Things Change...I would love to hear the latest opinions on restaurants

JessicaR

<font color=blue>DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>
I was last there in December for 3 nights. This month we have a 6 night stay. I will need some suggestions for eating! Please share and recent opinions on what you would not miss. Where was your favorite meal? How about BEST dessert?? (my favorite)

Has anyone had a meal at the Palm? (is that the name) at the Hard Rock hotel? what did ya think? Has anyone eaten at Delfino Riviera at Portofino? We plan one evening to use camp lil rock for the kids so we can have a nice dinner out alone. I know Emerils is a home run but we did eat there last time and wanted to try something different.

These are our definites.
1. Mythos
2. Margarittaville
3. Latin Quarter
Also has anyone had a character meal at the hotels?

also interested in hearing about lunches at the parks.

Thank you for any advice!!:D

Had great meals at Mythos and Latin Quarter last month.
As for lunch, we enjoyed our lunch at Lombards Landing. If you like gyro sandwiches, you can get good ones in the Lost Continent at Fire Eaters Grille. We also had a great lunch at the Latin Quarter. We did NOT enjoy our meal at the Enchanted Oak.

JR,
1: mythos for just about everything on the menu, and i have tried just about everything on the menu. fantastic fresh peach cobbler

2: monster cafe: good chef salad, chicken with roasted potatoes and onions, and the mile high apple pie is the best in either park.
plus the continious sci-fi flicks playing.

3: Thunder falls terrace: good bbq chicken and ribs.

4: Croissont moon bakery: morning cinnamon roll,

5: Enchanted oak: turkey leg meal that will bust a gut.

6: Finnegan's and confisco are ok, not great but rarely a total dissappointment.

I tried lombards once and was not impressed, maybe i was having a bad day.

We ate at the Trattoria character meal and we all liked the food. I had the daily special which was a very elaborate seafood and chicken dish (way more ingredients then I would ever cook for one meal!) and it was very good. I didn't try dessert too full! Scooby and Woody Woodpecker and a clown making balloons were there, we would definitely go again. For lunch in the parks I would second the Gyros at the place in Lost Continent. We also did the Monster Cafe in the Studio's but no one really cared for the meals there (2 adults, 2 kids 9 &7). Mythos for dinner was very good, had the banana dessert! Also tried Mama's which was good but not great!

The only two places I've eaten at through my 5 times of going to IOA have been:

Thunder Falls Terrace: Great ribs and chicken, but the flat bread sucks.

Comic Strip Cafe: I had the pizza, it's ok but I think the Cafe 4 pizza in Marvel Supeheroe Island is better.

Cafe 4: I once again had the pizza, it's better here than at Comic Strip Cafe, I think.

Whimpy's: To be honest, all I had from here was a soda. ;)

I'm going to IOA again this sunday, hopefully I'm going to try Mythos at last, but if not Mythos, it will be the Confisco Grill and backwater bar.

We stayed at HRH in April and ate at The Palm. The food was good but pricy. If I had ti to do over again I would have ordered a steak and split it with DH. We all ate non steak items because they were way cheaper than the steak. It really didn't hit me how large the steaks were even though the oz were given. I think all 4 of us could have split 1 easily. The hearts of palm salad was wonderful.
Finnigans in US was wonderful
Mythos was one of the best meals I have ever had, it is really that good.

Well, in the last three trips May, June & July...we have eaten at almost all you mentione probably twice! I can't say I was dissapointed in any!
***Delphino Riviera was outstanding!! It was romantic, food incredible & service wonderful! But I did hear that it is closed for awhile since PBH isn't all that busy.
***Trattoria del Porto was wonderful, they had characters one night we were there with plenty of attention(Scooby & ?), another night that had a magician that came to all the tables. We went for a birthday celebration & the cakes they sent were delicious!!
***Mythos was to die for, the food was different & tasty!
***Margaritaville is good for typical food, service is good & atmosphere outstanding.
***We ate pizza at Sals it was great!!!
***We loved going to the Thirst Fish for drinks outside overlooking the bay, ask for Jenn as a server she's great & telss funny jokes.
***Sunset Grill was awesome, had one of the best steaks that I've had in awhile. The atmosphere is cozy yet funky. There were chacters there the night we ate, Scooby & Woody.
***Both pool bars had nice lunches to choose from but the service was very slow at both hotels by the pool.
***Any other detailed questions feel free to ask! :)

Our meal at the Palm was an extreme disappointment...we won't do it again. If you are looking for a good steak, this is not the place to go. We had heard great things about this chain and were excited to try it...by the time we received our food and tasted it, we were just excited to leave.

Latin Quarter is our absolute favorite at city walk, emeril's is second (make sure to get reservations...they book up so quickly).

I was there on the 1st and ate at Mythos. I had a hamburger (Thick and juicy by the way) and shoestring fries. it was $10 which isn't outragous because it's much better than the hamburgers in the park and the drinks are free refills. My friend had steak and it was delicious and only $20 at a theme park is a good deal.

Monster Cafe was an average restuarant. The ravioli was pretty good but the pizza was very poor. The cheese was cold and the crust was stale.

Here's another tip: The large soda's throughout the park have "Peel and Win' stickers on them. We had one and it was for 20% off any restuarant at USF or IOA. I would highly recommend when you buy a drink to pay an extra dollar for the large, all of the stickers seemed to have a good deal on them.

Hope this helps,
Charlie

When I was at City Walk two weeks ago, in late July, we stopped at Margueritaville about 9:30 pm for a late dinner and had a first row table for the on-stage entertainment which began at 10 pm. Good basic food, excellent service and wonderful club band.

If you are a member of AAA remember to bring your card. You will get 10% off all food purchases at US, IOA, and CityWalk.

WOW! I loved reading all of you're views:)

gschmerl Mytho's is a definite (maybe more than once)! Last time we were there I wanted to try Lombards Landing and didnt I think I will do a lunch there...I have my AAA card and will take your suggestion...thank you:)

MIB999999 (wow is that your high score???)
Mytho's is the heavy favorite! Monster Cafe for the apple pie it is! But I wont be eating a meal here. We had a few breakfasts at the Bakery too but ours was cookies:rolleyes: gonna have to try the cinnamon roll now! I wanted to give Finnegans a try and think that we will do a lunch here......Thank you:)

heidimn We also had a charater meal at Trattoria at Portofino and its great to here they are still offering it. We will be doing that again now. Skipping Monster Cafe except for that apple pie!:p Thank you:)

Sha_lyn I'm thinking unless I hear some more positives that we will skip Palm restaurant. Mytho's once again pulls through in recommendations with flying colors! Will try Finnegans for lunch........Thank You:)

CPM Sounds like you and I have very similar dining tastes! I have quite a few questions to ask you and will PM you if thats ok:) We had the Pizza at Sal's too...it was fantastic. Once again theres that Mytho's rave you all seem to agree on that!!! Sunset Grill for steak? not the Palm? I'm sure since we will be staying at Hard Rock we will have a few meals here glad to hear you liked it!...Thank You:)

Webray Bad Palm experience...I guess we can skip this one since I havent seen a single positive why waste the money when there is sooooo much to choose from. Latin Quarter on the other hand will be a definite! What did you eat? Did they offer a kids menu? Thanks for giving me your opinion :)

IOASnake Another one for Mythos!! I loved the tip about the large soda's we will be on the lookout!! Peel and win's, what a great idea! Hope I win a free trip back!!! hee hee (yeah right):rolleyes: Thank you for the info:)

SStory WE also ate at Margarittaville and will repeat that one again...thanks for the idea to try and catch a show there late night...hope they are still doing that at the end of August! Thank You:)

EmerladRaptor I hope your trip Sunday is outstanding!! Have great time. Last trip we had lunch outdoors at Thunder Falls and the ribs and chicken were good...and the flat bread did suck! LOL We will do that one again too. Thank You:)

Well one thing is for sure Mythos is consistent!! Thats great news:) Last time we were there we only had dessert there and I am so looking forward to having a full meal there next time! Thanks everyone for giving me a much better plan on where to eat:) It is very appreciated
:D

my high score is 1,116,949. it took two guns since each counter will only go to 999,999.
i probably do myhtos and mib more than a normal person would :smooth:

probably?? Hee hee:p I'd say thats a pretty good assumption! I wish I lived so close! You lucky dog!! I'm thinking they know you on a first name basis by now;)

some do, and yes it does help when it comes to lines at times. If you eat at mythos, there is a great waitress that can answer any question about how a dish is made or the tastes involved. Her name is Kierin. I always ask to be seated in her section if possible. my wife and i both think she does a great job. :pinkbounc

Originally posted by MIB999999
my high score is 1,116,949. it took two guns since each counter will only go to 999,999.
i probably do myhtos and mib more than a normal person would :smooth:

You probably didn't look as cool as Chow-Yun Fat holding two guns. :)

Originally posted by JessicaR
WOW! I loved reading all of you're views:)
CPM Sounds like you and I have very similar dining tastes! I have quite a few questions to ask you and will PM you if thats ok:) We had the Pizza at Sal's too...it was fantastic. Once again theres that Mytho's rave you all seem to agree on that!!! Sunset Grill for steak? not the Palm? I'm sure since we will be staying at Hard Rock we will have a few meals here glad to hear you liked it!...Thank You:)
:D

Jessica, PM Away, I'd be happy to answer any questions you have. Yes, steak at the Sunset Grill was really good, reasonable also,I think the whole meal with a bottle of wine, salad & one dessert was close to $100.00.

Originally posted by Barry Hom

You probably didn't look as cool as Chow-Yun Fat holding two guns. :)

you are right cause i only used one gun to hit the 999,999 before we got to the big bug. there was no one in the seat next to me so i grabed that one and started shooting. i tried two guns at once and i will not embarass myself in that fashion again. first max out gun a and then use gun b :D

Breakfast Buffet at the Sunset Grille (HRH)
Lunch at the Confisco Grille (even without the Character's who are no longer there:mad: )
Dinner at Hard Rock Cafe (Boy has this place improved)
and finally
Dessert(Frozen Margarita) at the outside servcice window at Margaritaville;)
HAVE FUN

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter