Things on TV shows that bug you....

Little House....why couldn't Michael Landon get a couple violin lessons and learn to fake it better?

Blue Bloods....Tom Selleck and Len Cariou (the character that plays his father) are only five years apart in real life.

MASH...Harry Morgan played General Steele in an episode prior to coming on the show full time as Colonel Potter. MASH was and is one of my favorite shows, but there were lots of inconsistencies from the beginning to the end.

Feel free to add...

The only things that bother me that I can think of right now are grammatical errors (unless the character is supposed to be uneducated) and when people don't say goodbye or bye when ending a cell phone call.

The laugh tracks - not all the time but when it's practically after every sentence. I notice it all the time when my husband watches The Big Bang Theory - drives me crazy. Thought of a few more - when the scenery is dark and it's hard to see what's going on and when the characters seem to mumble and I don't know what they are saying. These both could be my eyes and ears (or tv) though - lol.

Ok, this is a weird one. Empty purses. They only thing in the purse is usually the one key they need, their wallet or the one piece of paper they need :) You can tell how empty it is when they try to grab it and it just flies around because it's so light!!

When close friends or family don't say good-by before hanging up the phone. They just hang up.

The way cups of coffee or a carry-out tray of coffee are handled. There's no care in holding or carrying them. IRL, the coffee would be spilling all over. It's so obvious sometimes that the cups are empty but we're supposed to believe they're full.

Ok, this is a weird one. Empty purses. They only thing in the purse is usually the one key they need, their wallet or the one piece of paper they need :) You can tell how empty it is when they try to grab it and it just flies around because it's so light!!

I'd agree -- or the "I've been backpacking through Europe for the last year" backpack that you can tell is just stuffed with tissue paper.

One that bothers me is when they take a grainy photo and say "Let's try to enhance this." They click one button and suddenly it's so clear that you can read the headline on the newspaper the guy is holding. It doesn't work like that. (But I know nobody wants to sit and watch them manipulate the image for hours. That's not good TV.) Or when someone sends and e-mail and it appears to fold itself up into an envelope and "fly" off the screen. Has anybody actually *sent* an e-mail?

However, we were discussing this with family recently and everyone had their own pet peeves.
-- My SIL, who is a nurse, said she gets annoyed when the medical staff on TV shows check the IV machine (or other equipment) and you can tell it's not even on. That's not something I've EVER noticed.
-- My FIL, who's a classic car buff, said he gets annoyed when they show old cars with the gear shift on the steering column. He knows they're green screened anyway and not really driving, but it takes him out of it when you can SEE the gearshift is in Park. Again, not something I'd ever noticed.

Ok, do they even need to show that they are brushing their teeth? That's one of those makes me sick to my stomach things...eeewww :)

Yes, exactly, same as the vomiting that a previous poster mentioned. Or people sitting on the toilet. Everytime I think of when I binge-watched "Breaking Bad" with my husband, I just remember how every time I sat down with a snack, it seemed like someone on the show graphically vomited right at that moment. So unnecessary!

Subtitles. Ok I get it that you want us to realize some of the people in the show are from another country, but can't you just establish that and not have them continue to speak in another language and force us to try and read subtitles, often against a background that makes them very difficult to read?

MASH...Harry Morgan played General Steele in an episode prior to coming on the show full time as Colonel Potter. MASH was and is one of my favorite shows, but there were lots of inconsistencies from the beginning to the end.

Feel free to add...

I have been binge watching Perry Mason on FETV the last few weeks. The show was on for 9 years, but they are not running them in sequence, so some of the guest stars are in shows back to back.
The best are when they are are a homicide victim in one episode, and the next one they are alive again and playing a police detective, or suspect, or some other role.
Or actors familiar from other roles turn up.
My favorites, when the guest star Neil Hamilton confessed to murder. You might recognize him as Commissioner Gordon on the Batman TV Series.
Or when Bernard Fox confessed to murder. You might recognize him as Dr. Bombay on Bewitched.
And Richard Anderson is a police investigator....you might recognize him as Oscar Goldman from the Bionic Man/Bionic Woman shows.
Or William Schallert. I think that guy was on every show at some point. Murderer, father, Smurf, cop, minister.....often a repeat guest in a different role.

Agree with the PP and light backpacks. Unless you're about to fall over from trying to balance the weight, don't even attempt it. Grocery bags that are clearly empty packaging. Perfect hair. People in high paying/status jobs without an education (thinking soap operas here). Fake driving with a green screen background. Unrealistic houses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter