Things are looking up, some Posters get me mad.

Don't let the "vultures" get you down. You have already proven you are better than that. Hope you have a quick and full recovery.

FIRST: I am NOT one of the ones who contacted the OP. This is the first I heard about it.

SECOND: My thoughts and prayers go out to the OP.

OK, lets take this with a grain of salt here. I'm not looking to get flamed, but I wanted to make a point about the so-called "jerks" and "vultures" and (here's my favorite) "villians" who made offers...

No one seems to consider this, but at least they DID make an offer to help out. I don't have the whole story, but I wonder how many of the holier-than-thou name callers IM'd the OP and offered her $15 a point to rent - "to help out". Or offered to buy her points for $80 a point - "to help out". How many people even offered $10 a point?

Say what you want about the bargain-hunters. Sure, they were trying to get a deal. But, before everyone starts bashing people without even knowing their motives, ask yourselves this... how many of you made ANY offer to rent the OP's points, even at fair market value? You know $3 a point (or $5 or whatever) is a whole lot better than $0. And if the OP tried to rent the points for $10 or $11 and no one took them, she at least had a fall-back position.

When you bought your home, didn't you try and get the best deal? When you bought your last car, didn't you try and get a deal? Did you buy anything at a "going-out-of-business" sale? Did you pay full-price or did you pay the discounted price? Did you EVER bargain for anything - at a garage sale?

These people made an offer. If the OP didn't like the offer, all she had to do was say "no, thank you". No one was strong-arming her into giving her points away.

People who live in glass houses...

(and, I'm sure the OP would GLADLY accept your donations to help her out, even now. So, unless you're a "jerk" or a "vulture" or a "villian", why not send her a couple bucks? Or rent her points at $15?)

I'm glad that you overcame the annoying posters, as well as, most importantly, cancer and the death of you dad. :hug:

I'm your neighbor from two towns away.............

Glad to hear things worked out for you and you are back on your feet.

rayelias said:
These people made an offer. If the OP didn't like the offer, all she had to do was say "no, thank you". No one was strong-arming her into giving her points away.

Nope, just kicking somebody when they're down. Honestly, I don't even know how to explain this to you since you really don't seem to see how insulting this would be. Really try to imagine how it would feel if you were her. I also think that it was really inappropriate for you to post what you did in this thread, I hope the OP is doing well now and doesn't take this to heart.

Disney527, my thoughts and prayers are with you - I know that this is an older thread so I hope you are recovering well. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter