Things/ places that inexplicably give you the creeps...

When my wife and I were house hunting in 1983 we looked at one house multiple times. It was actually two old houses that had been moved to this lot and put together as one house. For some reason that I don't remember we finally went to look at the house after dark, and the hair on the back of our necks stood up. Something was just not right. Even our Real Estate Agent got the same feeling. Ended up buying a house a mile away, so go buy the other house frequently. It has been up from sale frequently over the past 37 years so something must be wrong for others too

Louvers. We took down some shutters on our house this summer intending to paint them and it was absolutely horrifying when all the moths that were living in/behind them all flew out at us. Now we are 100% opposed to louvred shutters and won't put them back up. To add to that, last weekend we found a bat in our house sleeping on the louvred closet door in the upstairs hallway. We're now both completely creeped out by any and all louvers.

Big open spaces totally freak me out, the movie "Hush" was pretty much what is in my head, I chalk it up to being a city girl... shivers just thinking about it.

When my wife and I were house hunting in 1983 we looked at one house multiple times. It was actually two old houses that had been moved to this lot and put together as one house. For some reason that I don't remember we finally went to look at the house after dark, and the hair on the back of our necks stood up. Something was just not right. Even our Real Estate Agent got the same feeling. Ended up buying a house a mile away, so go buy the other house frequently. It has been up from sale frequently over the past 37 years so something must be wrong for others too

We just looked at an antique house yesterday that gave me such a bad/creepy feeling I refused to go upstairs. We’ve seen a lot of pre-1820s properties and I have never gotten such a bad feeling in my stomach in broad daylight. The house felt so sad, could not get out of there fast enough. Major creeps factor.

The entire top floor of the building I work in.
It is only assessible by steep stairs going up the side of the building. The people that originally owned the building had some kind of engineering business up there & altho I saw their cars parked outside, I only saw one of the guys a few times over the years. When they finally sold the building to the company I worked for they left the whole space up there a total mess. I've been up there a few times with the cable company or the phone company people as all the buildings phone & cable wiring is up there. Only once have I had to go up there alone when the main office called & needed some kind of serial numbers from the phone box up there. There was plenty of light up there except in that dark--dark closet where I had to look, lol. I had the worst vibes the whole time I was up there and refuse to ever go back.

The basement at my mom’s house. She lives in Ny and has a 1899 house. I’m sure the basement still looks the same. My parents just never did much with it. It’s just always been spooky.

I went to grad school outside of Bangor, ME, which is the home of Stephen King. My family lived in southern Maine and I'd go home to visit fairly frequently. It always creeped me out to drive north on Rt. 295, approaching Augusta, late at night. It's a low lying, damp area and the mist would gather in the lowest, wettest spots and then creep across the highway, just like something from a Stephen King novel. I was always terrified to look in the rearview mirror and see what might be following me.

Excessive visible muscles with every ripple and vein visible as well. Literally gives me heebie jeebies.

when I was a little kid, even a teenager, I couldn't stand it if the closet door was open at night. I just knew there was somebody in there watching me. And, of course the monster under the bed. I would put myself smack in the middle of the bed and nothing could be hanging over the side, not a hand or a foot. couldn't even get close to the edge.

I still don't like the closet door open at night!! I don't like any door open at night, for that matter. LOL

I also don't like dark rooms with mirrors.

Mice. Gross infested vermin. I can't do mice. Give me a snake any day . . . they will eat the mice. ::yes::

The smell of funeral homes gives me the heebie-jeebies. Cannot take that wilted rotting smell of flowers. And all funeral homes have that same smell, it's creepy. Even the artificial rose smell in candles and oils ... nope. Takes me right to the funeral parlor. PASS!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter