• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Things that aren't significant that you have strong views about?

Comic books. Talk about not significant! Still, I have very strong and empassioned views about them.

Mustard is vile and does not belong anywhere near a burger…

This is from my upbringing on Long Island. No mustard to be found on burgers, it’s the unspoken rule.

A properly set table. Fork on the left, knife, spoon on the right. I hate when my kids just throw down the silverware. Take two seconds and set it properly.

My 13yr old DD hates the silverware being correct. I set the table and every time she comes to the table, she moves her fork to the right side of her plate!!!!

Mayo- it must be Hellmans

I agree, but we call it Best Foods here!🤣

When DH and I married, we claimed our pet peeves. The two that still stand in our relationship after 20+ years are how Clothing is folded and put away (he is not allowed to do because he does it wrong) and if you wear socks to bed, they have to be a fresh, clean pair. No wearing them in shoes all day, and then crawling into bed with stinky gross socks.

Cheese is a savory food. It should never be mixed with sugar.
So you don't like cheese cake, cream cheese pound cake, cream cheese frosting on cakes, lemon cake with marscarpone, Blintz Pancakes with blackberry sauce, cranberry brie puff pastry, cream cheese and fruit danish, or any of tons more of great sweet stuff made with cheese?

I prefer it over. This allows you to grab some paper with minimal risk of touching the wall and spreading germs. Unless your TP holder is setup so that you can hang under with suitable distance from said wall. Section 39 of the Toiletries Code is the standard that I go by.

People seriously worry about spreading germs on the wall while using the toilet??

Which raises a more significant concern--people worry waaaay too dang much about germs on every surface.

Simple hygiene, i.e. handwashing, and your immune system will easily combat the germs you might acquire/deposit by touching the wall while getting toilet tissue. If immunocompromised, a different story, of course.

Sprinkles ruin a perfectly good donut, cupcake or whatever. ( i tried to pick up a last minute treat at a grocery store, sprinkles everywher!)
I tend to agree with this. They look pretty, but who wants all that tasteless grit in their mouth when eating something delicious? Probably doesn’t quite rise to the level of “ruin” for me, but I get it.

People seriously worry about spreading germs on the wall while using the toilet??

Which raises a more significant concern--people worry waaaay too dang much about germs on every surface.

Simple hygiene, i.e. handwashing, and your immune system will easily combat the germs you might acquire/deposit by touching the wall while getting toilet tissue. If immunocompromised, a different story, of course.
AS previously stated, please refer to Section 39 of the Toiletries Code.

So you don't like cheese cake, cream cheese pound cake, cream cheese frosting on cakes, lemon cake with marscarpone, Blintz Pancakes with blackberry sauce, cranberry brie puff pastry, cream cheese and fruit danish, or any of tons more of great sweet stuff made with cheese?

Fruit is different than straight sugar to my taste buds, but generally I do not eat the vast majority of the items you listed. Just cause I don't like it doesn't mean others can't. Please don't ask me to try "just one bite", though. I'm in my 40s. I know what I like! I also don't like coffee. Smells great, tastes way too bitter for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter