They're putting fences up on the beaches

I am so glad they are adding the fencing, and so quickly. My heart just breaks that this will not bring Lane back, but this will certainly end any confusion about what is meant by "No Swimming" or any alternate ambiguous language. Obviously, anyone can get through the fence to the water if they are determined, but at least it will be clear that this is not allowed.

Yeah I get your point. But honestly if this thread gets to where people debate why Disney would put a fence up, why they shouldn't put a fence up, what the fence should be made out of, why the fence would and wouldn't work, are they just going to fence up all the properties around WDW which have beaches, etc..I guess that was the reason I posted what I did..because that has already been discussed in the other thread (and yes that thread is long) to great length and now that other thread is talking more about the fence since people can see the twitter photo too. But really like I said it was just a suggestion I know you have been on that other thread too (I do understand other people's thoughts on why they wouldn't go on that other thread).

Anyways again..it's kinda pointless for me personally to continue on this thread but I appreciate the feedback.

I hear ya. Sadly I am feeling like MOST these threads are completely pointless and I would prefer the moderates just lock them all down now or move them all to the community boards. Like this thread is on Theme Parks Attractions Strategies. It has NOTHING to do with what this forum is for. No discussion about the accident or any thing that happens has anything to do with the Theme Parks and Attractions.

It's been a sad sad week in Orlando and for all who love it there. I get folks try to find solace here and talk it out. I think the shooting has shook us to our core and that carried over to a rare incident. Problem is that many who get on are just trying to cause drama and sensationalize the whole thing, cause that is what they like to do. Nothing is to be gained at this point. A child is gone and it is horrific. Disney will install more deterrents to help folks understand better the dangers of the water. And there is no more to the story for any of us.

I am in Orlando now. Agree it's been such a bizarre and sad week. I can confirm that the fences are indeed a temporary solution and I'm sure they will create a long term barrier that themes well to the environment. There are cast members patrolling the beaches to keep people out. Being here reminds me of what a vast operation WDW really is, and how they have to manage so many moving parts.

The resort continues to operate and entertain visitors as you can imagine. The occasional cast members did seem a bit out of it over the last few days (or maybe I'm projecting my own feelings) but everyone has been professional and courteous.

Just as an FYI the other thread was just closed (simply because other threads were opened up not because of people badmouthing each other and such). So happy posting here on this thread now :)

I had a feeling this was exactly what they would do. Not an impenetrable fence/wall just a little something to make it clear they don't want you going down to the water. That combined with additional and more explicit signage was what I anticipated. Nothing eliminates the risk entirely, as of course gators can get around on land and they can't block every access point to water, but I think it's appropriate.

Well it may keep people out of water, but it won't keep the gators from getting in. Watched two videos just today of them being able to climb very tall fences...

Has anything been added to the beach at the epcot resort area as well, or just the 7 seas lagoon?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter