it was last year. We were actually booked on a cruise that was the same itinerary as this year's Member Cruise (but just a week after) and then they announced the member cruise a couple of weeks after bookings started. So we switched

How did you know those were the dates before looking for a gap?
Dates were in the member email I received this morning. So that much seems certain (booking April 13). The Dream and it's associated itinerary are all speculation on my part. Figured it out by looking at the 2025 summer itineraries. Dream was the only one with a gap during those days and the 2025 five-day itineraries for the Dream next summer include the two I posted earlier. However since it is a chartered cruise it could probably be whatever DVC chooses in that carribean/gulf area (within reason).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-03-14 at 1.39.48 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-03-14 at 1.39.48 PM.png
    225.3 KB · Views: 11
Dates were in the member email I received this morning. So that much seems certain (booking April 13). The Dream and it's associated itinerary are all speculation on my part. Figured it out by looking at the 2025 summer itineraries. Dream was the only one with a gap during those days and the 2025 five-day itineraries for the Dream next summer include the two I posted earlier. However since it is a chartered cruise it could probably be whatever DVC chooses in that carribean/gulf area (within reason).
Ah ok, I must have missed the member email. I feel like I only get half of them

I think it's because I'm logged in and my default search is 2 adults, 2 kids,

I've had a placeholder burning a hole in my pocket waiting for these (it expires August 25) but I have to say I'm disappointed. The only 7 nights out of FL are on the Treasure? :sad2: I may just cancel this placeholder and get a new one when I sail next month.

I was so excited to see Alaska but looking at the Barcelona cruise....has anyone done a Barcelona Disney Cruise? How were the excursions? I love Barcelona in the summer...hmmmm.

Edit:
I found the threads about excursions lol

Last edited:
was curious if anyone did the 9-day vs 7-day Alaska is it worth it for the 2 days? The big difference is the 2 days in Icy Strait Point, Alaska, and Victoria BC. I found some old threads but was curious.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter