They are here! (Summer 2025 I mean)

I'm ready, let's go! I was afraid prices were going to take a huge leap, but these don't look bad, I hope they don't go up too much by Thursday. We'll be booking one of the 7 night Alaska cruises that go to Skagway. I stocked up on gift cards from Costco when they were on sale for the deposit. First time I'll be doing it with a placeholder, I'll need to look back on how to use it. Not sure if I need to call for that or not.
Yes you need to call to use the placeholder.

Any DVC members on here? If so, anyone know how soon before booking they release the point charts? Not sure if we'll be using any, but I'd like to try to research whether it makes sense to and can't w/o a points chart
I'm not sure how soon the charts will be released, but the general wisdom is that you're always better off renting out your points and using the money to pay for the cruise. It's a little more work but you're going to get more money per point that way. You can go through one of the many rental companies or even rent them out yourself on the rent/trade threads here on Disboards. Of course, only you can put a value on the convenience of calling DVC to exchange points for your cruise.
I was hoping to see the new ship that’s going to port out of Singapore on the summer 2025 list. There hasn’t been much news on it, I can’t remember what Disney was going to name the global dream ship.
It's the Adventure

I'm not sure how soon the charts will be released, but the general wisdom is that you're always better off renting out your points and using the money to pay for the cruise. It's a little more work but you're going to get more money per point that way. You can go through one of the many rental companies or even rent them out yourself on the rent/trade threads here on Disboards. Of course, only you can put a value on the convenience of calling DVC to exchange points for your cruise.

It's the Adventure
I know, but some people also say it depends on the cruise situation, so I wanted to try to do the math. If we don't use any points on the cruise we'll def. be renting some out either through a rental company or to one of my husband's co-workers (he found out the Grand Cal is our home resort and was like :eek:). I do always try to avoid calling tho' :laughing:

Oph a little sticker shock on the Alaska prices. We are cruising Alaska summer 2025 and were debating Princess or Disney knowing Disney would be more expensive but didn't think it was going to be THAT different. Nail in the coffin for a DCL trip for us summer 2025. Gonna start saving now so maybe we can do a summer 2026 one....maybe sell a kidney or something while I'm at it LOL <3

Jealous of all of you that are booking summer DCL trips! Can't wait to read updates
YES INDEED! We have been patiently waiting for the Alaska itineraries, and those prices have us rethinking things. We have just about decided to book a Bahamian or Western Caribbean instead, before our placeholder expiration date, then book a placeholder for 2026 Alaska so we have more time to save. I sure wish they would release these dates a bit further out.
Disappointed, but, it is what it is.

Last edited:
Same. I already created a spreadsheet for 2025 Alaska cruises and was waiting for DCL to post prices before we chose anything. I can get a mini suite on Princess or a vista suite on HAL and include their entire premium packages (wifi/drinks/gratuities) for $4K less than I can book a verandah on the cheapest 7 night DCL cruise that fits our summer schedule (May 26).
Hmmmmm, maybe I should go price them as well. Have you ever sailed with Princess? I have seen pretty good video reviews......

Sailing distance. There’s a reason they are considered distant foreign ports for purposes of the Passenger Vessel Service Act.
The Magic went there last year - Bonaire and Curacao were both amazing. But it's hard to get there except from San Juan I guess (or a really long cruise).

I visited ISP on a Sep 4-11 cruise. It is definitely getting colder. Expect shops to be closing, fewer guests around.

Sitka seems like a homeschoolers’ destination ☺️ - lots of history and nature. (Based on the lives of my nieces + my own childhood trips of a nerd family).

I hope you do see the Northern Lights!

Space, the final frontier. Alaska, the Last Frontier.
Thank you! Yes, I have heard about closed shops but shopping isn't a big part of our plans. I also heard that the ones still open offer good deals too so, maybe.... ;) Yes, when I told my teens that we would get to go to Sitka they were SO excited!

Hmmmmm, maybe I should go price them as well. Have you ever sailed with Princess? I have seen pretty good video reviews......

I have sailed in Alaska with Princess three times. A Southbound (Whittier - for Anchorage to Vancouver) and the reverse Northbound, plus a RT from Seattle.

I went on the recommendation of a Disney cruise veteran (who had kids). We sail without kids (but I went with my teen niece the first time - we had all sailed the previous year with Disney).

I also sailed with Norwegian in 2021. My sister is trying Cunard this year - great itinerary and great price; ten nights, to include Sitka, ISP, Glacier Bay and a full day in Victoria.

We continue to sail Disney, but have been branching out for variety of destinations.

Is there anywhere where you can see each ships schedule linearly?
The Magic went there last year - Bonaire and Curacao were both amazing. But it's hard to get there except from San Juan I guess (or a really long cruise).

Many other lines do 8 to 10 day cruises out of Florida to the ABCs. Just not as port intensive. Looks like they went port intensive with their 10 day Magic this year.

Not that I know of but I wish they would do this.

Since they now have 3 ships from PC, there is no reason for them not to offer a couple of 10 night cruises. I would love one when kids are back in school from PC.

And the one they did release was disappointing. Tortola is fine, but Grand Turk, St Barts, Dominica and Martinique would be a lot more interesting than the ports chosen.

That being said, if I book something I will probably be boring and just pick a Treasure cruise in hurricane season. Use the potential for a hurricane to spice things up instead of the ports.

I have sailed in Alaska with Princess three times. A Southbound (Whittier - for Anchorage to Vancouver) and the reverse Northbound, plus a RT from Seattle.

I went on the recommendation of a Disney cruise veteran (who had kids). We sail without kids (but I went with my teen niece the first time - we had all sailed the previous year with Disney).

I also sailed with Norwegian in 2021. My sister is trying Cunard this year - great itinerary and great price; ten nights, to include Sitka, ISP, Glacier Bay and a full day in Victoria.

We continue to sail Disney, but have been branching out for variety of destinations.
That's my one complaint about Disney. They aren't exactly creative with their itineraries.

Sailing distance. There’s a reason they are considered distant foreign ports for purposes of the Passenger Vessel Service Act.
There are other cruise lines that go there and it's not like Disney doesn't occasionally go there as well

We took the Magic to the ABC Islands last May.

And I was back in that region in December - but 14 nights out of Tampa. If you are going to do a shorter length cruise, though, you need to cut the day or two it takes to get down to the VI latitude - hence the San Juan departure as @Calantha mentioned earlier.

The hard part is finding a cruise that includes Bonaire - the B in ABC. If anyone loves beaches, this is a nice alternative to the standard Disney itineraries. The ABC islands are outside the Hurricane zone, so a nice plus.

ABC = Aruba, Bonaire, Curaçao

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter