• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Things for Boys to Do

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenCl456

Earning My Ears
I know they have the princess make overs and such. What do they have gears for boys?

If you're looking for a makeover for boys, there's a Pirates version of the "princess makeovers" in Adventureland called The Pirates League. You can find more information about it here.

I have really struggled over the years of what to do with my son. It seems there are endless possibilities for my princess-loving daughters. Here are some of the ideas we've done and are doing soon: golfing with Dad, Sorcerers of Magic Kingdom, Agent P missions, arcades at the different resorts, mini-golf, renting a boat, horseback riding, archery, eating "the kitchen sink" at Beaches and Cream, bowling, watching a movie in Disney Springs, water parks, hot air balloon...

I have really struggled over the years of what to do with my son. It seems there are endless possibilities for my princess-loving daughters. Here are some of the ideas we've done and are doing soon: golfing with Dad, Sorcerers of Magic Kingdom, Agent P missions, arcades at the different resorts, mini-golf, renting a boat, horseback riding, archery, eating "the kitchen sink" at Beaches and Cream, bowling, watching a movie in Disney Springs, water parks, hot air balloon...

So many great suggestions and so many things to do! My DS has been going to WDW since he was 1 (he's 10 now) and here are the things he loves to do:

The Pirate Adventure in MK
Sorcerers in MK
DIY Monorail Crawls (we start at Trader Sam's when they open at 4 pm)
Visiting the stables at Ft. W
Boat rentals
The kids pirate adventures at the resorts (his favorite is the one that leaves from YC)
The kids clubs (though his favorite has closed, the Pixar one would have been a hit when he was younger)
Going to the Boardwalk at night for ESPN dinner, Ample Hills ice cream, magicians, jugglers and carnival games
Hoop Dee Doo Revue
Wild Africa Trek in AK
Wilderness Explorers in AK
Agent P in EP
All things Star Wars in DHS
The Void in DS
Characters in Flight in DS
The knight makeover at BBB
The pirate makeover at Pirate's League
Pirate's and Pals
Sci Fi Dine Inn
Tusker House
watching the fireworks from Cali Grill
watching the Electric Water Pageant
Mini golf (especially WinterSummerland)
Water parks

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game at MK

Pirate's Adventures at MK https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/pirates-adventures/

Agent P Missions at Epcot World Showcase

Great for all kids, of all ages, and free!

We've never genderized activities at WDW, or anywhere actually, so my girls know that there aren't "boys' things" and "girls' things", just like there aren't any other restrictions in life for gender. Actually, there's just the one biological sex thing :) of gestation that separates humans into groups. The rest is pretense. Just had friends go to WDW and they did lots of princess breakfasts as one son really likes the princesses. If they had the pirate makeover a decade or so ago, my older daughter would have loved it! She'd actually probably do it now, and she's in her late 20's.

Great for all kids, of all ages, and free!

We've never genderized activities at WDW, or anywhere actually, so my girls know that there aren't "boys' things" and "girls' things", just like there aren't any other restrictions in life for gender. Actually, there's just the one biological sex thing :) of gestation that separates humans into groups. The rest is pretense. Just had friends go to WDW and they did lots of princess breakfasts as one son really likes the princesses. If they had the pirate makeover a decade or so ago, my older daughter would have loved it! She'd actually probably do it now, and she's in her late 20's.

Give me a break! Can we cool it with the PC lecture? Stereotypically (meaning about 80%) of boys like to do certain things and the same holds true for girls. It doesn't mean all, but most. I have two boys and two girls, and from the time they could express their interests, my girls like different things than my boys. Sorry....it's Biology.

My grandson loved, loved Indiana Jones show at HS. That was his favorite. He also liked Jedi Academy. When my son was younger - years ago - he liked the arcade and Tom Sawyer Island. He could have spent all day there.

This actually brings up an interesting (at least I think so) question: Would Disney do a princess makeover for a boy if he wanted it and the parents paid for it?

This actually brings up an interesting (at least I think so) question: Would Disney do a princess makeover for a boy if he wanted it and the parents paid for it?

My 4yo would LOVE it. He's a "biological boy" if we're talking that way, into sports and Cars and trains and trucks, but he also has 2 big sisters and loves to wear their princess dresses. He's currently very into wearing an Elsa dress and walking around "freezing" things, which I agree seems like a totally cool thing for a 4yo boy to be into... We are going to Disney in December and I'm anti BBB so we won't be going, but if he wants to wear a princess dress at the parks I will have no problem with it, and will even bring glitter gel to make him (and his sisters) sparkly!

Oh, and I have a feeling he'll also be completely into meeting princesses... his last trip at age 1.5 he had big lipstick kisses all over his face and he just LOVED it.

Give me a break! Can we cool it with the PC lecture? Stereotypically (meaning about 80%) of boys like to do certain things and the same holds true for girls. It doesn't mean all, but most. I have two boys and two girls, and from the time they could express their interests, my girls like different things than my boys. Sorry....it's Biology.

Why is it a bad thing to not want to shame the 20% or so of kids in your made up statistic there who don’t fall into whatever they’re socialized to prefer?

There are biological differences between the two sexes - but they’re in terms of things like attention span. Liking princesses or pirates based on your gender is cultural, not biological. You really don’t need to get up in arms because someone points out that you don’t have to stick to the gender stereotype stuff for your kids at Disney - that some boys will enjoy the princess stuff and some girls will enjoy the Pirates.

My 4yo would LOVE it. He's a "biological boy" if we're talking that way, into sports and Cars and trains and trucks, but he also has 2 big sisters and loves to wear their princess dresses. He's currently very into wearing an Elsa dress and walking around "freezing" things, which I agree seems like a totally cool thing for a 4yo boy to be into... We are going to Disney in December and I'm anti BBB so we won't be going, but if he wants to wear a princess dress at the parks I will have no problem with it, and will even bring glitter gel to make him (and his sisters) sparkly!

Oh, and I have a feeling he'll also be completely into meeting princesses... his last trip at age 1.5 he had big lipstick kisses all over his face and he just LOVED it.

My two year old does that too! We don't have the official elsa dress, but he steals light blue dresses and shawls from my closet and walks around with them flowing behind him singing "the cold never bothered me anyway." My twin boys went nuts for "Enchanted Tales with Belle," and Cinderella's Royal Table and Akershus are must dos every trip.

Why is it a bad thing to not want to shame the 20% or so of kids in your made up statistic there who don’t fall into whatever they’re socialized to prefer?

There are biological differences between the two sexes - but they’re in terms of things like attention span. Liking princesses or pirates based on your gender is cultural, not biological. You really don’t need to get up in arms because someone points out that you don’t have to stick to the gender stereotype stuff for your kids at Disney - that some boys will enjoy the princess stuff and some girls will enjoy the Pirates.

Nobody ever said anything about shaming anyone. Everyone knows what the OP was asking for and it wasn’t for more princess opportunities that boys will like to do. I’m sorry, I just get tired of the PC police.

Nobody ever said anything about shaming anyone. Everyone knows what the OP was asking for and it wasn’t for more princess opportunities that boys will like to do. I’m sorry, I just get tired of the PC police.

Looks to me like you are the one getting “up in arms” and trying to “police” everyone into agreeing with you that “biology” dictates what children enjoy at Disney World, and the previous poster was sharing her experience that all WDW activities are enjoyed by and available to kids regardless of gender.

As someone who grew up in Saudi Arabia, the “PC police” sounds pretty darn awesome compared to the actual police there that enforced conformity to the gender social norms in that country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter