They Let Anyone In these Clubs Now! An Aug. 2017 PTR * TR link! 8/17!*

Success Makes Me Sad

Is everyone ready for the holiday weekend? We aren't doing anything that special, Sunday is my mom's 70th birthday so we'll have everyon over then. Steve's off on the 4th so I'm thinking we might take the boys to a movie (if Ricky is even around) and try to find fireworks. One thing I hate around here is that they tend to do fireworks on the 2nd and 3rd, but hardly anywhere on the 4th :confused3 Whatever you're doing I hope you stay safe and have fun!,

Moving on, I have lots of good news to share! First, yesterday a lovely CM refunded my MNSSHP tickets. If you remember from the beginning of this PTR we were supposed to go on 8/29 before we had to change our dates for football. This is great because it was a nice chunk of change, but sad because it reminded me we're not going. I went into the whole story of why we had to change our dates, how much I LOVE the party and how sad I am that we're missing it, and while she did mention that the tickets are non-refundable she then said she'd "make an exception this time" for me :thumbsup2 I'd like to think that makes me extremely special except I've heard of quite a few other instances where tickets are refunded, which honestly is a good policy.

Next, my ParkBound Buttons came! Here are my four:

IMG_6342.JPG

I really wanted to wear the "Get in, we're going to Disney" button when I picked Ricky up from basketball camp the day they came since pretty much all his friends are there with him, but I decided to save the embarrassment for Disney.
And here's the special button I ordered for my special Chris:

IMG_6354.JPG

Because he's SUCH A FUN GUY!!!! I wish they'd pick kids in Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor to be "that guy" because his personality would make for a great time :p As of now he insists he won't wear it but I bet $$ he walks out of the resort room at least one day with that pinned to his shirt.
Finally - and this is the best news, and while receiving this package wasn't a total surprise the contents really were - I want to share what a very special friend and fellow Disboarder sent me :love: Whitney, @Whit64130 , who works full-time as a Labor and Delivery nurse AND takes care of a husband AND is a fellow TA, took the time to make these for me:

IMG_6343.JPG

IMG_6344.JPG

Not only were these fantastic and very much appreciated shirts in the package, so were these beautiful coasters!

IMG_6345.JPG

I don't know why this came out upside-down, not happy but with all the trouble I and others are having just getting pictures to show up I'm not messing with it too much! I still hope without the picture right-side up you can get how gorgeous these are. I had to show all these off because not only did Whitney sending me these mean so much to me, but I wanted to show everyone her talent. Between getting money back and getting awesome mail I had an excellent week!

Finally, I tweaked a couple FP's and added/changed more dining. I also looked into ordering Steve and the boys some dri-fit Disney themed shirts from someone Renee @ArielSRL used for her trip earlier this month, so over the weekend I need to actually order those if I'm going to. Next I'm going to start posting our daily plans because as of today we're at
36 DAYS!!!!

Looking forward to your review of POP as that is where I am currently booked for October Girls trip.
Hi there! I've been slow to update my reports lately but I promise to have my review of POP in my TR done before your Oct. trip :)

And I have to say- I LOVED your 2016 TR reports -especially the Thanksgiving ones ( I, too, would have sought some Sangria:D). We are going over thanksgiving this year so was looking for TR that covered that time (although we will be offsite for most-if not all- of it).
Aw, :thanks: We absolutely love going over Thanksgiving, and we're both bummed we won't be going this year. I think Steve is even more bummed about it than I am! It was just too hard last year with school basketball and not knowing until the last minute who could go when, I don't have the strength to do it this year :faint: But you'll love it!! The parks are gorgeous, all the resorts that are decorated are gorgeous, and it's just overall a very festive time to be there!

Yes! I still have it! It was the one that popped off in line at EE but I caught it. I lost the Princess Leia one though. And yes, I heard about the scene. Hmmm....
Good! It might be worth $$ someday :rotfl2:

I'm surprised if the laptop wasn't unless maybe it's their low end model.
Well...........it's their low end model :rolleyes1 I got it a couple years ago and honestly, until I became a TA I really only "needed" my laptop for emailing, FB'ing, and Dis'ing. I'm a stay at home mom so a little PTA'ing, too. Therefore I didn't need anything expensive or top of the line, unlike Ricky and Chris :rolleyes: However I really do need to upgrade now. But until I started using it for tons of other things it was a good little laptop!

Hiya! I'm following along, too. And I'm excited to go back and read your other reports that I've missed over the last several months!!! :wave2:
Hello and :welcome: back! It's very nice to see you here :) I hope all is well with you and the family. I actually thought about you a couple months ago, so when I saw your post here it made me smile!

You may be shocked to know that we have stayed in PoP a few times and no serial killers got to us :-)
You have blown me away. I hope the refurbed rooms don't attract the scurvy type.
Oh wait! That would be happening over at CBR in the pirate rooms :P

Plus the boys can have their fill of not 1, but 2 food courts.
I'm a bit intrigued by the Pop food court but we actually enjoyed the AoA food court when I forced them into a LM room for a few nights a couple years ago. However I don't plan on eating at our resort until we get over to our WL club level :thumbsup2 but then again, Ricky especially can ALWAYS eat.

This is awesome!!!!!!!!!!! I hadn't seen it. Does it come in other sizes? I'm tiny purse kinda girl
I noticed your little purse :cool: They do have it in a crossbody and something else but I can't remember what right now. I just bought that online from the Disney Store, take a look!

Don't be so sure yet :P
Then I better watch my honey nut cheerios ::yes::

Here are my four:

img_6342-jpg.247947
Love them!! I really like the Wishes one and the ToT one and I have the BTMRR one!

img_6354-jpg.247955
HAHA. Btw, you should meet my Will...who refuses to pick up any toys because "he doesn't want to" and because "he wants someone else to do it" and because "he's the baby". Can you say difficult? I mean, special? I think I can see my future in your reports!

took the time to make these for me:

img_6343-jpg.247952

img_6344-jpg.247953
Love the shirts! Especially the squad goals one!

so were these beautiful coasters!

img_6345-jpg.247956
Perfect!

I also looked into ordering Steve and the boys some dri-fit Disney themed shirts from someone Renee @ArielSRL used for her trip earlier this month, so over the weekend I need to actually order those if I'm going to.
I hope if you order, they work out perfectly for you!

Next I'm going to start posting our daily plans because as of today we're at
36 DAYS!!!!
Yay! Looking forward to it!

Good! It might be worth $$ someday :rotfl2:
:lmao:

she did mention that the tickets are non-refundable she then said she'd "make an exception this time" for me :thumbsup2
YAY!!!!!!!

I really wanted to wear the "Get in, we're going to Disney" button when I picked Ricky up from basketball camp the day they came since pretty much all his friends are there with him, but I decided to save the embarrassment for Disney.
:rotfl:

Not only were these fantastic and very much appreciated shirts in the package, so were these beautiful coasters!
Amazing work @Whit64130!!! All of it is incredible!!!

Between getting money back and getting awesome mail I had an excellent week!
I'd say! :thumbsup2

Next I'm going to start posting our daily plans because as of today we're at
36 DAYS!!!!
Woohoo!!!!!! The first thing I thought when I got up this morning was I'm going to Disney NEXT MONTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :jumping1: Same goes for you guys!!!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes

Your trip is sooo soon! Amazing! Those pins are adorable!!
I am really anxious to here your POP review, as I finally decided to stay there in January, my TA got me a riddiculous price, so we'll stay value, but added the Deluxe Dinning!! And really food is so much more important (and they've added alcohol to the plan for 2018!!!!)
I've only eve stayed Deluxe, so I certainly have my trepidations, I will totally trust your review though as I know you're a deluxe girl after my own heart.

First, how fun to meet up with @kastoney and her daughter! I love your purse, parkbound buttons, and the tank tops from @Whit64130. The coasters are beautiful as well. Andi and I have several different park bound buttons. My favorite is Welcome Foolish Mortals. A funny story about the buttons, we were waiting to see talking Mickey and the CM starts talking to us about the buttons how cute and unique etc.. She then starts telling Andi, these infringe on WDW rights and she is surprised this shop has not been shut down yet:confused3. She does like a 180 and starts reprimanding Andi!

I love the one for Chris, I bet he will wear it one day!

I'm a taxi service...................every time I think I have more than 30 minutes to sit down at the computer I realize I have to drive somebody somewhere or pick somebody up!

The story of my life! It's even worse now because we moved one town away from where they go to school and we didn't switch their schools, so it's a CONSTANT back and forth and they pretty much can't walk themselves anywhere because it's a town away :crazy2: At least for this next school year they'll be in the same school and starting at the same time so it should be a little easier, and I'm hoping by next year DS will be driving :scared: so he can help out!

It sure makes for busy days!

These days will be ending all too soon and I'll be sitting around crying for them :sad::sad::sad:

I do keep checking for TA rate availability at WL CL for those 2 nights but so far no luck. I know the boys will like the over the top sports stuff here and while Steve and I will certainly not like the double beds, we'll deal. We'll have the food court to eat in when we arrive and that's probably the only time we'll eat there.

So I wasn't going to comment on your CBR choice because, well, I hate it there. I hated it BEFORE there was any construction :crazy2: They'd have to pay ME to stay there! That's why I didn't quote any of that stuff as I was reading so I could keep this to myself and not make you feel bad about your resort choice :rotfl2: I was so relieved that you changed! (*** :-)) [so weird…the Dis thinks I'm swearing…that was the abbreviation for All Star Sports!]or any value is better than CBR so I was happy! But now I'm thinking, WHY isn't she staying at POP?? That is always my "go-to" value. If I'm not staying deluxe I stay at POP…I just don't think the mods are worth the increased price tag.

when the boys are hungry they get nasty; then I get nasty; then we don't agree where to eat; then I get hungry, and then we all can't stand each other.

DS needs to be fed every couple hours. This is one of the reasons I love magic bands so much. He knows that anytime he needs a snack he can just get it, whether I am around or not.

lunch at either LTT or the Plaza (no judging! Yes I'm holding both!)

No judgement here…I have a few of those myself :rolleyes1

I've wanted to eat dinner at Park Fare FOREVER;

We ate there once and I wasn't feeling very well so I don't have very good memories of that place (definitely NO fault of that place…I was not feeling great before our reservation). I just can't bring myself to go back.

Something else I've wanted to do for awhile:

That looks fun! I thought maybe my kids were too old for it, I'll wait and see what your guys think :)

this is typical Chris at our first visit to BOG in Nov. 2012. I have no idea what he was making a face about but he really doesn't need a reason:

Love it!

Same attitude, different year:

That's DS to a tee! It must be a boy thing. As soon as the camera comes out, DD stops everything and puts her red carpet face on!

Second, which will come as no surprise, I gave our resort choice some more thought. The double beds have been bothering me. Still no TA availability at WL for our first two nights so I've moved us here:

OH! Thank goodness! Phew! You must have read my mind telepathically, even though you've already done this and I'm just reading about it this morning!

Finally, I ordered a new Dooney and Bourke purse!

I love my Dooneys!

Pirates of the Caribbean satchel!

So CUTE!

Kari @kastoney and her daughter Casey drove up on Sunday for some good food and invigorating conversation with Chris:

Great pic of you all!

Even better when they don't turn out to be serial killers!

Please be careful…we need to keep reading your trip reports.

One thing I hate around here is that they tend to do fireworks on the 2nd and 3rd, but hardly anywhere on the 4th :confused3

Same, but I could care less. Disney has always and forever ruined ANY other fireworks for me.

she did mention that the tickets are non-refundable she then said she'd "make an exception this time" for me :thumbsup2

That was so nice.

Next, my ParkBound Buttons came! Here are my four:

I love these!

Woody! Love it!

Whitney, @Whit64130 , who works full-time as a Labor and Delivery nurse AND takes care of a husband AND is a fellow TA, took the time to make these for me:

Aw! those are awesome! She is super talented! Aren't nurses the best :love::love::love: Hello, @Whit64130, from a NICU nurse :wave2:

36 DAYS!!!!

:cool1::cool1::cool1:

I don't know why this came out upside-down, not happy but with all the trouble I and others are having just getting pictures to show up I'm not messing with it too much! I still hope without the picture right-side up you can get how gorgeous these are. I had to show all these off because not only did Whitney sending me these mean so much to me, but I wanted to show everyone her talent. Between getting money back and getting awesome mail I had an excellent week!

Here is is right side up...

IMG_6345.JPG

You have blown me away. I hope the refurbed rooms don't attract the scurvy type.
Oh wait! That would be happening over at CBR in the pirate rooms :P

Hey, wait a minute!!! We're staying in CBR in September and we're not the --- err never mind.
:o

Last edited:
So I wasn't going to comment on your CBR choice because, well, I hate it there. I hated it BEFORE there was any construction :crazy2: They'd have to pay ME to stay there! That's why I didn't quote any of that stuff as I was reading so I could keep this to myself and not make you feel bad about your resort choice :rotfl2: I was so relieved that you changed! (*** :-)) [so weird…the Dis thinks I'm swearing…that was the abbreviation for All Star Sports!]or any value is better than CBR so I was happy! But now I'm thinking, WHY isn't she staying at POP?? That is always my "go-to" value. If I'm not staying deluxe I stay at POP…I just don't think the mods are worth the increased price tag.
We're staying at CBR in September and now you have me concerned. Why is it so bad? I want to know because we're DVC members and this is our first time staying at a non-DVC resort. The DVC resorts have spoiled us, so I'm already prepared for "this is more just a hotel room for a few nights" concept, but now you have me worried.

No judgement here…I have a few of those myself :rolleyes1
Now I know why I can't get any ADRs...it's the multiple bookings people.

That's DS to a tee! It must be a boy thing. As soon as the camera comes out, DD stops everything and puts her red carpet face on!
I'm still that way..., so maybe it's more a guy regardless of age thing. I like taking pictures of things and other folks, but just don't like being in front of the camera much
Girls are hams...yeah, your point? :lmao:

Please be careful…we need to keep reading your trip reports.
All the times I've been to Disney, the idea of a lurking serial killer never crossed my mind. Thanks a lot y'all! :rotfl2:

Woody! Love it!
How can you NOT like Woody? I mean, really, what's not to like?

Moving on, I have lots of good news to share! First, yesterday a lovely CM refunded my MNSSHP tickets.
Yay for good news!!!

img_6354-jpg.247955
I love all of your buttons! Trying to decide if I need to order some new before we go... and I really hope Chris wears his "special" button. :rotfl:

I had to show all these off because not only did Whitney sending me these mean so much to me, but I wanted to show everyone her talent. Between getting money back and getting awesome mail I had an excellent week!
Glad you liked them! I am bad at keeping surprises so glad I could at least keep the coasters a secret :thumbsup2

Aw! those are awesome! She is super talented! Aren't nurses the best :love::love::love: Hello, @Whit64130, from a NICU nurse :wave2:
Hi @buzzrelly :wave: Us L&D nurses love NICU nurses! :goodvibes

Congrats on getting the refund for your MNSSHP tickets :thumbsup2
Wow I love your shirts and coasters. Whitney is very talented and thoughtful :goodvibes
I love the pins you ordered and yes you should have worn one when picking Ricky up :rotfl:
Can't wait to see your day to day plans.
Happy 4th :hug:

Moving on, I have lots of good news to share! First, yesterday a lovely CM refunded my MNSSHP tickets. If you remember from the beginning of this PTR we were supposed to go on 8/29 before we had to change our dates for football. This is great because it was a nice chunk of change, but sad because it reminded me we're not going. I went into the whole story of why we had to change our dates, how much I LOVE the party and how sad I am that we're missing it, and while she did mention that the tickets are non-refundable she then said she'd "make an exception this time" for me :thumbsup2 I'd like to think that makes me extremely special except I've heard of quite a few other instances where tickets are refunded, which honestly is a good policy.

That's awesome! How lucky you are to get the refund...but also how sad. :(

I LOVE these! I almost ordered some for our trip. But my favourite is definitely...

img_6354-jpg.247955

Because he's SUCH A FUN GUY!!!! I wish they'd pick kids in Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor to be "that guy" because his personality would make for a great time :p As of now he insists he won't wear it but I bet $$ he walks out of the resort room at least one day with that pinned to his shirt.

...This one! That's hilarious. Knowing the little I know about Chris, I'd bet he'll end up wearing it. Just thinking about the times he decided to wear your mouse ears... haha

Finally - and this is the best news, and while receiving this package wasn't a total surprise the contents really were - I want to share what a very special friend and fellow Disboarder sent me :love: Whitney, @Whit64130 , who works full-time as a Labor and Delivery nurse AND takes care of a husband AND is a fellow TA, took the time to make these for me:

img_6343-jpg.247952

img_6344-jpg.247953

img_6345-jpg.247956

WOW, these are awesome!! Amazingly cool of @Whit64130 to make them! :lovestruc

Love the buttons! Good choices!
Thank you!

How is the what?!? 36 days! Man, that is coming up,fast!
I know! Ricky asked over the weekend and I was like, "whoa, 5 weeks" :cheer2:

Btw, you should meet my Will...who refuses to pick up any toys because "he doesn't want to" and because "he wants someone else to do it" and because "he's the baby". Can you say difficult? I mean, special? I think I can see my future in your reports!
I saw your post over the weekend on FB.......about the stuffed animals :rotfl2:I know I know, not funny. Neither of my boys did that but my oldest stepson did something similar when he was 4 or 5!

I hope if you order, they work out perfectly for you!
I meant to do this over the weekend and forgot :guilty: I want to try messaging her again tonight and see if there's still enough time to get them for the trip.

Those pins are adorable!!
:thanks: I've been wanting to order some for about a year but never get around to it, so glad I finally did!

I am really anxious to here your POP review, as I finally decided to stay there in January, my TA got me a riddiculous price, so we'll stay value, but added the Deluxe Dinning!! And really food is so much more important (and they've added alcohol to the plan for 2018!!!!)
I've only eve stayed Deluxe, so I certainly have my trepidations, I will totally trust your review though as I know you're a deluxe girl after my own heart.
To be honest none of us were looking forward to a value. I feel bad saying that b/c I know many people stay at the values and don't mind them at all, including two good friends of mine who could afford to stay at the GF every year but choose to spend their $$ differently. However as the trip gets closer I'm kind of looking forward to Pop; the big huge statues seem kinda cool! Plus the refurbed rooms. So while we're definitely a deluxe family and I don't see that changing, I'm hoping we won't mind at all a couple nights at Pop. I will definitely give you my review!

A funny story about the buttons, we were waiting to see talking Mickey and the CM starts talking to us about the buttons how cute and unique etc.. She then starts telling Andi, these infringe on WDW rights and she is surprised this shop has not been shut down yet:confused3. She does like a 180 and starts reprimanding Andi!
Wha??? :sad2: Not her place to say that to guests I don't think! And why the abrupt change in attitude lol? I guess I can see how they infringe on copyright but the shop has been opened for SO long, I think if it bothered Disney they'd have shut them down by now. I think they're safe!

I'm hoping by next year DS will be driving :scared: so he can help out!
Ricky turns 16 next April and he can get his license 6 months after that, so I still have to drive next summer but it blows me away that he'll be driving in less than a year!

These days will be ending all too soon and I'll be sitting around crying for them :sad::sad::sad:
I know :( That's why as annoying as it is sometimes I do like that I"m needed, and I try not to wish these days away too fast.............

So I wasn't going to comment on your CBR choice because, well, I hate it there.

:rotfl: Don't hold back! What exactly didn't you like about it? Deluxe is definitely our preference for sure, but we've stayed at 2 of the mods (POFQ and CSR) and didn't mind them. I have no desire to return to FQ as the theming isn't to my taste but I really enjoyed CSR. Now our stay in the LM room, which I guilted everyone into a few years back since I can never do anything girly, we did not really enjoy because while there's nothing overly wrong there it was too different from what we're used to.

DS needs to be fed every couple hours. This is one of the reasons I love magic bands so much. He knows that anytime he needs a snack he can just get it, whether I am around or not.
::yes:: Same with Ricky. If he needs a snack he just goes and gets it, and we're not inconvenienced every 2 hours.

We ate there once and I wasn't feeling very well so I don't have very good memories of that place (definitely NO fault of that place…I was not feeling great before our reservation). I just can't bring myself to go back.
I understand that. Ricky and Chris got sick AFTER eating at La Cantina once and won't eat the nachos there again, even though I've told them I'm positive it wasn't the food because I ate the same thing. And I was sick the last time we went to Beaches and Cream so when I think of going back I can't help think of how I felt sitting there while everyone else ate :crazy2: Won't stop me from going back eventually though, because the No Way Jose calls to me!

That looks fun! I thought maybe my kids were too old for it, I'll wait and see what your guys think :)
I thought so too and I pretty much resigned myself to us never doing it. But then I read a number of reviews from people who did it with parties of only adults, and with teens, and everybody loved it. Apparently the jokes the pirates make on the boat go above the heads of the littles sometimes. We shall see and I shall report :surfweb:

I love my Dooneys!
Me too! Great conversation starters.

Same, but I could care less. Disney has always and forever ruined ANY other fireworks for me.
I compare every fireworks show we see to Disney's lol, but I still enjoy watching them on the 4th. Luckily neighbors up the street began putting on fireworks displays on July 1st and continued through yesterday so.............I didn't have to go anywhere :rolleyes:

Here is is right side up..
:thanks:

Hey, wait a minute!!! We're staying in CBR in September and we're not the --- err never mind.
:o
See!!!
I want to know because we're DVC members and this is our first time staying at a non-DVC resort. The DVC resorts have spoiled us, so I'm already prepared for "this is more just a hotel room for a few nights" concept, but now you have me worried.
Well even though we aren't DVC we've stayed in a number of them, although never CBR but 2 other mods. Obviously I can't speak for @buzzrelly and her experience but we didn't mind the mods/non DVC resorts BUT, there's a difference and I'm sure you'll notice so it's good you're already accepting of that! A positive is you'll get your room cleaned every day :thumbsup2 It's never negatively impacted our trips. In fact our one horrific, terrible resort stay was AT a DVC resort that we'd booked with rented points, so really being unhappy with a resort can happen anywhere :)

Now I know why I can't get any ADRs...it's the multiple bookings people.
Hey, hey!I don't think there's many of us who do this :rolleyes1 My two right now are for Plaza and LTT so not even more popular ones......

I'm still that way..., so maybe it's more a guy regardless of age thing. I like taking pictures of things and other folks, but just don't like being in front of the camera much
Could be, Steve isn't big on having his picture taken either but will gladly offer to TAKE pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter