Things to do in each park with low/ no wait times

justme0729

DIS Veteran
What are some things you can do easily in each park (especially toddler friendly but any) with low or no wait times without Genie+? I've started this list as I try to think through it. Anything I should add?

Magic Kingdom
  • Parade/ Fireworks
  • Dumbo Play Area
  • Casey's Splash Pad
  • Tom Sawyer Island
  • Pooh ride play area
  • Swiss family treehouse
  • Character meets? Are there any with low waits without genie+?
Epcot
  • Playground
  • Character Meets in World Showcase
  • Aquarium area
  • Walk/ snack at the countries
  • Fireworks
DHS
  • Disney Jr, frozen, etc. Shows
  • Fantasmic

Animal Kingdom
  • Lion King and Nemo Show
  • Look at animals

MK- Carousel of Progress, WDW Railroad, Country Bears, Tiki Room, Hall of Presidents, Mickey’s Philarmagic.Most of those you are just waiting for the next show

AK- the Dino version of Dumbo never has a long line. It’s Tough to be a bug is normal short wait. You can also take the train to Conservation Station where there is a petting zoo

HS: Disney Jr dance party, those character meet and greets outside it and Star Wars Launch Bay are normally pretty short, Lighting McQueen racing academy

Epcot: Beauty and Beast singing along. Living w the Land, Figment ride normally has a short line.

The boat ride in the Mexico pavilion we’ve never had to wait long. Even last spring break middle of the day I think we maybe waited 10 minutes and I’d say it was less than that.

The next couple rides do have waits and aren’t walk on. However, when we are there and waits are regularly an hour plus for everything, these few seem to be a half hour or under. So you have to wait but comparatively not bad at all.

Nemo

Maybe not toddler friendly, but unless you’re there right in the middle of the day (maybe noon-5ish) we find mission space green and star tours aren’t usually bad even during busy times.

No waits for the different performers around World Showcase other than waiting for the scheduled time. Voices of Liberty in America, Mariachi Cobre in Mexico, Matsuriza in Japan, Sergio in Italy and over in World Celebration (FKA Future World) you have the JAMMitors.

Little Mermaid Ride at MK tends to have a low wait anytime I visit, but I don't visit during peak days like Holidays.

Although I like the "Awesome Planet" movie in The Land Pavillion, it isn't particularly toddler friendly.

The boat ride in the Mexico pavilion we’ve never had to wait long. Even last spring break middle of the day I think we maybe waited 10 minutes and I’d say it was less than that.

The next couple rides do have waits and aren’t walk on. However, when we are there and waits are regularly an hour plus for everything, these few seem to be a half hour or under. So you have to wait but comparatively not bad at all.

Nemo

Maybe not toddler friendly, but unless you’re there right in the middle of the day (maybe noon-5ish) we find mission space green and star tours aren’t usually bad even during busy times.

One year, the line for the the boat ride was out the front door of the pyramid. It was so long, that you couldn't tell the difference between it and La Cava's line :rotfl2: It was Thanksgiving I believe or maybe even xmas-NYE. It was a record thing though; I have never seen it that bad since, even on Thanksgiving.

I'd say WedWay PeopleMover at MK...... That's a standby only line that will usually move along pretty quickly. Very toddler friendly!

One year, the line for the the boat ride was out the front door of the pyramid. It was so long, that you couldn't tell the difference between it and La Cava's line :rotfl2: It was Thanksgiving I believe or maybe even xmas-NYE. It was a record thing though; I have never seen it that bad since, even on Thanksgiving.
Wow! When we went spring break it was backed up to the store area outside the line, and that was the longest I’ve ever seen it. However I don’t think we really ever stopped moving, albeit slowly, and like I said we were in in under 10 minutes.

The boneyard at animal kingdom is a great play area.

There’s a playground at the exit of mission space in EPCOT arhat you can get to by going through the gift shop exit.

There’s also a play area in the aquarium section of Epcot behind the big Bruce the Shark you can crawl into.

In Eocot there is a hedge maze in the UK, a path up to a waterfall in Canada and a miniature train village in germany. Our toddlers loved exploring those places. There are also the “circle vision” movies in world showcase that never seem to have a wait when we’ve gone

Probably not everyones cup of tea but we get great entertainment watching people. One year we took pics of crazy/inappropriate footwear. High heels (can I say fmp’s?). Another we took pics of men in sandals wearing black socks (between ages of 12 and 60). Once we took silly pics of us in hats at each country. On rides that they take pics we’d take pic of them taking pics of us taking pics of them taking pic taking a pic ….well it kinda gets in a circle. Inappropriate t shirts but Disney shuts that down quickly. Crazy pics of us with Mickey ears in each country, be creative. No faces were shown unless us. Yes we are easily entertained but it’s our vacation. There is lots of free entertainment just look around….you may be it. Lol. Bill

Car area at the Test Track exit (enter through gift shop to the right of the TT entrance) - lots of room for toddlers to run around.

Splash pad near TT area.

Monorail ride around the MK area. You can also hop off and explore the resorts.

Not sure if a toddler would sit through it, but Monsters Inc Laugh Floor is cute.

Although I like the "Awesome Planet" movie in The Land Pavillion, it isn't particularly toddler friendly.

My toddler wouldn't have sat through this but I finally got around to seeing it and I have to admit I loved it. The videography was stunning and I think the message got through without being preachy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter