• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Things from your childhood that feel like ancient history now

Being able to pre-pay for milk in elementary school for $8.75 for the entire school year, 175 days, 5 cents a carton. Today that carton is 50 cents, so $87.50 for a year.

I remember when theaters were showing 1 dollar movies
My mother goes to the movies a lot (did before the pandemic.) Her theater matinee with senior discount is $11.75. Regular tickets at my theater is $11 and it's a much nicer theater with seats that are actually not ripped up and they clean between showings.

Flipping through these bad boys every Christmas as a kid ... scrambling to get to the toy pages and circle my dream gifts. :laughing:

View attachment 574981

Ours was the Sears catalog. There was quite an uproar when they stopped sending it out.
I don't know what this means...

Fredos are a small chocolate frog candy. I believe there are other flavours but I haven't had one in ages. I thought they were an Australian treat, but pretty sure the op is British, so maybe the're there too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter