• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Things that you make you feel old

Today a kid (maybe around 13 and not mine or anyone I know) engaged me in friendly conversation. He asked me if I knew who Prince was and Willie Nelson. Then he proceed to ask about bands of the 80s and 90s. And if the Spice Girls were from the 1980s.

Very sweet--but I was surprised he was surprised about my music knowledge. Lol.

Everything everyone has said but I try hard not to count down the years. Last year was 40 years since high school and I just had to count it out. I agree with someone else who said they have no idea who most of the people are in People magazine. My kids have said I turned into my mother as I now tell the grocery store clerk my life history LOL I can remember telling my mother to shhhh because she'd talk and talk to anyone. Wondering if you sit on the floor how you are going to get back up again. My coworkers are younger than my kids and my grandkids school teachers look like they are still in high school.

I am old too, but my math works out that 1967 was 49 years ago!
Yes started in 67 - sorry we celebrated starting as it was a brand new Grammar School we were so lucky with "modern" equipment etc! So we are all 60 during this school year - can't believe it and certainly don't feel it!

Realizing that I'm the age my mom was when my DH and I started dating. We've been together for 20 years (since high school and more than half my life) and married for 15. My oldest is 13 that also makes me feel old.

When I see things "come back" to a new generation such as Strawberry Shortcake, Ghostbusters, TMNT, Cabbage Patch Kids, etc.

When I started receiving frequent invitations to join AARP. It's like they were telling me "come on, admit it already, you're not fooling anyone....you're old."

When I started receiving frequent invitations to join AARP. It's like they were telling me "come on, admit it already, you're not fooling anyone....you're old."

Yep. DH hates those things and they go right in the garbage. No one wants to be reminded they're getting older. Our church has an annual party for the 70 and older crowd. There was some talk of lowering the age to 65 and older, but those in that age range convinced the hosts that an invite isn't necessarily an honor.

my oldest nephew will be a JR in HS in the fall (AAAKKK!!! - I was 13 when he was BORN!)

The music I listened to as a kid on the "oldies" station

When nephew reminds me that I'm almost 30

When you see pictures of your grandkids inside the same elementary school classroom you attended.

Finding your way to the DIS Boards in 2016, and slowly realizing after a while that it's the very same site you used to be a Moderator on back in the early 2000's... :rolleyes1

OMG, I don't know what to say, but it's rather embarrassing... so just keep a close eye on my profile from now on. And I promise to get my "identity crisis" sorted ASAP! :rolleyes:

/ Fuzzylife75 :earsboy:
(Jºoºnas_Swe)

When my 14 yr old grandson is taller than me
When we celebrated my 45 yr wedding anniversary yesterday.
When I received a reminder that my 50 yr high school reunion is next summer.

But life is good!!

My 20 year high school reunion is next year - so crazy!

Being called ma'am or the other day it was madam... huh? Less energy and more weight on my body - need to work on that big time. Starting Atkins this week! My parents turning 60 this year.

Yes started in 67 - sorry we celebrated starting as it was a brand new Grammar School we were so lucky with "modern" equipment etc! So we are all 60 during this school year - can't believe it and certainly don't feel it!

Yup... I'll be 60 this summer. It's a nice number, but it's not something I ever associate with myself!!

I feel old when I look at all the things that "kids" don't know these days and don't consider it important to know. Co-workers are always amazed when I know something that I consider general knowledge; how did they get to be in their mid-30s to mid-40s and not know about Viet Nam, or the first lunar landing? The younger the person, the less they know about history, geography, civics, science, etc. I consider it commentary on where education has headed, but it still amazes me how little general knowledge most people have these days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter