Things to do close by vancouver airport

disbendorf

Earning My Ears
We are going on the wonder this summer, and when we get off the ship in vancouver at 8:00am, our flight home isn't until 2:30pm. Do you have any suggestions on something to do close by the airport that would be family oriented. We have two kids ages 6 and 4.
Thank you

Well, all in all there would not be a whole lot of time. Since you would need to be at the airport by 11:30 since I have heard Vancouver airport is a pain to get through customs and such. Plus it takes I about 30 mins drive to get there (assuming you have a car) with no traffic ( i have no idea how bad the traffic would be)

Plus there is no guarantee you will be off right at 8am, since its based on when they clear customs and how fast you eat and get off.

We have a 1:45 pm flight the day we get off and are just taking disney transfers to the airport to not worry about anything.

We are staying by the airport after disembarking because our flight out isn't til 7ish the next morning. WE would be interested in knowing what there might be to do around the airport area! Of course, napping, repacking, etc. are likely candidates after getting up and out early (and we will be travelling all day the next day to get back to the east coast), so we may not want a lot of activity...still...can't have us being bored, LOL!

We are going on the wonder this summer, and when we get off the ship in vancouver at 8:00am, our flight home isn't until 2:30pm. Do you have any suggestions on something to do close by the airport that would be family oriented. We have two kids ages 6 and 4.
Thank you

Get to the airport as soon as you can. If you're lucky, you might have time to have lunch while waiting for your plane. You don't have as much time as you think you do.

I lived by the airport for many years so hopefully I can help you out.

The airport in Vancouver is located on one of the islands that make up the city of Richmond. There isn't much on the island that the airport is located on but you could go into the bigger island known as Richmond where there is some decent shopping on 3 Road or perhaps head to Steveston (an old Japanese Fishing village) or head over to the Richmond Nature Park. Check out findfamilyfun.com for some ideas. Location wise - stick to the ideas in the Richmond and Vancouver area.

I do agree with the previous post. Vancouver is one of those cities that doesn't have a highway in or out, so you have to tackle the main roads to get to the airport. On a good day it takes a half hour but I would definately plan for an hour. Because the airport is on an island/delta in the Fraser River you have to tackle a bridge coming and going...and we all know how gridlocked bridges are!

If it is of any help, as a kid my favourite places in Vancouver/Richmond was Stanley Park, the Richmond Nature Park, Granville Island and Chinatown.

Enjoy your stay in the lower mainland!

~Heather~

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter