Things that smell REALLY bad

Oh my, haha!

I'll have to agree with cigarette smoke. I'm very sensitive to smells and while my husband smokes outside, he makes my eyes water and nose itch when he's close. It surprised me because I was a smoker once upon a time ago.

Pig farms.

Our dog, after he has been out rolling on dead things.

OMG, this. When I was stationed in Korea we often had to run past a place that was near a pig farm. Supposedly the pigs were at least partly under ground. Instant wretching for me--worse and most pungent smell ever.

Along those lines, I'd say any type of reheated curry.

Are you my son and why are you posting in school? :P Any time I make curry (fresh or reheated), DS17 gets a very perturbed look on his face, walks straight to his room, and slams the door. He is not a fan.

Well, this sounds like a cliche answer, but skunk. One sprayed inside my daughter's small farm house, and it was awful! The pigs are bad too, but they've never been in the house!

I was born in Decatur, IL. home to ADM. Once you smell soy beans being processed, you will never forget it! I am cursed with a sensitive nose and many things bother me that DH never even notices. Smokers' clothing in the grocery store gets me all the time. Blech!

Pig farms.

Our dog, after he has been out rolling on dead things.

Well - I'm kind of dating myself on how old I am, but years ago I was a teenager on an exotic vacation in China. This was after they had opened up, but before there was really a solid middle class in China. We went on one of the now defunct Yangtze River cruises staying in their "2nd class" cabins. There was no 1st class, I suppose because it was more egalitarian.

So they had one major lock to raise vessels up. Basically we waited, another cruise ship entered the same lock, and several smaller vessels went on the same ride up. Then a barge loaded with pigs entered. That stench was unbearable. We went back inside and couldn't escape the smell.

Of course those cruises are a thing of the past now that the Three Gorges Dam is there.

Are you my son and why are you posting in school? :P Any time I make curry (fresh or reheated), DS17 gets a very perturbed look on his face, walks straight to his room, and slams the door. He is not a fan.

:p :p - I wish I was 17 again. :teeth:

I actually like curry, but it's a smell that unfortunately lingers. After spending a number of years working with Indian developers as a consultant, I realized it's also a smell that permeates clothing. :crazy2:

I was gonna say the same thing - only it isn't the cat, although he does try to blame him:rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm glad we got this cat last year....now I can legitimately blame her even when, ah, er, :rolleyes1someone else releases noxious fumes.

Durian.

video-travel-durian-articleLarge.jpg

Darn, you beat me to it.

I was going to name durian first, but I figured I'd let someone else have the honor.

Public service announcement: Remember to take raw chicken from the supermarket inside during a heat wave. Don't leave it in the car overnight. Trust me.

Right now, my cat. He just came home from the vet so he has that metallic medical smell, plus he peed in his carrier on the way home so he's wet, stinky and angry as a hornet.

[QUOTE="LBIJim]

Public service announcement: Remember to take raw chicken from the supermarket inside during a heat wave. Don't leave it in the car overnight. Trust me.[/QUOTE]

Oh Gd, yes! I had the misfortune of having to smell that gawdawful smell once. Dh's mother had left raw chicken in the car, didn't realize it, and the stench kept growing and growing for days until it was finally located under a seat. Ugh, just the thought turns my stomach.

The rotten egg that snuck into a carton I got at the grocery store. We ended up going out for breakfast that morning.

The beef soup bones my DH bought, put in the fridge, and promptly forgot about until I was trying to figure out the horrible smell a month later.

Well - I'm kind of dating myself on how old I am, but years ago I was a teenager on an exotic vacation in China. This was after they had opened up, but before there was really a solid middle class in China. We went on one of the now defunct Yangtze River cruises staying in their "2nd class" cabins. There was no 1st class, I suppose because it was more egalitarian.

So they had one major lock to raise vessels up. Basically we waited, another cruise ship entered the same lock, and several smaller vessels went on the same ride up. Then a barge loaded with pigs entered. That stench was unbearable. We went back inside and couldn't escape the smell.

Of course those cruises are a thing of the past now that the Three Gorges Dam is there.

Oooh! Back in 2007 I went to Shanghai. We took a bus from the airport to the hotel in the city and we weren't off the bus for 15 seconds before everyone started grabbing their noses...one loudly proclaiming "It smells like FARTS out here!" The city had a pretty ripe stink going on.

I've known that corn chip smell before. It could actually be a fungus that dogs get on their paws an dears. You might have it checked.

I think Brussels Sprouts stink up everything!

I just assumed it was from all the salt/snow on the ground that he walks through daily. I googled it, and it seems that "Frito feet" are no different than a human having stinky vinegar smelling feet. It is a similar bacteria that causes both cases. Interesting!!

I just assumed it was from all the salt/snow on the ground that he walks through daily. I googled it, and it seems that "Frito feet" are no different than a human having stinky vinegar smelling feet. It is a similar bacteria that causes both cases. Interesting!!

It's funny because my friend's dog has the frito feet and he has the vinegar feet! It can be smelled through his shoes!

Here's another one to add to the list: My friend's feet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter