Things that should come back

Do they still have the baby races in the lobby? We really enjoyed watching the baby’s crawl across the finish line. We just cruised on the Fantasy and I don’t recall hearing about them. And to be honest I do miss the daily navigator. It was like our morning paper on deck 4 with our coffee.
I just saw someone on here say they're back since August I believe

Bring back Platinum automatic Boarding Group 1...or 2...or even 3. Just don't make us have to stay up til midnight to jockey for position, while praying the website works.
That was exactly what I was going to write! In fact I’m in the uk so I have to set an alarm for 04:45 am in order to get the devices ready for 05:00 am to play that fastest finger first game!
I got 11:45 boarding group 8! But we had an under four aged kid who had to have a PCR before we arrived and two days later having to get a port test too so by the time all that had been done it was around 1:30pm before we finally boarded!
According to a recent e mail DCL say they have no plans to reintroduce this Platinum Perk of anytime arrival soon so my fear is if it’s gone for good!

I totally agree! Maybe it is time to revisit the platinum status. It feels like the benefits keep disappearing which doesn’t benefit anyone. I was thinking they should change the requirement to days sailed rather than amount of cruises taken. Or create a whole new status, diamond perhaps. It would include anyone who sailed 100 days or more. This certainly would demonstrate someone’s loyalty to the brand and hopefully help the disappearing benefits because fewer cruisers would qualify. Obviously the best solution would be for Disney to just reinstate the early boarding numbers for platinum status. Fingers crossed.

That was exactly what I was going to write! In fact I’m in the uk so I have to set an alarm for 04:45 am in order to get the devices ready for 05:00 am to play that fastest finger first game!
I got 11:45 boarding group 8! But we had an under four aged kid who had to have a PCR before we arrived and two days later having to get a port test too so by the time all that had been done it was around 1:30pm before we finally boarded!
According to a recent e mail DCL say they have no plans to reintroduce this Platinum Perk of anytime arrival soon so my fear is if it’s gone for good!

5:00 am works better for me than midnight, LOL! ;)

Do you have that email?

Bring back Platinum automatic Boarding Group 1...or 2...or even 3. Just don't make us have to stay up til midnight to jockey for position, while praying the website works.
Totally agree. Worked to become Platinum and now they took early boarding away, the reception and heard it is impossible to get PALO a brunch on newer ship.

I totally agree with the platinum boarding group! I was on the computer for almost an hour last night while it froze up and the best I could get was an 11:30 port arrival time and boarding group 8. Now that the testing requirement will soon be gone so should the nerve racking check in.
Same problem here. 12:45 arrival time and boarding group 16? For my 13 previous cruises, I think they could do better.

5:00 am works better for me than midnight, LOL! ;)

Do you have that email?
Really ha ha! Wow I'm a late person not an early riser. I'm always still up at midnight, But never awake at 5am! I'll see if I can find that email, but I may have deleted it. I did also fill in my post cruise survey when I came home this week and I mentioned it again,. I do like the new platinum cooler bag though. That was nice but again I don't want hundreds of them. Much nicer than the generic sling bag. At least that was something!

Same problem here. 12:45 arrival time and boarding group 16? For my 13 previous cruises, I think they could do better.
I can understand that with all the testing it was important to spread out the arriving passengers and need to not have unexpected peo0ple just rocking up anytime, but if this requirement is now being dropped then no reason not to re-introduce that Platinum perk which was simply a reward for your most loyal cruisers.

The obvious solution to that, and something that I'm sure Disney would love, is to stay in a Disney resort the night before your cruise. That way, you take Disney transportation and your PAT is guaranteed to be early.

The obvious solution to that, and something that I'm sure Disney would love, is to stay in a Disney resort the night before your cruise. That way, you take Disney transportation and your PAT is guaranteed to be early.

I was thinking of that as we are staying at a Disney resort, however we will be driving from MA and will have to bring the car to the port with us.

We only used Disney’s transportation once in 1999 from the Caribbean Beach Resort and it brought us to the port so late the buffet at Topsiders was already put away.

That would only work for Orlando.

We only used Disney’s transportation once in 1999 from the Caribbean Beach Resort and it brought us to the port so late the buffet at Topsiders was already put away.
We always arrived late too, but apparently that has finally changed.

I always worked my way atound that by getting the magical express back to the aurport and early dcl transportation to the port
Yes have done that too. But it’s a waste of time though. And now with the magical express gone… If they keep giving you early boarding when you stay at a WDW resort, especially deluxe, it sure is an incentive to stay there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter