Things no longer seen on DCL

Not around since the begining of DCL but we went right before the "internet book of secrets". My first CC 5K had maybe 15 runners. I was actually the least athletic of everyone in the group and finished last. The next year there were probably 49 and then this past year there were probably closer to 100 runners. My friend and I actually started about 10 minutes past the first runner there were so many of us! Everyone heard about the new nicer medals (we were the 3rd sailing to get them) and the fact it was a free runDisney race.

Going through some old pics I found a bunch of things no longer on DCL (at least on some of the ships)

Thanks for going on a treasure hunt! I loved seeing all of those pictures! Those post cards look lovely, what a shame that they discontinued that. And 80s night must have been a lot of fun!

Pirate buffet outside, not in cabanas

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 68
  • Pirate-Night-Dessert#EC87A5.jpg
    Pirate-Night-Dessert#EC87A5.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 61
Magic

2zjkx1y.jpg

SOMEBODY must have figured a way to smuggle the life preserver off the ship, no? BEST SOUVENIR EVER!!!!

Heres one I wish I had pictures for. Hercules The Musecal. Loved that show.

Wouldn't it be nice if (I'm coupling this with the rumors of a new show on the Wonder) they replaced Toy Story with Hercules?

It would be, sadly I don't see that happening. Id love it if they did though.

Heres something else I just thought of no loner seen on DCL. Late stops at ports. All of the ports the ships depart around 530 ish give or take. Its rare for a ship to spend more then about 8 or 10 hours in a port. In the early days, in Nassau, the ship left at 230am.

It would be, sadly I don't see that happening. Id love it if they did though.

Heres something else I just thought of no loner seen on DCL. Late stops at ports. All of the ports the ships depart around 530 ish give or take. Its rare for a ship to spend more then about 8 or 10 hours in a port. In the early days, in Nassau, the ship left at 230am.
I know, I haven't seen it, but everyone who has says it's soooooo good. I'm just glad they've decided to retire Toy Story. With the addition of a new Frozen show at DCA, maybe that's in the works for DCL also.

When it's said late calls in ports haven't been seen...

Copenhagen - overnight 2015. I got back 10.30 pm.
St Petersburg - overnight 2015. I got back 9.45pm.
Iceland- overnight. Etc.

Toy story went out to a full house on our Wonder cruise with a standing ovation, no one leaving during the performance, which other shows have, and rounds of applause and " whooping ". Whilst one person may not like it 2,400 others may love it.

I know, I haven't seen it, but everyone who has says it's soooooo good. I'm just glad they've decided to retire Toy Story. With the addition of a new Frozen show at DCA, maybe that's in the works for DCL also.

One of the things I loved about the show is the improve that's in it. Hades had a couple of minute rant that would best the one in Villains Tonight.

Im going to guess and say its a variation on Frozen, especially since the Wonder spend time in Alaska, and it would make some sense. If not I would guess at some type of Star Wars show, since both are being rammed down every ones throat.

Iceland- overnight. Etc.

Toy story went out to a full house on our Wonder cruise with a standing ovation, no one leaving during the performance, which other shows have, and rounds of applause and " whooping ". Whilst one person may not like it 2,400 others may love it.

Glad to see that Toy Story got a warm send off. Im sure that the crew appreciated it since they usually have their favorites.

Iceland- overnight. Etc.

Now that I think about it, when you look at say the distance between Nassau, and CC or Costa Maya and Cozumel, its only a few hour run from 1 to the other, (were talking less then 100 miles for both) so other then money I cant think of a reason why the ships cant stay longer.

Now that I think about it, when you look at say the distance between Nassau, and CC or Costa Maya and Cozumel, its only a few hour run from 1 to the other, (were talking less then 100 miles for both) so other then money I cant think of a reason why the ships cant stay longer.

Yes, also between St Thomas, St Maarten, Puerto Rico etc.

My theory is that it is not the money, but the "style" of a DCL vacation. They want people to show up for rotational dining and the show as those are selling points for DCL. If the ship is in port past the seating time for first dinner, people will want to have alternatives for dining and the regular set up for dinner at DCL is not really capable for that.

Yes, also between St Thomas, St Maarten, Puerto Rico etc.

My theory is that it is not the money, but the "style" of a DCL vacation. They want people to show up for rotational dining and the show as those are selling points for DCL. If the ship is in port past the seating time for first dinner, people will want to have alternatives for dining and the regular set up for dinner at DCL is not really capable for that.

I also think that it is easier to control the passengers with early depatures. People are not hanging out in town drinking losing track of time. Plus they are drinking on board using the KTW card not tracking what they spend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter